This was our first Spa experience and unfortunately it did not live up to expectations. Although the location was breathtaking and the food was lovely, sadly the rooms were no better than a budget hotel. I am assuming that the 4* status is based on the location and the Spa facility as opposed to the accommodation? The first thing we noticed when we opened the room door (126) was a bleach stain on the carpet. The further into the room we went, the more stains on the carpet became apparent along with a 'stray' cashew nut in the middle of the floor!? The bathroom, although clean, had a funny damp smell. Yes - there was tea and coffee making facilties for two (although only one packet of biscuits) and yes there was an ironing board and this may be all that needs to be done to achieve a 4* rating, however the room just seemed generally tired, dirty and basic.
We felt that the swimming pool area was relatively small, especially between 3pm - 6pm which is 'kids time' but also coincides with 'check - in', so was naturally the time that we wanted to go to the Spa (when we arrived). A female employee could be found regularly taking a member of the public's dirty towel from the 'used towel bin' and cleaning/drying the floor area with it by dragging her foot on top of it around the floor!
In comparison, the evening meal was lovely and the treatments I received in the Spa were fantastic.
We clearly made the wrong choice of venue for this Birthday treat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park South Cerney, Cotswolds