All reviews nature walk log huts jungle lodges and resorts wildlife movie spotted deer forest department private hammock camp fire maintained place table tennis tea coffee excellent experience non veg special thanks courteous staff bison butterfly
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Rooms and other Amenities were pretty decent. Very Natural and simple setup. Awesome home like food and staff was very courteous. The dormitory with bunk beds was a different experience. Jungle safari and nature walk in the morning were added attraction,

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SajinaS15
JungleLodgesResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bannerghatta Nature Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear Guest,
I am really glad to note that you had a fabulous stay at our resort and enjoyed the Safari, food, services and all the facilities at the resort.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Any short holiday for my son and I means a trip to some wilderness area. I avoid the concrete jungles not only because I find nothing interesting in cities but also find driving very taxing on my nerves and so when an opportunity to drive to Bengaluru came up I was at a loss. For someone who can't think beyond some forest I was absolutely not looking forward to the trip.

Of all the wildlife destinations in Karnataka, I, hold Bandipur Tiger Reserve in high esteem and the Bandipur Safari Lodge of Jungle Lodges & Resorts is my top destination. I suddenly remembered that JLR had a property near Bengaluru and I decided it was better to stay at a nature camp rather than in the city. We booked into Bannerghatta Nature Camp for a night since I wasn't sure what to expect. After all, this was a place that had captive animals rather than real wildlife.

We reached around 12.30 in the afternoon and we were first left with a feeling the we were about to regret the decision. The approach itself was from the rear,through a village, and the explanation given was that the gates of the biological park closes at 5.00 Pm. Then there were a bunch of school kids playing cricket and volley ball in front of the dining area, which itself was nothing like the Gol Ghar in other JLR properties.

Once we got to the tent, things were looking bright. The executive tent, that we were allotted was new and they looked nothing like a tent! It had a wooden door with ground glass panels. The sleeping area was large and comfy though the extra bed was space occupying. However, that bed became our storage area for photography gear and other luggage. The bathroom is huge and with very neat. It seemed that this tent should have been in Kabini River Lodge and not here! They also have couple of loghuts, a wooden chalet and dormitories.

Food was good, thought it won't measure up to the Bandipur or Kabini standards. There is nothing to complain about though execpt that during lunch hour it is a melee due to the day trippers. Dinner time is pleasant as, only overnight guests are there. Like in other JLR properties they screen a wildlife movie before dinner. They also had a campfire going while they served hot soup to the guests enjoying the warmth.

They take you on a bus trip into the biological park which was something we were not really enjoying after all the jeep safaris into real jungles. Here the lions, tigers and bears looked well fed and lazy! If you are someone not keen on going into a real forest this is a good option. Close encounters with the big carnivores and other animals is rare in wild life sanctuaries and national parks. Here you see them up close. The only problem is that this trip is combined with the trip to the zoo and butterfly park so the time is not really sufficient unless you stay for more than one day.

There is also a nature walk through the herbivore area of the park. If you are a birding enthusiast, this is something you should not miss. You will also run into some herbivores on the walk. We said hello to a black buck fawn, some sambar deer and nilgai or blue bull.

On the whole a pleasant experience and a nice place to introduce children to wildlife. It is a comprehensive package that comes at a fraction of the cost of Bandipur or Kabini. It is ideal for families with children who don't mind absence of the luxuries of a city hotel. The staff are also very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Didn't see inside of the loghuts but the tents are very nice. Loghuts have airconditioning but that is lacking in the tents.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Awesome experience pleasant stay worth every rupee spent.....looking forward to visit again and definitely recommend for friends......the courtesy of staff over there was the best and very friendly in all ways

Trip type: Travelled with family
JungleLodgesResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bannerghatta Nature Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying our resort, I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience at the resort.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Location is very good. Swiss tents and executive tents are descent. However most disappointing part is the log hut. What you get is a room full of rats and you are paying almost 10k for this rat filled room ! Please do something to clean this mess !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ayan_bang
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I have visited most of the property of Jungle Lodges and this one was exceptional because of the close proximity from where we live. We reached this place in an hours time from my house.One of the best places for one day getaway near Bangalore. We stayed in the executive tent and we liked it. Best part was the Bannerghatta National park safari, it is tuff to believe that we live so close to a national park until we visited this place. The entire staff is very courteous, friendly, informative about the safari and the animals present in the safari. I am also sharing some of the picture taken during our safari.

Date of stay: October 2016
JungleLodgesResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bannerghatta Nature Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Guest,
Thanks for sharing your experience.