Hats off that this resort is actually run at all odds! It's a wonder how they could build all this while it takes a 35 minute arduous drive to reach there covering 3.5 km. No wired communication or power. It's all out if thin air and diesel. So kudos to the team that runs this. Nature is at its best. You get a perfect warm welcome. Go there to reach after a gripping ride, relax in a nonchalant way, laze around, eat what you get, don't complain for small inconveniences like broken tub in the bathroom, a shower takes minimum twenty minutes since the water pressure is low, etc. (remember, power is generated from diesel gensets) and enjoy your stay there! Go there to be there, enjoy nature, it's quite safe though you are in wilderness. Don't go if you have plans to see places keeping this as base. Take a high suspension vehicle. Does not score high for value-for-money enthusiasts! And before I forget to tell you, be prepared to check out at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Certain things here work on clock work precision, though at times the morning coffee you order may never come! All in all if you want a safe place with decent comforts in the midst of a jungle, and want to enjoy the secluded wilderness, this is a decent option! But you know what, both the price and climb to this place are too steep for what it offers! Good luck folks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rain Country Resorts is Located in the verdant misty hills of Rain Forest at Lakkidi , 17 kms from Kalpetta town.in Wayanad .The Resort is 1300 m above the sea level and It is one of the highest rain fed area in India, Thus it is one of the coolest place in God's Own Country. Rain Country Resorts is spread over 22 acres of land situated in a valley between three hills and surrounded by thick tropical vegetation. The number of cottages is 21 and is restricted in order to preserve the sanctity and serenity of the natural beauty. Rain country Resorts invites you to submerge in the ambience and serenity of its dark woods coupled with music of the natural stream and varied birds. The natural green surroundings and tranquil setting is an idyllic location for the perfect retreat. 60 kms from Calicut Town ie around 1.30 hrs drive. Arrangements for pickup and drop from nearest calicut Airport / Railwaystation will be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Yatra and ClearTrip so you can book your Rain Country Resorts, Lakkidi,Wayanad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rain Country Hotel Kalpetta
- Rain Country Resorts, Lakkidi,Wayanad Kalpetta, Kerala