We have recently stayed in one of your hotels & found our stay extremely painful & full of inconvenience. We are not a kind of people who go on & write bad reviews but, think we actually wasted our money by spending at your hotel. We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Air port Hotel, Zurich. Here are few things that we would want you to know & then answer back with the reasons -
1. As you are in a hospitality industry, we would expect guests to be greeted with smile whenever they are around the reception or enter the hotel. Sadly, none of the staff knew this basic principles. They never paid attention who comes-in and goes out. When someone arrives in hotel, I think he / she should be greeted by hotel staff / reception & not ignored as they walk in. Reception never greeted us instead ignored us all the time. We understand sometimes, that they were serving other guests before us but can a smile be brought back on their faces?
2. They were unsure about the charges of the facilities that you provide (for ex. internet) . They said I can buy internet package ( 4 hrs for 10 Francs or 24 hours for 15 Francs ). We said we will take 15 Francs one. Suddenly the guy (Andreas ) who was listening to conversation cleared this by telling us that 24 hours means to be used in one go & 4 hours for 10 Francs means you can log in & out unlimited times until you've used that allowance. The staff itself is confused that what hotel actually offers? As far as I know hotel offers this - free 30 min wi-fi on each day of your stay ( We only got it for one day & that's it ) & then after that you would need to buy it.
We bought 4 hours package. Used it for an hour for 1 day & second day used it for an hour again. After that our profile expired. I called the reception & asked the reason for this & got an answer back that I would need to purchase a new one. They know the internet has some problem but when profile expires , they can't do anything as in I have to buy a new one. I've already paid for 4 hours, why should I pay again? When I asked them this question , they said ok & gave me another voucher. Surprisingly that voucher lasted only 40 minutes & profile expired again. I was getting sick of your service at this stage. My question is, are you actually putting an effort in training your staff ? Either that 4 hours need to be used in 24 hours, or profile changes need to be handled in a better way. Nothing was cleared to us & neither to your staff. It's such a shame.
3.The tea kettle had calcium deposits . Thank God, we checked it before actually boiling it. We told the reception about it & they did gave a new kettle in return. My question is did you check the room before allotting it to guests?
4.After our first night stay , the bath dispenser had no shampoo / shower gel in it. We went to reception informed Andreas ( reception ) about it & was assured that house keeping would look into this & get it sorted. We arrived back in hotel at night only to find that nothing was done & we still don't have shower gel. We called reception again & asked about it. They never apologized for this & said they will bring us shower gel/shampoo soon. We did receive a bottle later on only to find out that we were given hand-wash instead of shampoo / shower gel for bath. How stupid is this & why would you do that? The bottle itself said hand wash , i think you can read it before giving it to your guests. As a result, we used our own personal face-wash / shampoos. We were lucky that we packed a small bottle of shampoo from UK just in case we need to take bath when we go out to gym.
5.The breakfast all three days we stayed was unchanged with a dish here or there? There were no fresh fruits other than apples. We felt bored eating same stuff continuously for 3 days in row.
6.We put a note that please put some extra teas & milk for us only to find out that nothing was done. We were given 3 teas for 2 people ? 3 teas for 2 people, what calculations do you use? If it's 2 guests staying in room, I think even numbers would work better. Even after we wrote note, it doesn't work.
7.The coach / shuttle driver gave pathetic service. He was more busy in smoking & doing his long hair with his hands than serving guests. All guests were going inside the luggage trolley tied at the back of shuttle & no help was given at all. I think courtesy pays well & poor customer service will land your business in trouble.
8.The bed-sheet / bed cover was never cleaned. When we arrived there was a dirty spot on this. It never changed as we had that spot for 3 days of our stay? Why so unhygienic facility ?
I have Holiday Inn near my place in Manchester & was thinking if ever I have guests looking to stay a night or more , I will book a room in holiday Inn for them. i think I would rethink now !
Overall we found our stay extremely painful, unhygienic, sad with a feeling of getting ripped off for no good reason. We paid €274.50 for 3 nights & on top of it 10 Francs for useless Internet connection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport is the perfect choice for any visit to Zurich and to stay next to the airport. Whether you are exploring the country on business or pleasure, our modern hotel offers both comfort and value so you can relax, recharge and face the day with a smile.• 163 modern and fully equipped bedrooms over 6 floors• 3 spacious wheelchair accessible and specially adapted room for disabled guests• 24 hour service from our reception, bar and lounge area• Complimentary buffet breakfast from 4 a.m.• Complimentary Shuttle to Airport & City Centre• 5 meeting rooms with daylight for up to 25 persons• Over 100 Indoor and Outdoor car parking• Business Corner in the lobby• High speed internet access available• Priority Club: interesting reward program offering you many advantages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport Hotel Rumlang
- Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich/Rumlang