“Beautiful, serene, restful,romantic and Zen Property”

The Pavilions Phuket
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 19 November 2011

A wonderful place to get over jet lag and enjoy the wonderful location and spa treatments.A beautiful comtemporary Hotel very Zen. Our room had a gorgeous pool and spa room attached. The food was delicious. They have a great mountain top bar with which to watch the sunset. Although I went with my sister and we had a blast, it definitely is more of a place you would go with your lover, husband, partner whatever. It was very quiet, we felt like we were the only ones around. It was a great way to rest up, be totally pampered and get ready for our three weeeks in thailand. We didnt want to leave the property we were so comfortable and taken care of..has great wi-fi if you want to be connected to outside world!

The service was fantastic, everyone very nice. They can take you to a nice secluded beach or will arrange any excursion you would like to the outer islands. It you are a romantic and want a place to be with that special person in your life definitely visit The Pavillions!

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank luvtotravel1234
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Pavilions Phuket

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Simply amazing.

The Location is rather ideal. resting atop its own perch, a feeling of seclusion from the pace of Phuket while still close enough for a courtesy, super cool "beach mobile" shuttle to your private stretch of sand in the cove.

The grounds are just right: a suave blend of contemporary design without losing the South East Asia feel. I felt nourished by all the attention to detail.

The Villas are ridiculous! You get your own private pool, cabana and hang out area all overlooking the lush valley. The rooms are appropriately sized with an over-sized couch - perfect for calling it in for the night with a complimentary movie from the store - and a separate sleeping area so as not to stagnate the air.

A quick call to the front desk and a buggy picks you up in minutes, and the whole experience was extremely thoughtful. The evening turndown treats were a favorite. while the restaurant is so good it will make you not want to venture out for meals. *Fish tacos were strangely delicious

Finally, the 360 bar from the top of the mountain. They perform specialty martinis up there that we didnt take advantage of. We went up there on our last night and had so much fun with the chill atmosphere that we kicked ourselves for not imbibing more. Its a neat addition, as well, that this bar is open to the public. So, its not just the people staying there - which adds a healthy energy. *If you are a spice guy/gal, you gotta get the one they make with cucumber and indigenous chile!*

> The only thing that couldve been better = the beach was super dirty. While beautiful, while walking along it, there was garbage galore. It seemed as if some of the other "private beaches" we're more kept up in this regard. Perhaps its worth a suggestion <

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoom, it was so beautiful. We loved our pool, bathroom was beautiful. Everyday they left us a little gift on our pillow. Breakfast was always yum. I guess the worst thing was its a good 25 mins into town.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vikkim340
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have just returned from the pavilions and are saddened to see such a negative review writen by Kmied.This hotel and the management without doubt are first class,they will go out of there way to make sure your stay is as carefree as possible nothing is too much trouble.We stayed in the pavilions penthouse and although the weather was a little unkind we enjoyed the room, the privacy, and the restaurants also the no children policy.The Pavilions will be our first choice next time we visit Phuket.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keith C
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I live in Bangkok with my family and I have been travelling to the best hotels in Thailand as well as the best hotels in many different countries as my husband and I enjoy a lot the 5stars hotels.
With the flood problem in Thailand that is now treathening Bangkok, we received as advice from the government and ambassies to leave for an exceptionnal extended week end offered by the authorities.
The decision to leave came very quickly and my husband and I pretty much booked the whole trip in less than a hour in the evening. The following morning I was flying to Phuket.
When I arrived at the Pavillions, I have been first shocked by the rude welcome. The only word I got from the receptionnist is they don't accept kids so she asked for my hotel voucher and leave me alone with my kids on the driveway.... After few minutes I asked how come I am not even invited to come and sit in the lobby as nobody seemed to care about us. Nobody was talking to me so I asked to talk to the hotel manager. The manager  was not even sorry for us and just explained me my mistake for booking in a hotel that does not welcome kids. I told him we did not see this information when booking online if not of course we will have booked elsewhere !!!! I told him we enquire about a baby crib to be set up in our room so how come nobody get back to us about this no kids policy ? He had no explanations and invited me to look for an other hotel. It was lunch time, my kids were hungry and he did not allow me to access the restaurant nor offer me some time to look for a alternate option in the hotel business centre. With my only phone in hand it was quite hard to find quickly something. I asked him if I could at least stay 1 night to be able to find an other hotel which he refused... I told him then I will need help for the transfer to a new hotel but after saying yes he disepeared and did not organise anything for me. The transfer to my new hotel was of course for me to pay again... I did not get anything to apologize for flying all the way from Bangkok with my 2 child and nanny because of a flood treathening my house and being kick out without any consideration and help after pre-paying nearly 60,000 bath for 5 nights !!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank KMIED
gmphuket, Directeur général at The Pavilions Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear reader,

The note above is a very subjective interpretation and emotional reaction to an unfortunate situation. A booking was made on line for 2 adults in one of our Spa & Pool Pavilions. Our web site mentions clearly on the first page of The Pavilions, Phuket that To ensure your tranquility, we only welcome children from 16 years of age and older. Our children policy was also printed on the confirmation note showed to me by the guest.
When I met this person who was accompanied by another adult and two young children, I apologized for the fact that we could not accommodate them. Our children policy is clearly stated and the fact that all our infinity pools have a sharp drop is not conducive to welcome children. I offered assistance for alternative accommodation but the answer was that she would handle this over the phone with her husband. No mention was made about lunch which would have been agreed. No offer was made for her to use a business centre as there isn’t any. I reassured her that no payment had been debited and would not be.
The rating at the bottom of the review is obviously biased as they did not stay with us.

In the hospitality industry and particularly in a boutique hotel like The Pavilions utmost care for our guests is a priority and I believe the other comments on this site reflect well our welcoming philosophy.

Jean-Christophe Nager

5.4 km away
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#4 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Pavilions Phuket? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK