Stayed with gf in April 2012. This hotel is not cheap, but worth every single dollar.
Stunning beach/bay area. Fills up with day tourists between 11am-3pm, bay gets full of boats, but that's the time you should avoid direct sunshine (and the beach) anyways.
Theres only a few bungalows, another small resort and a horse-riding ranch on the island, not much more. Check out Siam beach behing the hotel during high-tide and you find a pristine beach with almost no tourist (or people) at all...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles south of Phuket on Racha Yai island, The Racha is Thailand's premier deluxe island hideaway. Set on a pristine white-powdery beach and surrounded by the dazzling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, this five star resort features 70 stylish villas offering the ultimate in luxurious comfort, from private pool villas with underwater music, to a very unique 5-storey Lighthouse Pool Villa with an observation deck offering panoramic views around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Prestigia and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket