All reviewslaguna phuketservices apartmentmovenpick hotelshuttle busbang tao beachover christmas and new yearmicrowave ovendoor stepliving roomswimming poolbig fridgeown transportshower gelconvenience storedirect accesspatong areanice beach
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We have just enjoyed an amazing holiday with friends where we stayed at the Allamanda for 13 nights. The accommodation was fantastic. We had a 2 bedroom suite with bathroom facilities in both rooms. Our teenage boys had plenty of room and the rooms were immaculate and serviced every day. The staff were just wonderful and nothing was a problem. Everyone at the resort were so friendly, professional and welcoming. Having security guards around the resort was also very reassuring. The surrounding were very quiet which mean't for a great nights sleep. The gardens and grounds were beautifully maintained and the entire area around the resort was just so clean. While we ere there they were re-tiling and upgrading other rooms in the complex as well. The restaurant was good however a little pricey however we did dine at a small restaurant that catered for all of our fussy teenage kids not far from the resort. "The Black Cat" offered free shuttle to and from the restaurant. The staff at reception were always happy to ring and arrange this for us. We used the laundry facility at the resort but did find this a little pricey as well. But we did find a laundry service that was part of the huge accommodation complex at Laguna Beach Resort who would do the laundry considerably cheaper. So use the free ferry shuttles and the shuttle bus to access all the Accommodation facilities around "The Laguna". It's amazing what you can find and the facilities that are on offer.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Tannanboyz
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My wife and I traveled to Bang Tao for the 4th time and the 3rd time at Allamanda. I was really impressed by the friendly nature of all the staff. They were more than happy to have a friendly joke and even helped me to learn some Thai words.

After ten days of intense Thai food, mainly purchased from the beach restaurants, my body went into close down mode resulting in me not feeling to well. I didn't show for breakfast and all of the staff inquired where I was and showed concern for my health. The same concern was shown by the house keeping staff. It was like staying with a good family friend.

We got a one bedroom appt that was fantastic, overlooking the golf course. The pool was quiet and for us, no kids club meant we had a very peaceful trip. My wife and I are over the busy nature of Patong so Bang Tao provides us with a wonderful sanctuary. There are wonderful restaurants and bars all around and although quiet due to low season meant not everything was open, we still had a great time.

The free wireless internet was fast and we have had no problems with it.

Taxis in the area will provide a fair price if you challenge them.

Not impressed with the Sales approach of the Laguna holiday club but we will get over it.
We have stayed at other Laguna properties and Allamanda is for us.

we will be back in 2 years.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paddyatpace
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Unclean, out of date, too expensive, poor service, not much happening in Laguna (overpriced, no atmosphere, could have been anywhere in the world)
Choose another beach and you will be much happier!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kellie C
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This is the 3rd time the wife and I have stayed at the Allamanda - and again we have had a relaxing and highly enjoyable stay. A lot has happened in the 3 years since we were here last and the whole Laguna area is now showing its age. Best Western are now managing 2 of the 3 Allamanda apartment buildings while the other is managed by CBRE. We were upgraded from a junior suite to a one-bedroom apartment and the room was very spacious with several recent improvements. Special mention goes to the refurbished bathroom. Which is now as good as any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. The laguna complex is getting a little tired but some recent improvements (I assume since Best Western started) have helped. I am writing this review using their free wireless broadband and have not had a problem in several days of use. We love the privacy and low key environs of Bangtao / Laguna, which adds greatly to our highly relaxed state once we leave. Staff are very friendly and responsive to our requests. Breakfast was the usual buffet fare and of average standard. We cannot comment on dinner as there are many fabulous restaurants (ranging from cheap to expensive) on the beach or within suitable travelling distance. Our major issue was with the bed - while massive, it was way too hard and I did not really get a good sleep. This is not what I would expect of a modern hotel and really needs some work. We were surprised with some of the earlier unfavourable reviews and after talking to some long term guests, it appears that Best Western and CBRE are now managing different parts of the complex. My assessment is that the major factor in whether a review was favourable or unfavourable is the building (and therefore which managing company) people stay in. It seems our stay benefitted by booking via Best Western.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GandM_Travels
Reviewed 11 February 2011

This place is part of a collection of hotels all based around the Lagoon and Beach. It is a beutiful part of Thailand that is not crowded like Patong, and you really can relax, and enjoy your time on the beach. There is a golf course located next to the hotel. The staff at the hotel were amazing, very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very large, clean, and have there own full size kitchens, large balconys, and the restaurant breakfast buffet was great, with everything you could imagine.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple