“Steak dinner to remember”

Tura Beach Country Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tura Beach
Reviewed 29 June 2021 via mobile

Best. Steak. Ever.

A typical NSW Golf Course Country Club with a pokies vibe and a decor reminiscent of 2005. We visited in the evening so missed the ocean views. No doubt spectacular during the daytime.

But the eye fillet steak - oh my - easily judged it the best I’ve ever eaten before I had to cook it myself on the Steak Rock Grill at the table.

A unique experience that allows you to cook a prime cut to your liking. And when you are paying $36 - you have no one to blame for overcooked beef when you are in control. It was hands down the tastiest and most tender piece of eye fillet I’ve ever had. The self-service rock grill seared the cut perfectly and it’s up to you how much you cook each mouthful any further. I found I cooked each bite less than the one before as it was genuine melt in the mouth rare fillet steak.

The side of veggies was generous with a lovely wedge of Kent pumpkin cooked well and crunchy greens of broccoli and beans. I chose garlic butter as an accompaniment but would choose a sauce next time. The usual mushroom pepper gravy and jus were available.

We paired the steak with a glass of house red - a Shiraz that came in a generous glass for $5.50 - got to love club prices for quaffing vino!

I spoke to the Chef after the meal and told him how much I enjoyed the steak and said to keep using his beef supplier - it was divine.

I rarely write a review. This was was exceptional food for a modest feed-the-masses venue. I can’t recommend he steak menu more highly.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank juliehD6856EC
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

Four of us visited for lunch 4th May 21, and suffice to say we won’t be going back, two had roast of day could not get your fork into the pork, one had the beef pie meat that tough he could not chew it, one had battered fish, which was still part frozen inside, the Pambula golf club has gone the same way and it’s bistro is now closed so Tura Beach country club might well wind up the same, get your act together Tura

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 25 March 2021

11 dollar Monday to Friday lunch menu, awesome food, awesome staff very friendly and frankly one of the very few places who have blamed COVID-19 for any changes they have been forced to make. Great weekly evening menu specials this place is a must visit if going to Merimbula.

Reviewed 23 March 2021

Food was great. Had the chicken schnitzel, kids calamari and chips and the hot stone grill surf and turf. Every thing we had was really lovely the hot stone grill beef was amazing well worth the price. The view was amazing and there was plenty of space. I wish they had a kids play area and if the staff members had a more chipper attitude.

Reviewed 7 March 2021

I recently became a member and decided to bring visiting family here.

The Receptionist on the front desk was lovely and helpful but from there on it went downhill fast.

I was totally embarrassed at the quality of the food and basic service.

The menu is very restricted . We ordered roast pork and it came without crackling or apple sauce - a crime in itself - and the meat was dry and uninspiring.

It was a Sunday night and a trainee waitress was working. She walked past our table several times and didn't pick up anything from our cramped table.

The scene was very much for older people - similar to a nursing home.

Left feeling dissatisfied and embarrassed.

Not recommended.