Ayurveda Yoga Villa
US$ 90
Wayanad Wind Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$ 49
US$ 69
US$ 59
  • Breakfast included
Planet Green Plantation Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 69
  • Breakfast included
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
US$ 66
US$ 186
US$ 165
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholistic approachlife changingfour weeksthe kitchen staffhealing processpancha karmadoctors and therapistswestern medicinemountain retreatudayagiri retreatweight lossmartial artstreatment roomsfeeling amazingan open mindhealth problemseveryday life
Reviewed 28 February 2017

I was taken to the mountain retreat by my daughters to improve my health and was lucky to be introduced to animals I had never seen - tree dogs and flying lizards coffee and pepper plantations and' holy ' cows.presented in the most beautiful location - an experience not to be missed.
Ajit and his team were extremely professional and attentive - the massages were incredible,the food made in the ayurvedic method was memorable and the medicine different but actually helps to 'cure the problem.'
Yoga was very specifically geared to help with the individual's specific needs if requested and otherwise very professional.
Whatever the medical problem the staff and doctors were always available at any time of the day and night with constant reassurance and explanations. Food and medicines were taken to one's room when requested or not well enough to join the other guests in the dining room.
I feel the kindness and nurturing by the staff and Doctors was one of the most outstanding things I could recommend about the centre .The accommodation was basic but clean and the outside areas were wonderful to be able to sit in the sun and relax after treatment.I would recommend this holistic approach to those who really want to change their 'life-time' habits and have a healthy existence.

Room Tip: Should you have any illness accessibility to the doctors and treatment is very important .
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank kayeivett
Reviewed 25 February 2017

All your personal details are being hightlighted and if
necessary transformed into strength, enthousiasme and joy.
After 29 days I felt stronger, healthier and more connected.
The therapies are nourishing and giving you a complete
feeling of balance.. The meals are delicious and can
compete with an excellent vegetarian restaurant. The service
is so friendly and efficient. The staffmembers are so open.
The whole stay is for me a lifechanging experience.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gijs B
Reviewed 20 February 2017

A wonderful experience certain to be renewed. We went to AyruvedaYogaVilla (AYV)because I had surgery a few months ago and wanted to get all the toxins from the operation out of my body. My wife accompanied me to do yoga, rest and go on long walks. Turned out my body was still too weak to do Panchakarma so I did a form of rejuvenation adapted to a liver problem I have had for close to 20 years. Nothing I tried with western medicine or with homeopathic treatments could solve the problem definitively. After one week of treatment at AYV my problem is almost solved; with the follow-up treatment I am doing now I am optimistic I will finally once again have a healthy liver.
The treatments are very good, the doctors really excellent and the overall ambiance very positive. seeing so many people with serious health problems making such good progress is in itself conducive to following the advice regarding healthy food habits and changing my way of life.
Don't expect a wellness resort. This is a serious place for people who want to take care of their health, often people with serious illnesses. Don't expect a hospital either. the rooms are simple but spacious and do not in any way ressemble a hospital room. But when the need arises medical help is available on the spot around the clock with at least one doctor spending the night at the premises.
We loved all the activities that are part of the holistic approach including the fire rituals (pooja) starting off the day and closing it.
I can only highly recommend this place to people open to a different approach to health and willing and able to accept it and undergo it without asking too many questions. Simply because if you do you'll see that it works! It did for me and my wife!

Room Tip: A new place is opening up right next to AYV. It caters to a different, more noisy crowd. Avoid rooms on that side.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank auke h
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The staff at Ayurveda Yoga Villa are highly professional! The medicines employed during authentic Ayurvedic practices are made on the spot. Food, cooked according to Ayurvedic principles three times a day, is delicious. The setting is calm and beautiful. I would strongly recommend the place to anybody wishing to make a splendid investment in their health.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I stayed at Ayurveda Yoga Villa for the 3rd time within 2 years. I arrived at the beginning of November and stayed for a month.
If you want to come back to perfect health, this is the place for you to choose. It is not just a Retreat centre, it is a place where your health is taken seriously on all levels, on the physical mental/emotional and spiritual levels.
I was told more than 5 years ago, that a hip replacement was inevitable and doctors in England could only suggest more and more pain medication. Now all these years later I am almost pain-free and movement range is almost back to normal. My advice for all people who read this review and who have hip problems is "go to this Ayurvedic centre and work with the doctors and therapists there, your condition will improve." It is where I was taught to take my body seriously in all aspects. It matters what you eat, how you eat, and how you nourish yourself on all levels. I learned how to adjust my lifestyle to what is needed to become healthy, to stay healthy and to prepare for a healthy older age period of my life. All doctors are excellent and work tirelessly to help people, to teach them how to help themselves. Accommodation is simple but very clean.... on my return home I simplified all my belongings, as I realized just how everything I had was weighing me down. I want to thank everyone from the doctors, to therapists, to pharmacists, to cooks (food is excellent) to people who tend to the administration, to the garden, to the cleaning. You put my life into perspective and you have given me back my health.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Front Garden Cottages, but back cottages are just as good, perhaps a little less light
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends