Review Highlights
Wonderful spa treat

Visited the spa with friends for afternoon tea and spa treatments what a great experience from the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Shirley W
Belfast, United Kingdom
via mobile
Best Brownie ever

Called in to this beautiful tea room for coffee with my husband. The decor is lovely and the two... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Bingo369
Ballyclare, United Kingdom

All reviews the cottages my mum pool area massage and facial steam room beautiful location made us feel next morning looking forward relaxation room tea room afternoon tea finer details my birthday side by side relaxation area pure bliss
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I spent a night here for my birthday in one of the cottages. It was absolutely wonderful ! The cottage had absolutely everything you could possibly need, full kitchen contents, all we needed was the food. They had provided sugar, tea and coffee, there was also a loaf of bread and butter etc which was lovely! I found the only thing I needed was shower gel.
Two robes and slippers were also provided. My partner had also planned a surprise cake etc for my birthday and apparently staff helped him with rose petals in the cottage which was very nice! I spent a lot of time in the pool on the evening and in the morning before we left, such beautiful surroundings. There was a steam room also. My partner also paid for a massage for me which was absolutely wonderful and a proper one at that! The cottage contained all local information about attractions, taxis and local take outs. It was very quiet and peaceful and you’re left to your own devices. All in all it was a fantastic stay, thank you to everyone !

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Dunamoy with my daughter as part of my Christmas present had an amazing time enjoyed every part of it.The staff were very pleasant could not fault them there service . Also had afternoon tea as part of are package and it was very enjoyable,The ladies working in the tea rooms made us very welcome So thank you to the 2 Debbie’s

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Spent 24 hours at the spa. Stayed in one of the cottages the night before. Very well appointed and 2 decent bedrooms. Full use of the pool, steam room and relaxing loungers. The view was fab and lovely blue skies helped. It was freezing outside but warm in!
Had a lovely breakfast in the tea rooms and then onto treatments. Both excellent and great value for money.
Overall the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough. Would definitely recommend it

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

From the minute me and my mum stepped into the spa we where greeted by friendly and helpful staff. We both got treatments which were fabulous very relaxing. We got full use of pool and steam room which was lovely i would recommend this spa to anyone looking a relaxing day away

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Dunamoy Spa for treatments that were part of a Christmas present. We would drive by Dunamoy frequently and had only ever heard good reports so were looking forward to our visit.

It has a lovely rural setting just outside Ballyclare. The windows in the pool area look over the fields. There is ample parking.

Whilst overall we enjoyed our outing the spa didn't live up to expectations. I had a facial. The room was as expected quite dark. I was happy to let the therapist decide what facial to do depending on my skin. She said she couldn't work out how to lower the bed and that she would ask someone else how to adjust the bed so she could get a better look at my skin. She left the room and came back a few minutes later. There was no mention or adjustment of the bed or any assessment of my skin she just started the treatment. The treatment was just ok. The scalp massage part of the treatment was poor. My hair was just being moved around my head. There was no pressure. My partner enjoyed his treatments. In fairness the treatments are very reasonably priced compared to most spas.

What really let this place down for me was the general maintenance and upkeep. Attention to fine detail is lacking. The ladies changing room was cold, one of the toilet seats was broken, there was a lot of mildew around the shower cubicles and paint peeling of the ceiling/walls. In the shampoo dispenser in the shower cubicle a new type of shampoo had been tipped in without cleaning the remnants of the previous out. The hairdryer only had one slow setting working. The scented reed diffusers had dried up with no scent.

The relaxation area looks over the beautiful country but there is a load of old tat lying just below the windows. Looks like it has been lying there for years. Again there is mould around the windows in the relaxation area and paint peeling above the pool. The steam room wasn't working on our visit. We appreciate these things can happen and when we mentioned it on leaving the deputy manager did apologize.

Overall this place has a lot of potential but unfortunately I don't think I will be back. I have posted some photos so decide for yourselves.

1  Thank Holidaydiane
analace13, Guest Relations Manager at The Spa Dunamoy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear Holiday Diane. Thank you for taking the time to explain your views, we appreciate all honest reviews, and loved to hear how you enjoyed the rural setting, parking, and the reasonable priced elemis spa. Our spa team are of course disappointed at your focus and indeed on your title of review. I will attempt to answer some of your comments below.

Your Spa Treatments: I am very glad to hear your partner enjoyed his treatments and also appreciate your comments on the value Dunamoy gives to its clients. The Elemis facial treatments are skin specific and our repeat clients love the ritual our professional therapist provide. As I am sure you are aware the pressure of any massage is highly dependent upon personal expectations but our therapist do discuss the pressure during the treatment with the client. We have reiterated this to the spa team.
Our treatment rooms are intentionally dimmed with lighting along with candle light to give a relaxing ambience. Our team would have gladly turned the lighting up if you didn't enjoy this.

We totally agree that the changing rooms were in need of a repaint which was carried out 3 days after your visit, we refresh/repaint our business throughout a min of twice a year, usually Jan/Feb and Sept/Oct so your visit was at the end of one of our cycles. The constant high humidity in a spa requires constant attention from our housekeeping team, but I have asked them to take more care and also when filling the complimentary shampoo and body wash. The spa manager is also monitoring this in full. The hairdryer was checked upon your review and was found to be in full working condition, as was the steam room which due to our green policy has a steam on demand function, the sign directs you to press a button for steam, and the manager has told us that she did explain this to you and was sorry you hadn't benefited from this.

In relation to the small exterior corner with building materials, as the signage in the spa explains, we are currently building our next phase which is an outdoor area with large patio area, hot outdoor Dutch Jacuzzi tubs and walkways to pond and gardens for relaxation. This started in Autumn but the weather has held our contractors back. We do hope to have this completed once outdoor working conditions return. Our next phase will include more guest rooms along with our bespoke wellbeing centre. I am very sorry this experience has put you off but hope you will return in the near future and will review the positive aspects of your visit. Thank you again for taking the time to review, it is great to hear how we can constantly improve and make Dunamoy even better.