All reviews lighthouse restaurant watching the boats one night stay the usual amenities lovely pool room balcony clean rooms pool area close proximity complimentary breakfast local dishes hotel staff buffet style checking in breakfast potatoes marina view compound
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The service was great and. The rooms were clean. I talked to the manger was good. I also talked to the head housekeeper she said that she was glad that I enjoyed my stay. The only bad thing was that the coffee was 50 Cents.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently with some girlfriends and we had an amazing time. All staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was more than sufficient for our needs. The only negative was that drying clothing was difficult as there are insufficient towel ranks or drying racks. Hotel management prohibits drying article of clothing on balconies (which we agreed was "tacky") yet didn't provide any alternatives.
The pool was one of the best parts of our stay. Umbrellas for the loungers would have been perfect.
The meal offered was tasty but if you are staying for a week or more it may be repetitive as many dishes were offered each day with approximately only 2 switches of items offered.
Despite the highlighted "negatives" all of us will definitely return

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Over a month ago I was bogged down with assignments from my degree and decided I needed a staycation within very close proximity to where I live and work. Crews Inn Hotel and Yachting Centre was the choice as I knew they'd recently updated their rooms and I was yet to have that experience.

Hubby booked us two nights inclusive of breakfast at the Lighthouse Restaurant and off we went from Friday evening. We had dinner at the nearby Sails Restaurant (look out for another review soon) that night and dinner at Lighthouse the night after. Our room was a family room, even though it was just the two of us, so there was ample space for both of us to relax and enjoy our rest weekend. Check-in was a breeze and the cleanliness and neatness of the room was top of the line!

Our room had a view overlooking the pool and the marina, so at night I was able to come out and enjoy the tranquility that surrounds the entire place.

Food at the Lighthouse Restaurant (on the compound) was delicious and although the service was a little rocky one morning, this did not hamper our enjoyment.

This compound also houses a small supermarket and a cafe (Caffe del marre), the latter of which served the most delightful baked goodies!

Sorry this review was not cohesive but I just remembered that I'd promised myself to do a review of this place and hadn't yet... so doing it now!

If you're in Trinidad and looking for a quiet, peaceful and even romantic getaway, Crews Inn is the place to go!!

Room Tip: Upper floors get a really good view of the marina!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Sadly, our fourth time at Crews Inn with our largest group turned out to be less than encouraging. We rented five rooms in all for what was to be a wonderful family Easter weekend filled with joy for the kids (9 of them).
It starts with getting there on Friday 45 mins before check in and not even being allowed to enter the hotel car park. Two sets of our other relatives had to wait 45 mins past check in time as their rooms were not ready. We were also required to wear florescent wristbands for the weekend to identify ourselves as guests although I noticed many other guests were not required to do so.

My wife's uncle and I decided to try a little night fishing in a quiet corner of the jetty away from everyone. No fish and three security officers later, we gave up. My wife and her cousins husband were chilling in the pool, the other family members seated nearby. Another security officer told them that the pool was closed at 10 so they had to get out, which they did. While conversing with the less than pleasant front desk staff I asked the question "We can't fish, the pool is closed, it's Friday night on a long weekend, what do you expect us to do?" A third, less than pleasant staff member who had just arrived says with no hesitation "sleep!". I am compelled at this time to point out that the three security officers who informed us of the no fishing policy were far more pleasant then the front desk staff. Hats off to Crews Inn security. They are true professionals.

The night goes on......My nieces who both have long hair asked me for a blow dryer so they could prep for bed as per front staff instructions. I told them there should be one in the room and even helped them look for a non existent hair dryer. So, I told them to go ask the front desk, should be no problem. Front desk says "do you not have adults staying in the other rooms". They said "yes we do". Front desk says "go ask the others for a hair dryer". Now my wife goes to the front desk and they say she can have a dryer tomorrow. Of course, she then points out the amenities listed on the website and the fact that we paid in full and as such, should be entitled to the advertised conveniences. She got a dryer in about two minutes.

Breakfast Saturday morning......sad.... cold...lots of stuff finished and not being re-stocked in time. One poor lady could not even get a plate. She had to wait for them to bring more in.

Could only connect to their internet via phone. Laptops and tablets failed to connect for some reason.

Breakfast Sunday morning.....my mother in law and her table are told that they stayed too long on Friday and that they leave as soon as they are finished......interesting.......was supposed to be buffet.

Anyway, checked out Sunday. Will not be back anytime soon. Beware travelers!!!

We had three pleasant Crews Inn experiences in the past two years, but the fourth really sucked! I don't know if it's a change in management or just management practices but we felt like less than welcome customers throughout. Stay at your own risk!

Point to note:- Do NOT park under the tree at the right end of the car park. See pic attached.

Room Tip: Ask for Kimberly. She is quite helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Valentine L
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We took a 1 bedroom for my family of 4, which was more than adequate. Room was clean and spacious with the usual amenities. Our stay was enjoyable, most of the front desk staff were pleasant and helpful

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family