“A most rejuvenating stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Witten, Germany
“A most rejuvenating stay!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I went to Ayurveda Yoga Village having no particular expextations besides just having a relaxing time. But then I got far more than that... exceeding my expectations by far. Just being with lovable and caring staff was a blessing in itself. Everyone understood the art of making each and every guest feel very special. And that was real chicken soup for the soul.
The medical treatment meant wonders as well. I felt well taken care of and my needs taken more than serious. (and I do have a serious auto-immune system disease).
All in all there was an atmosphere of a big family, even with the other guests. And that could only happen due to the way the place is managed and run. Best time ever I had in India.
A wonderful place with wonderful and special people.
And even though the accomodation is simple, it is very cozy and extremely comfortable.
It was hard for me to leave... I will be back!
Thanks to all of you at Ayurveda Yoga Village!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank sayang2502
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have just returned from spending a few days here, and I was very sad to leave. I had heard a lot about this center before I went there and the trip proved very valuable to me. It is quite hard to write about such a special place!! What to say...

Firstly, the atmosphere and ambience there was really special. The facilities were good and the treatment given was excellent. The daily yoga practice and pure ayurvedic life style relaxed my mind and body. Next, the food served was fabulous, mostly organic and sourced locally or from the resort itself. I enjoyed the vegetarian food at the terrace. The entire team and staffs were dedicated and helpful. Everyone was caring and attentive, always wanting to please and will say yes to everything. I appreciate the service and felt cared for. The river is great for swimming and relaxing, and the water is pure and just the right temperature! It's also a great place to see the local Indian families playing and washing. The doctors were very skilled and you get your treatment and medicine after your needs and the same with your yoga. All the herbs they need are growing and prepared at the place. There is so much to say on ayurveda yoga villa. I feel this was one of my best decisions in life.

Shortly, I can say the Ayurveda Yoga Villa is a very spiritual place, a very special place in the world and if you are lucky enough to go there it will stay with you forever. I'll be going back for more, that's for sure.

Room Tip: Choose one that is facing the river
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank aanija
Helsinki
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I must say, a visit to the Ayurveda Yoga Villa Resort was the highlight of my trip to India. The accommodations and location were ideal. Me and my wife spent time just hanging around the resort and taking advantage of all of the amenities which it had to offer. We started to unwind by making hands-on at Kaleri and lounging around the yoga hall and ayurvedic treatment areas. In the mean time we could see some wild animals crossing the river without making any harm to the habitation. It was amazing to see the sophisticated interaction between humans and animals! Moreover the entire area was well secured.

The resort by itself is very environment-friendly and it's staffs are guest-friendly. They are dedicated to serve guests and to ensure cleanliness. There are many surrounding areas to keep one busy whole day. The rich heritage of Ayurveda Yoga Villa Resort with it's traditional Kerala elegance and quiet charm is speechless. Named for the yoga combined with ayurvedic treatment, the resort immerses one in relaxation and sanctity. The resort is a riverside resort featuring traditional Indian architecture and great activities like Kaleri, Yoga, ayurvedic treatments with the medicines made by the resort's own ayurvedic pharmacy. The resort's traditional combined with modern ambience offers peace and calmness, and the location is perfect right in the heart of one of the country's most popular vacation spots. Local attractions include Kuruva Dweep or island, Edakkal caves, Muthunga Wildlife Sanctuary, Meenmutty waterfalls and much more.

The place was breathtaking with beautiful river touching the resort. Warm breezes from the Kuruva island awakens one's mind and soul. The units of the resort are wonderful with lots of space to relax in. Overall the resort is very clean, very well maintained, lots of areas for relaxation. In short a great escape from the busy life. It was an amazing time with family. The entire arrangements were good and the personnel really brought life to the yoga villa! We enjoyed every moment in Ayurveda Yoga Villa. In one sentence I say 'The sun warmed the heart, the water got the body moving and the breeze soothed the soul'. This resort really gives a great opportunity to go back in time, to being a yogi again! We had a very memorable time which we will never forget and we still talk about it even today. Thank you for making the arrangements for the stay.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the river. The view and breezes really calm you.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank aaranHelsinki
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Place from fairy tale. Every day I couldn't believe that it happens with me. Team of Ayurvedayogavilla have made everything for my happiness there. 1,5-3 hours per day massage with 4 hands, shower with special herbs, oil applications, amazing food, correct youga moning and evening  and tantric fire ceremonies at the beginning and at the end of a day. I envy myself because of luck to be there.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank Maria S
Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was searching for a 3 days yoga training in the french Alps and I ended it up in Kerala for 2 weeks!
I organized my trip in 10 days and I didn't really know where I was heading to!
From the first minute I knew I was at the right place.
All the team is here for you. It's a quiet place with serious body and health treatment. I insist on serious because I have been to a lot of thermal places 5 stars or less and what I noticed at Ayurveda Yoga Villa is that the focus is on real medical Ayurveda treatment with doctors that sees you every day. Yoga courses twice a day, ayurveda cooking, medecine and body tratment. In 2 weeks time my insomnia and my arthrisis were cured. It's now more than a month that I came back and the improvement are still going on.
I follow what they told me to and trully my life is much better and much more confortable. My aim, is to go there every year. Hope I'll be able to do it!

Room Tip: the one near the river!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Serraggia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
24.1 km away
25.0 km away
Le Villagio Holiday Apartments
Le Villagio Holiday Apartments
#2 of 7 in Sultan Bathery

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK