“Fantastico”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Really good authentic Italian food, very well presented, excellent friendly and professional staff. Their hand made pasta is delicious. We were at the hotel for 7 nights and went to La Trattoria 4 times. Between us we had lasagne, Osso Bucco,, baked sea bass, braised lamb , smoked salmon ravioli, Caesars salad, pan fried seafood, all absolutely delicious. For a real treat we indulged in their version of crime brûlée. Yuuuummm. If you are in the area do not miss out on this Culinary excellence.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

we stopped by because we didn't find any other place nearby for having a simple dinner.
Food was very nice.
we found out the restaurant by the facebook page.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I was surprised that I was eating authentic Italian in Thailand. The well done lamb rack and the fritto Misto were excellent. However, the waiters spoke very poor English and didn't recognise any items on the menu. They had a look at the menu to understand what I was ordering since they themselves don't know the names of the food in Italian. As for the English it seems to be a problem in the entire hotel. It's very hard to communicate at Dusit Thani and may be even other hotels in Phuket. For a restaurant with 3 occupied tables out of 25-30, I was surprised to see so many awards they had received, even then I can't deny that the food was excellent.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Laguna in July 17, we have tried few Italian restaurants, one of them was la trattoria in dusit Laguna hotel, the prices was good (50% off) and the food was just amazing!

But what turn the evening into one of our best was the service.

We will come back

Moshe Lillie Ben & the baby Tommy

Reviewed 11 July 2017

La Trattoria was offering a 50% off deal to drum up business or to make up for the building works, we decided to go. The concierge made a big fuss saying it was a dressy place, no shorts etc and as if it was almost booked out.
So we dressed up and were surprised to find only one family in there to begin with.
I ordered the carpaccio and my husband the lamb raviolli. His was dry while my carpaccio seemed to lack any citrusy tartness whatsoever - I wasn't even sure it was made with lemon juice it was so bland. Even pepper and salt didn't make that much difference.
As our dinner arrived so did one 30-something couple - with him wearing shorts, and her looking like she'd just got out of the pool and put on a house dress. So much for fancy!
I ordered the mushroom risotto which was beautifully cooked but again, extremely light on the seasoning while my husband had the lamb shank which had a good jus but a watery potato mash.
The waitress tried to take my plate away although I hadn't yet finished and the waiter swept away my husband's finished plate while I was still eating so either they haven't been taught proper etiquette about this or they were trying to look/be busy.
The 50% deal made it more affordable but didn't really make up for average food.