New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“What a find.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whitehouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chillington
Whitehouse
Ranked #3 of 6 Chillington B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“What a find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We took this trip as a special deal from Mr and Mrs Smith, and what a joy it was. We may never have stayed as we felt quite remote, but we were quite close to Dartmouth and Salcombe so it was an idyllic little getaway.
We had the most relaxing lovely time. The staff were exceptionally attentive and couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4. Lovely bath to relax in and a four poster bed. We liked it but didn't see a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a lovely stay here and the hotel is very much set up as if you are staying with friends. Which is lovely, a great atmosphere that makes you feel more forgiving if things aren't quite right. Several meals we had weren’t up to scratch but one felt forgiving because they were very busy and doing their best, it’s a shame the same courtesy is not extended to the guests on check out when it comes to money. Absolutely every tiny thing is charged for and itemised on the bill.
I don’t mind that, but if you are going to charge for single packets of crisps offered with my drink, don’t open them and put them in a bowl as if they are complementary, just give me the packet to open myself.
It’s a foolish attitude as we would have bought lots of repeat business but left with a bit of a bitter taste, feeling like we had been fleeced.
The friendliness of the hostess seems to also disappear once the bill has been paid. Very short sighted!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DevonBinky
Honiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

We went to the white house after I'd come across it by attending a wedding there. I then returned with my family this summer to take my Mum out for her birthday. We had a peach bellini afternoon tea out in the garden and it was probably the best afternoon tea I've ever had! Really relaxed atmosphere, gorgeous food and we loved making friends with the gorgeous cats and dogs who live there. Lovely place and I'm already planning on a return visit for my own birthday next year :)

Room Tip: Try the afternoon tea out in the garden - bliss!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed here for two nights following our wedding in Cornwall. The staff were friendly and welcoming although the girl on reception seemed a little frazzled and got confused with our dinner order several times including forgetting our wine and delivering my main as 'Pigeon' when it was 'Partridge' - that aside it is a beautiful property and the bed in Room 5 was amazing and just what we needed to recover from the wedding. It would have been nice to receive a drink on the house or some kind of acknowledgment of our honeymoon and that level of personal attention was missed. The receptionist on the second day was very helpful organising taxis for our meal out and offered us breakfast in bed the following morning which was a treat. It was an expensive stay and I think more attention to guests could be provided but it was an indulgence for us and probably a one-off.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RJFelwick
totnes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My partner and I went for a one night stay mid week as a birthday treat. We live fairly locally to the White house and had heard good reviews so thought we would enjoy 24hours child free. On arrival we were given a lovely cream tea and the open fires were lit as rain poured down outside. We sat in the stylish lounge listening to great music, a good way to start to relax... Our room (No 1) was very comfortable and the the pillows/duvet were so soft it made for a good nights rest. We had our evening meal in the restaurant and enjoyed all the food provided, breakfast was also a treat the following morning.. nice that it runs till 11am so good for a lie in. All in all a lovely break. My only small criticism would be that for the room price I would have expected more attention to detail - i.e shower soap / shampoo provided was empty / coffee machine slightly broken / clock in room not working.. am I being fussy?
I also had not appreciated that you had free admission to the Dartmouth Hotel Spa as had not had any information from the house regarding my booking after my initial contact by phone. If I had known we could have arranged time to make full use.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank swimmingminky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillington
10.7 km away
25.0 km away
The Orestone Manor
The Orestone Manor
#8 of 89 in Torquay

Been to Whitehouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK