“A little gem ”

Owl's Hill Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Terling
Description: Owl's Hill Tearoom is a cosy and welcoming tearoom in the heart of the pretty Essex village of Terling. We are on a popular cycling route and have plenty of beautiful dog walks nearby. Perfect if you want a quiet coffee and cake reading the newspaper or to have time to catch up with friends. We serve locally roasted coffee, tea and a range of soft drinks. Enjoy a drink with delicious homemade cakes, pastries and scones. We have gluten free cakes & bread available for sandwiches. For lunch you can choose from freshly made sandwiches, sausage rolls, quiche, jacket potatoes or something on toast. In the winter we will serve fresh soup and crusty bread.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just happened to be passing this place so popped in for a coffee and bite to eat. The food and coffee was great (even had soy milk for fussy me!)- Lovely fresh bread for the sandwich and to top it all off the lady running the place offered to hold my baby whilst I was eating so I could tackle the sandwich with both hands. A very unexpected and kind gesture for a tired mum. Thank you.

Date of visit: April 2018
Sarah M, Owner at Owl's Hill Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stop off in tearoom. It was a pleasure to hold little Seb while you ate - I know how rare that opportunity arises with a baby. Hope to see you again. Sarah

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Little tea shop in the village. Easy to drive by. Do stop and receive the friendly welcome to the smell of brewing coffee and lemon drizzle cake. Great place but small. Be prepared to wait for a table it will be worth it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Large range of home made cakes and some hot food
Friendly stafon a negative, parking an issue, so difficult at busy times

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Owls Hill is a lovely oasis in the heart of Terling. A perfect place to stop on a cycle ride, or catch up as a family on a drive out. I’ve always had a warm welcome whenever I’ve been there and the food is great. Make sure you try Sarah’s Courting Cake! It’s great to see they are bike friendly too with locks you can borrow and tubes and pumps should the need arise. This is one of my favourite places

Date of visit: January 2018
Sarah M, Owner at Owl's Hill Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hi Carl, thank you so much for your review. It is always good to hear people’s reviews of our little Tearoom and I’m so pleased you enjoy your visits to us. Courting cake is definitely a favourite! Hope to see you soon, Sarah

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Beautiful tearoom in good walking and cycling area. Lovely, friendly atmosphere. Lots of delicious homemade cakes and lunches. Wonderful coffees and dog friendly. Perfect! Highly recommend a visit.

Date of visit: September 2017
Sarah M, Owner at Owl's Hill Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review Yvonne, I'm so pleased you enjoy your visits to our tearoom and I hope we see you soon. Sarah