“5 weeks of magic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ayurveda Yoga Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kalpetta
“5 weeks of magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Place from fairy tale. Every day I couldn't believe that it happens with me. Team of Ayurvedayogavilla have made everything for my happiness there. 1,5-3 hours per day massage with 4 hands, shower with special herbs, oil applications, amazing food, correct youga moning and evening  and tantric fire ceremonies at the beginning and at the end of a day. I envy myself because of luck to be there.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank Maria S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was searching for a 3 days yoga training in the french Alps and I ended it up in Kerala for 2 weeks!
I organized my trip in 10 days and I didn't really know where I was heading to!
From the first minute I knew I was at the right place.
All the team is here for you. It's a quiet place with serious body and health treatment. I insist on serious because I have been to a lot of thermal places 5 stars or less and what I noticed at Ayurveda Yoga Villa is that the focus is on real medical Ayurveda treatment with doctors that sees you every day. Yoga courses twice a day, ayurveda cooking, medecine and body tratment. In 2 weeks time my insomnia and my arthrisis were cured. It's now more than a month that I came back and the improvement are still going on.
I follow what they told me to and trully my life is much better and much more confortable. My aim, is to go there every year. Hope I'll be able to do it!

Room Tip: the one near the river!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Serraggia
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I spent a month at AYV in June, choosing the monsoon package which includes 3 hours of treatment instead of the usual 1 hour. I knew I wanted to do the panchakarma detox before I arrived and had been considering going to a yoga ashram in Kerala that I had been to a couple of times before. However, I opted for AYV as I wanted a more personal experience, rather than being one in a crowd of a hundred and AYV did not disappoint. Monsoon period is typically quieter than the rest of the year, although there were a couple of weeks in June where there were at least 20 people there. The atmosphere when quiet is very different to when there are a number of people residing, so if it is important for you to have some solitude, you might want to consider the hill top location as an alternative which is much more secluded and is ideal for meditation. It’s about 25 km from the main villa but I was lucky enough to be able to visit it along with the owner Ajith who kindly took me there. Being monsoon season meant it was much cooler than other times of the year which was very nice, however, the mosquitoes were out in force so bring plenty of repellent.

I went with a pinched nerve in my neck, and was in desperate need of some de-stressing. After a month in the AYV, I was much more relaxed, with fewer aches and pains. The doctors were great and would take the time to listen to any concerns and to explain any treatments that they prescribed. The treatment girls are fantastic – very professional and kind and always looking out to ensure you get the best possible treatment to suit your needs. The staff at AYV will do their utmost to address any issues you may have and will adapt rooms/meals/treatments to suit your preferences. I particularly enjoyed the daily poojas and the twice weekly bajan (chanting) sessions which became more and more meaningful as the month progressed.

Do your research about panchakarma before you go as it can be tough at times, especially the first week when you are not allowed to do any activities and drink ghee and eat nothing but rice water soup! The week drags, I warn you – take plenty of books to read!

Organisation and communication could at times be improved but I found that the longer I was at the villa, the less this bothered me and by the time my month was over, I was feeling very sad at the thought of having to leave. Will def plan to come back again, and would again choose the monsoon period.

Room Tip: Number 10/saraswati room is a river front cottage and is very peaceful as it is at the end of a row...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
16 Thank KAWJuba
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Let's say that I know a bit about Ayurveda & have gone to quite a few retreats. If you are wondering whether this could be the right place for you in terms of; authenticity, knowledge of the staff, kindness of the staff, understanding of the staff, organization as a whole, the food, the treatments, the location – and most importantly the care & love of every single of them – then don’t look any further – Ayurveda Yoga Villa is the place for you. When I left I completely unexpectedly cried for about 2 hours, because they all touched my heart so much. All of it was real, you can’t do more real than that and you want a real Ayurveda experience to let go of the past and embrace the future by being in the present. I am planning to return next year. Try it and see for yourself! If you are committed it is guaranteed to change your life for the better! It has mine :-) :-) :-) :-):-):-):-):-) Sonia

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank SoniaDevi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I did 21 days of Panchakarma and 10 days of Rejuvenation at Ayurveda Yoga Villa in February to March 2012. I found it to be an incredible experience, it felt as if the process removed a huge amount of long-held-onto emotional and physical toxins from deep inside of me. I felt quite a strong personal transformation, and learnt a lot about myself, yoga, and meditation.
The staff are all incredibly caring and heartfelt, particularly the yoga teacher Shakti, and Dr Suhas. Such a nurturing and loving environment is a rarity. There is a lot of personal attention, and spiritual and lifestyle guidance.
The countryside location is very peaceful, and you can walk and meditate beside the river.
I would recommend that if you are doing the Panchakarma, to try and fit in some time to do the Rejuvenation phase afterwards, as that was when I personally felt a huge amount of happiness, lightness and positivity.

• Stayed February 2012
6 Thank tigertiger9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
24.1 km away
Petals Resorts Wayanad
#5 of 19 in Kalpetta
29.6 km away
Coffea Aroma Resort - Wayanad

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK