How great it was to return back once again to the racha!This was our fifth stay and we were not dissapointed,the racha is The Place to truly unwind and re-charge your batteries(mind,body and spirit)How nice it is to wake in the mornings and sit on your private villa terrace with a coffee looking out at the peacefull and serene Batok bay.We stayed in room 309,(deluxe villa very nice) and with a fantastic all round view, the villa's are as they say (deluxe)each night when your bed is turned down there is a very nice token gift ,the wooden elephants are very sweet and are a lovely reminder of your stay at the racha after your return home,along with a different verse card (every night).
What better way than to start the day snorkelling in the perfect clear water's(the fish are amazing) followed by a gentle stroll along the beach before breakfast.Yes there are several boat trippers between the hour's of (10 am and 3 pm) every day but we remember that 5year's ago we too were one of those day tripper's, fell in love with the island, vowed to return and are now hooked on the place, personally we find these day visitors can make good (people watching). If you wish to escape from this for a few hour's there is the lovely garden pool area to relax in for a peaceful afternoon, but please remember that before they come and after they depart you have this wonderfull island paradise all to yourself,and how nice to sit in the lobby bar with a cocktail to watch the sun go down in the evening.
The manager's cocktail party is a( must do)where you get to meet Gerard the Gm (what a guy) also Bandid(a truly all round nice bloke) and the rest of the managment team,along with some great canape's curtious of Mark the head chef washed down with a glass or two of wine , so if you do have any issue's these are the people to talk too to put thing's right, they do there upmost to make your stay a truly wonderful experience. It is also very nice to meet other guests from around the world to! we have met some lovely people over the years and still remian good freinds.
So keep up the great work you do Gerard and the team and we hope to see you next year (or before if we win the lotto let's hope)
.Mr&Mrs T Cook Lincolnshire England.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the world’s most stunning destinations can be found 12 nautical miles south of Phuket, on the Andaman island of Racha Yai. An expansive white-sand crescent bay with azure waters creates the postcard-perfect backdrop for the five-star luxury island resort, The Racha. With eco-chic luxury living, guests choose to ‘get-way from-it-all’ without taking anything away from the environment. Experience the exquisite Racha resort – a sanctuary for mind, body and spirit. Spread over 20 acres of verdant tropical grounds and built in low-rise harmony with the environment, 85 villas of eight category types provide for every creature comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Prestigia and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket