Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

To be clear, the Christine mentioned in previous reviews no longer has anything to do with this property. It's now run by Gordon (who lives in the cottage's annex) on behalf of the owner who lives overseas.
I stayed here for 3 nights last week.
Gordon was helpful, friendly and efficient throughout my stay. There are no restaurants nearby so Gordon cooked dinner for me a couple of nights at a cost of £13 per main course and which included a free drink and ice cream.
Breakfast is OK, I had a daily full english. Ask Gordon if you want something else.
He also gave me a lift to near the best starting point for a Cuillins trek as he was heading to Broadford for supplies. I joined him in watching the French Open tennis on TV with a couple of other guests one evening in the dining room / lounge and we all had a good chat.
He supplies a torch to visit nearby Spar Cave and an umbrella when required.
The cottage is very clean.
The views from the rooms are splendid.
A bus can take you all the way to the cottage for approx £7 from Kyle of Lochalsh or £10 from Portree (change bus at Broadford)

I had the ground floor room with ensuite bathroom at £125 per night for bed and breakfast. You can get a discount by booking on the property's website. I felt that despite enjoying my stay the price was a bit expensive overall, perhaps overpriced by approx £35 per night as the rate is a 3* hotel rate.
My only other negative is that if there are two couples staying in the two rooms upstairs that don't have ensuites, there is a fair bit of coming and going from their shared bathroom that you hear as it's an old house with little sound insulation. However, out there it's generally quiet after 11pm as everyone is in bed by then.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MigsEarWigs
Reviewed 30 May 2021

Rowan Cottage is located on a vey peacefull part of Skye, the views out to the Sleat Peninsula and into the mountains on the mainland only broken by a passing yacht on Loch Eishort below. We were made to feel very welcome, food was lovely, comfortable room, everything you could need for your stay, lovely porch to sit and watch the world go by - slowly. Enjoyed our brief stay and will be definitely be staying again.

Room tip: All rooms have excellent views
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 24 September 2019

Our family party of 5 took over all of the rooms at Rowan Cottage. Christine looked after us very well. We had dinner as well as breakfast at the cottage - our meals were delicious. The rooms are very comfortable. A great stay!

Room tip: Loch facing rooms are the best
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 3 August 2019 via mobile

The best part of this visit was our delightful host Christine. She is an outstanding cook and I am still dreaming about the delicious and generous meals. The breakfast was unforgettable with fresh fruit, creamy yogurt, croissants, a selection of cheeses, home baked scones, porridge with real maple syrup and then a full Scottish breakfast. Our evening meal was a gourmet menu and we left with several handwritten recipes that we will attempt to replicate at home. We also enjoyed chatting with fellow guests.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a family wedding to Loch Coruisk so it was perfect location for the Elgol harbour. It was a whirlwind trip, but my time at the cottage was lovely. Friendly couple who couldn’t do enough for you, clean and tidy and the most loveliest breakfast I’ve had at a B&B. The Scramble egg was the best I’ve ever tasted. On our last morning we had to leave early so we woke up to breakfast rolls that we could take on our journey. I wish I had stayed for dinner now and if I went again I definitely would as I can see previous positive reviews.
Can’t recommend Rowan cottage enough. Please be aware though that it’s a 40 min journey to the nearest shop and pub but what a beautiful journey it is!

Date of stay: July 2019