“Best detox ever”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Kalpetta
“Best detox ever”
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I went to Ayurveda Yoga Villa for three weeks and did the Panchakarma detox. The stay exceeded all of my expectations by far. It is really a hospital but an ayurvedic one, so the vibe is really genuine and close to nature. The staff is very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, and will take good care of you. The treatments are the real deal, so don't come here unless your aim is to really work on your health and overall well being. The doctors are impressively skilled, as well as the treatment staff, yoga teachers, chefs, medicine makers, and many more.
The panchakarma detox is the most hardcore and advanced detox I have ever experienced. Some days were really hard on the body and mind, and the headache started right after I got there as the body started detoxing. But the results of pain disappearing and the increased energy level after a few weeks are very well worth it! Many days I got a special diet but the food was still really amazing all throughout my stay.
The place is religious, since it's Ayurveda done in the proper way, so come with an open mind if you're not familiar with the traditions. There will be some chanting and I found it much more enjoyable after I asked for an english translation of the texts, which they provide upon request.
I find this place incredible and well worth the money. I actually can't believe the amount and quality of the treatments you get for the price. This is the real deal.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled solo
2 Thank Malin E
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2017

I was taken to the mountain retreat by my daughters to improve my health and was lucky to be introduced to animals I had never seen - tree dogs and flying lizards coffee and pepper plantations and' holy ' cows.presented in the most beautiful location - an experience not to be missed.
Ajit and his team were extremely professional and attentive - the massages were incredible,the food made in the ayurvedic method was memorable and the medicine different but actually helps to 'cure the problem.'
Yoga was very specifically geared to help with the individual's specific needs if requested and otherwise very professional.
Whatever the medical problem the staff and doctors were always available at any time of the day and night with constant reassurance and explanations. Food and medicines were taken to one's room when requested or not well enough to join the other guests in the dining room.
I feel the kindness and nurturing by the staff and Doctors was one of the most outstanding things I could recommend about the centre .The accommodation was basic but clean and the outside areas were wonderful to be able to sit in the sun and relax after treatment.I would recommend this holistic approach to those who really want to change their 'life-time' habits and have a healthy existence.

Room Tip: Should you have any illness accessibility to the doctors and treatment is very important .
  • Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
2 Thank kayeivett
Reviewed 25 February 2017

All your personal details are being hightlighted and if
necessary transformed into strength, enthousiasme and joy.
After 29 days I felt stronger, healthier and more connected.
The therapies are nourishing and giving you a complete
feeling of balance.. The meals are delicious and can
compete with an excellent vegetarian restaurant. The service
is so friendly and efficient. The staffmembers are so open.
The whole stay is for me a lifechanging experience.

• Stayed January 2017, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gijs B
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 February 2017

A wonderful experience certain to be renewed. We went to AyruvedaYogaVilla (AYV)because I had surgery a few months ago and wanted to get all the toxins from the operation out of my body. My wife accompanied me to do yoga, rest and go on long walks. Turned out my body was still too weak to do Panchakarma so I did a form of rejuvenation adapted to a liver problem I have had for close to 20 years. Nothing I tried with western medicine or with homeopathic treatments could solve the problem definitively. After one week of treatment at AYV my problem is almost solved; with the follow-up treatment I am doing now I am optimistic I will finally once again have a healthy liver.
The treatments are very good, the doctors really excellent and the overall ambiance very positive. seeing so many people with serious health problems making such good progress is in itself conducive to following the advice regarding healthy food habits and changing my way of life.
Don't expect a wellness resort. This is a serious place for people who want to take care of their health, often people with serious illnesses. Don't expect a hospital either. the rooms are simple but spacious and do not in any way ressemble a hospital room. But when the need arises medical help is available on the spot around the clock with at least one doctor spending the night at the premises.
We loved all the activities that are part of the holistic approach including the fire rituals (pooja) starting off the day and closing it.
I can only highly recommend this place to people open to a different approach to health and willing and able to accept it and undergo it without asking too many questions. Simply because if you do you'll see that it works! It did for me and my wife!

Room Tip: A new place is opening up right next to AYV. It caters to a different, more noisy crowd. Avoid roo...
  • Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
2 Thank auke h
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The staff at Ayurveda Yoga Villa are highly professional! The medicines employed during authentic Ayurvedic practices are made on the spot. Food, cooked according to Ayurvedic principles three times a day, is delicious. The setting is calm and beautiful. I would strongly recommend the place to anybody wishing to make a splendid investment in their health.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
23.4 km away
12.1 km away
Hiliya Resort
Hiliya Resort
#2 of 3 in Kenichira

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK