1. From Kolkata, 3 km after Dhulagarh toll (100 rs per car....phew!!!!) is Panchla More. Turn left and bang there is the resort only 400 mts before even you can shift beyond 3rd gear. This road is quite prominent @ 60 degree with NH-6. Road is very good for a village road and goes upto Bauria Ghat on Ganges after crossing Bauria station in between. Location: 10 (out of 10).
2. The resort has a manicured ground with slopes adding to beauty. Construction work going on around. The northern side at places misses proper boundary near parking lot. The pool is great. Though on a friday at 10 in the morning some people got busy with some job may be an urgent one. But guests will surely stay away when such people are around. A basket ball, carrom and TT board also there. Same a trampaulin for the kids. Resort: 8
3. Rooms are spacious. Some fittings in 103 bathroom are not in shape (shower holder, face mirror, etc, minor ones). Interior of the rooms are great. Most of the rooms are twin doubles. King size beds in higher end few rooms only.Another arm chair would have been better. Room:8
4. BAr was closed for a dry day. Ok but they made a great cocktail for my better half.
restaurant foods are good, really good taste. Quantity of each item served is just ok. Anything less would have been a issue. Prices are almost at par with similar resources. Room services are good. well it was a week day. waiter courteous but they should all learn to be more smiling. Its so lovely to see there smiling face. Even with grease they remain serious. Anyway good. Food Service:8
5. Finally I will suggest you must go. Ask Calcutta office for an early check in and they are happy to provide one if rooms are available. With a little care this can be a busier resort that raichak on ganges, any mandarmoni resort, fortuna, lakeland, etc. Start the Gym and spa and some one should hang on to move the people and make things happen. Remember road is your advantage. Some more road signs would have been better. Overall: 8.8 (I don't go for averaging)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55 acres of bountiful nature, endless vistas and silence broken only by whispers of the wind. Country Roads unveils a whole new meaning to life as an appreciation to the soul stirring enchantment of nature. You will, for a time become a part of nature that will rejuvenate your Body, Mind and Soul. With a distinctive identity derived from its role as a natural haven, there is ‘everything’ for our Discerning Guests to experience at Country Roads... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Country Roads reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Roads Howrah, West Bengal