See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We stay at Punta Nord in July, We were so surprised with the hotel overhall, clean, the position near the beach, facilities(2 large pools, 1 for kids) good size rooms,the friendly staff and the amazing food.
My 2 little ones were crying asking to stay longer.
Thank you for an amazing holiday.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sfi43
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I decided to take a vacation in the Rimini area, where I was many years ago, that's why this hotel was my choice. First, I want to say that it is an Italian families dedicated hotel. There were very few foreign people. I don't speak Italian, but I understand a lot and part of the stuff was speaking English also, so that there wasn't any problem of communication especially because they were all very friendly. I want to make a special remark for Matteo, at the reception.
I had a room with balcony at the 6 floor, it was a big room, they did the cleaning daily, the bathroom was also big enough. The breakfast was the same all the time, but the lunch and the dinner meals were delicious, fresh prepared, you could chose from different sorts, water, juices, wine and beer were free, also free coffee and juices all day long. I had all inclusive so that I was able to use things from the minibar at the different established hours. I had my place on the beach, received in the first day and kept for any guest for the entire period. The hotel has also an outside swimming pool, but I must confess that I preferred to be close to the sea. There were all kind of activities along the day and in the evenings, big part of them for the kids, but also for adults. I was impressed by the attention given to the kids not only by the entertainment stuff but by the entire personnel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Went with Shearings last year in September, The hotel is very clean and so are the rooms we where in room 209 and had a balcony and sea view.The free Wifi was great and the reception staff were fantastic and helped you to put it on you phone.The all inclusive was very good and you got wine and water on you table at meal times then it ended up with us getting other drinks as well Vincent our waiter saw to all this he was amazing always a smile and nothing is to much trouble if he can get your something you want he will he is a asset to this hotel without him would not be the same at all he make your holiday.met some great people as well one of the best coach holidays ever.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baz1960
punta nord v, Direttore at Color Punta Nord Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Dear family,
we are pleased to announce that from the season 2016, the management is entrusted to Blue Lido company, which for more than 40 years offering quality holidays for families with children of all ages.
Please also see our new site to see first hand our changes on the structure and on the services offered.
We welcome you as guests in 2016 to give you the opportunity to review your opinion.
The direction

Reviewed 19 October 2015

We can only confirm the positive reviews for this hotel and are confused at some of the negative reviews, especially regarding the food.
The location is excellent barely 4 minutes walk to the beach. Unfortunately when we were there the summer season had ended the week before so everything looked rather bleak especially as most of the shops, bars and cafes along the seafront were closed.
The hotel grounds are excellent with two pools, adult and children's and loads of space to relax with an adequately stocked pool bar close at hand.

We asked for a quite room and we got room 218 which was exactly that as it was at the top end of the hotel at the front. The balcony was compact but useful for stepping out and looking at the sea and the views of the park across the road.
The room was clean and large enough to accommodate an extra single bed. There was an adequate amount of wardrobe space and drawers for a week's stay and more. The twin beds were firm but very comfortable as were the pillows.The bedding and towels were changed very regularly and our room was spotless. There is a free safe in the wardrobe, always a bonus.
Another bonus was the free Wi-Fi, with access renewed each day with a new login code - not a problem.It works in most rooms and reception.
This was described by Shearings as an all inclusive holiday and I have read previous negative reviews about the arrangement which make me wonder about the reviewers. Every evening and lunchtime there was an new unopened bottle of typically Italian chilled white wine and a bottle of red, both of which were most palatable. In addition we were EACH given a slip of paper with 36 credits for any additional drinks including beers, spirits, coffees etc. sufficient for our stay as we never used all of the credits. Spirits and mixers counted as one credit. The lounge was adequate to comfortably accommodate our party each evening although the hotel was far from full whilst we were there.
All of the staff from reception through to housekeeping were friendly, helpful and accommodating, but the absolute star of the hotel was the much talked about VINCENT. It would be hard to imagine how this place would function without Vincent. At mealtimes he looked after our party of 50 plus with excellent service at an incredible speed from course to course, plus his regular reappearance after each course was served with the offer of extra portions - phew! He was also assisting in the bar when not in the dining room and I have to say his mixer drinks were the strongest and the best - Hic.
We plan to return to this hotel again and it is the quality and variety of the typically Italian food and Vincent that are the main reason for returning, next time in season!

As mentioned previously the number 4 buses just around the corner from the hotel take you to Rimini old town for under 2 Euros per trip. thereafter it it easy and cheap to get buses or the train to a whole range of destinations for the days when you don't want to go on the organised coach trips. I would recommend the number 11 bus to Riccione, a beautiful place to visit for the seafront and shops. You can get the train direct from near to the hotel as an alternative. The train station is up from the information office on the the left on the main Torre Pedrera seafront strip. The staff in the information office were extremely helpful with tips for independant travellers. Bus and train times and destinations.
The Pharmacists is just along from the information office for any medical needs.

The only problem on the holiday was the mosquitoes etc, it is fair to say that none of us was warned or prepared for the biting creatures which were around day and night. You really need repellant around the pool on a day and in the rooms on a night if you leave your balcony doors open. Bite cream is also a must for the inevitable. This is not the hotels fault they are everywhere.

Our Shearing excursions were excellent with the exception of the optional trip to Rimini old town which you can do far more cheaply independently at a time when it is not siesta. Our trip To beautiful Riccione was deeply disappointing because we were only allowed a derisory half an hour to whizz around the centre.We also thought that 6 hours was far too long to be allocated in Ravenna out of season in poor weather. all the highlights etc can be bagged in 4 hours.
Whilst our drivers George and Valdec were excellent and informative, George on our hotel and immediate location and Valdec on the trip locations, there was a certain tension which developed between them throughout the holiday which was obvious to the passengers, especially relating to the lack of interest in the option trips which were to pay for?
All in all a brilliant hotel and holiday with many fond memories. If we go back we will do more independently, apart from the St Leo and San Marino trip which was fantastic.

Room Tip: Room 218 - quite
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Darthwilly
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Having just spent a week at this Hotel, We can Honestly say we had a great time, the rooms were clean and tidy, and towels were changed every day. The staff were more than helpful and looked after us to our every needs, as for the food, no problems we had breakfast, and a seven course lunch, and a seven course evening meal, with wine on the table at every sitting. Restaurant staff were first class especially VINCENT, this man could not do enough for us and everybody in the restaurant. I have eaten in some top class places and this man is something else, top class. The Hotel is in a very convenient location with the beach just down the road, and the local shops a few more yards further on. The local bus will take you into Rimini which takes about half an hour, for 1.35 Euros, which stops at the main railway station, where you can get to anywhere (not just in Italy). I would recommend this Hotel, what we paid and what we got was excellent, some people may differ, but then they have not been around this big world..... Thank you for a great time we enjoyed it very much...

Room Tip: with shower
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family