Residence Trinacria(Santa Tecla)
  • Free Internet
Villa dei Leoni(Santa Tecla)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewinfinity poolbeautiful hotelhalf boardsea watershort staypublic areasrooms are bigspacious bathroomon the rocksgiardini naxosreception stafffresh fishpeace and quiethidden gemair conditioningsplendid view
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel as it has the best location and service but is not ultra expensive! Absolutely must : have lunch and /or dinner in the outside restaurant, Osteria Antonio and follow suggestions of your waiter Orazio, you will never be disappointed! Most delicious food and friendly 5 stars service! Lifeguard service on the beach is amazing, they are there for any possible problem and solve it! Try the thai masseurs , she is outstanding! I went back for 3 years and never got disappointed!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2017

We were mesmerized with the charming and splendid view of the sea when we checked into our very spacious room that has a nice patio overlooking the swimming pool as well as the sea.

Service was excellent and staff gave us everything we needed. Bathroom was spacious and had a jacuzzi in it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and we were definitely choose to stay here again when we visit Sicily, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ilovedawn
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I stayed here recently and was with a group of business associates. It is a lovely location overlooking the sea, but it is not walkable to anything. Although this massive hotel is painted bright purple, the view is spectacular and the outdoor areas are spacious (and the pool is large, although in the middle of everything). I was fortunate enough to have a decent-sized room with a balcony with a sea view. (Some of my colleagues were not....and it seems all rooms are not created equal here). If you are there on vacation, you won't mind that the wifi signal is only good in the lobby area -- and most often did not work in my room. (Others who I was traveling with had the same complaint). This was very frustrating, as I needed to work. Also, my room was very warm. I think there was a temperature problem. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said it needed to be fixed from "up front" but nothing worked. So, I just kept my sliding doors open while I was in the room. But the sliding doors don't have screens on them (normal for Europe), so I did not feel comfortable keeping them open all night long. The food is good here, although I was charged a different price every day at the bar when I purchased a bottle of water for my room. Kind of strange. Very cute gift shop, too.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marla C
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We were part of a group relocated to this hotel from an overbooked hotel in Giardini-Naxos. Lovely sea view from our balcony. Large, well-appointed room with a very comfortable king bed and more spacious closet/wardrobe than most in Sicily. Good bathroom with plenty of counter space, a real plus. AC too cold for us, temp could only be adjusted by the front desk, but they were quite responsive when we asked, had us specify how many degrees we wanted it adjusted. The pool deck and infinity pool were lovely. There was also a small area in the sea that was cordoned off for swimming, which could be accessed down a ladder. Unfortunately the pool could only be accessed from 9 am until 7 pm, and pool towels had to be turned in by 6:30. Since there were multiple groups who were out for day trips all day at the time we were there, this was less than desirable in terms of customer service. Several of us from different groups rushed down to get in a swim before the pool closed, only to find out that we'd have to drip our way back to our rooms since we couldn't get towels even though there was 45 minutes left of pool time. The breakfast buffet was decent on our first morning, but when additional groups arrived, we found that the staff had a hard time keeping it supplied. Because we were so far away from other options, we had multiple dinners here which were served buffet style. Dining room at dinner was very noisy, most desirable items quickly depleted and not replenished. We were happiest when our group got moved into the outside covered terrace where it was a little quieter. If not part of a group, you need to have a car to take advantage of this hotel. And the hotel needs to work on matching its resources to the needs of clientele -- such as making pool available at hours groups staying there can access; and staffing up to handle buffet demands. That said, we had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the room and bed as we moved on to older properties.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2016

The room was large, with two queen size beds, a large wardrobe, tv, air conditioning, minibar and a functional bathroom.
We were upgraded to a room with a sea view and a terrace and it was just beautiful.
There is free wi-fi, but it onl works if you register your details.
Our room was quiet.
We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel, there was a good buffet, with a good choice of food and quite abundant.

Room Tip: Room 426 was excellent, choose a room with sea view
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends