The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel
US$ 65
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
US$ 192
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
US$ 84
US$ 148
US$ 97
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
US$ 104
US$ 101
  • Breakfast included
1,966 results
All reviewsq hotelsspa breakgood sizeevening mealleisure facilitieslovely hotelnight breakbuffet lunchcream teabreakaway clubreception staffbar arearestaurant managerlight lunchsteam room and saunarelaxation roomhotel restaurant
Reviewed 15 September 2012

The hotel was lovely. It was in a quiet location and was very comfortable. We had a shower stall as well as a bath in the bathroom. Staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was Ok. It was a good range, but the hot selection was a little greasy, or sometimes cold.

Room Tip: We had a room which overlooked the mountains nearby. It was sunny as well.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay and for mentioning that our breakfast standards were not to our normal level. I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef who will take any necessary action and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies.

I trust that your stay with us was otherwise enjoyable and that, should you decide to return to England again in the future you may consider returning to The Cheltenham Chase Hotel.

Great to hear that you enjoyed some elusive English Sun too!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My partner and I stayed The Cheltenham Chase Hotel for a weekend break. On arrival our first impressions were that we were pleasantly surprised with the layout and entrance/reception area.

We were greeted by a polite member of staff who checked us in and given directions to our room. we made our way down a long corridor, but it was worth the walk, upon entering the room we were very happy with it. Modern, clean and spacious. It also had safe, a fridge, wide screen TV, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. The bathroom was spotless and modern containing a bath and shower. The toiletries and towels replenished daily.

The bed was comfortable, except we were expecting a "double" bed but instead got two singles that had been put together (pretty well) apart from the "dip" which wasn't very easy to lie on. It seemed to get bigger on the second night.

We arrived for breakfast the first morning to find a queue of 3-4 people in front of us, and no waiter to been seen! When he did arrive he seemed to struggle with finding available tables. Many tables hadn't been cleared hence the queuing. There was also a long queue for the hot breakfast and when we finally got to the front, we had to wait for tomatoes for a good 6-7 minutes which was disappointing, as the food looked lovely but was getting cold, one waitress did offer for us to put our plates on the hot plate so not to get too cold but this didn’t work, as when we got back to our table our food was luke warm at best. There was also no "tin loaf" bread for us to make toast with, waited again, but gave up! This was the case on both mornings

The tea and coffee that we had ordered prior to lining up for our breakfast was cold due to the amount of time we had been waiting at the breakfast queue. We were never offered refills and I had to chase a waitress to get some fresh tea/coffee.

Overall we found the breakfast enjoyable and fulfilling, if not a bit disorganised.

We returned to our room to find it had been made up which was really nice.

We enjoyed a day out to the city of Gloucester which was a short and easy drive from the hotel.

Breakfast on the second morning was possibly a bit more organized and there seemed to be less of a queue for the hot food, but there were no glasses for fruit juice and we noticed other diners had to make do with tea cups!

on returning once again our room had been made up, we were requiring more towel, called housekeeping but no answer, called the front desk and our request was sorted asap.

Upon checking out we waited to be seen to by the receptionist who seem uninterested and distracted by the computer, she took our key and mumbled something thing which I had to ask her to repeat, we found this quite unprofessional as well

Overall our weekend here was an enjoyable experience. The staffs were helpful; it is a well placed hotel, with easy access to the city. There were a few negative points with regards to the breakfast and our room which were disappointing but not enough to spoil the stay. It is a good choice of hotel but be prepared for a wait at breakfast and bring your own bottled water as there isn't any supplied in the room!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for my Hen weekend as I wanted a quiet spa experience rather than a rawkus night out. The location is beautiful with fantastic views over the Gloucestershire country side. The staff were friendly but not particularly attentive, we had to keep going to the bar to ask for service and a lot of the time they were standing around talking! The spa was excellent and the treatments good value for money. We had a dinner inclusive package and were very impressed with the food. However, the serving staff let the hotel down again. One of our party had ordered the lamb and naturally asked for mint sauce only to be told "I cant find any in the kitchen" also we asked for bread to accompany our pate and were told we weren't allowed any more than the one slice already on our plates.
The rooms were clean and modern although strangely had single rather than double beds. Breakfast was relaxed and plentiful, and surprisingly enough the staff on breakfast shift were much more attentive.
I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends and collegues. I do think that there needs to be more customer service training done with the waiting staff as I think the hotel is missing a trick there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at The Chase. I'm pleased to hear that we provided a great venue for your Hen Weekend.

It was disappointing to read your comments regarding our levels of customer service and I can assure you that this is certainly not a true reflection of our normally high standards. We have taken your comments on board and will take action where necessary. I hope that you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I trust that your stay with us was otherwise enjoyable and that you may consider returning to the Hotel in the near future.

I do hope that you have a fabulous wedding day and we wish you and your husband to be a long and happy marriage!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I booked this hotel direct and received an excellent weekend deal. We booked 5 rooms for our extended family to attend our son's wedding in Sudely Castle. The weekend rate we had was £135 per room for 2 nights bed and breakfast, with dinner included on the Friday, fantastic value!
Check in was the only disappointment, with only 1 room ready - at 3.30, so it was after the allowed check in time.The receptionist apologised, but it was a bit of a pain, as our parents are elderly (80 - 90 years old!) and needed to rest after our 2 hour car journey.
The hotel is brilliant, with modern large rooms, very comfy beds, with lovely fluffy towels and toiletries in the bathroom.
We were asked to chose our evening meal when we checked in as we were a large party. Even so service was a bit slow, and the restaurant didn't seem too full.The lamb dish I had was not what expected. and I think the menu should be revised, as it is minced lamb, the texture of a burger, when I was expecting slow cooked lamb. Saying that it was tasty, and I ate it, but wouldn't have chosen it had I known.The rest of the meals were very enjoyable.
Breakfast was one of the best we've had, and for that alone the hotel deserves 5 stars!!
Overall, we had a fabulous weekend, and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
J_Sibbald-Wall, General Manager at The Cheltenham Chase Hotel - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a great review!

I am so pleased that you found your stay to be great value and that you would rate the Hotel as 5* on your breakfast experience alone!

I am sorry that one of your rooms was not ready on arrival. We do endeavour to service all rooms well before the check-in time of 3pm so I am sorry that this was not the case in this instance.

I have passed on your comments regarding the lamb dish to our Head Chef and we will look to revise this for the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

For an enjoyable break in the Cotswolds the Cheltenham Chase Hotel is ideally located, and in particular, for the Park and Ride into Cheltenham. The staff were very helpful and the hotel had excellent facilities with a beautiful pool and friendly bar area. The restaurant had a restrictive dinner menu but the manager arranged for the chef to prepare specials for ourselves. The first floor QStar room appeared tired and in need of refurbishment and could have been better located having airconditioning units positioned at ground level outside the window. All in all, one to revisit.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel is quiet but 2nd floor would be quieter if located near A/C units
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback - great to hear that you managed to get out and see some of the surrounding area and I do hope you enjoyed Cheltenham. It is such a lovely regency town with great shopping too!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we hope to see you again soon.