“Great friendly staff, fresh seafood but a bit pricey ”
Review of Audy Restaurant

Audy Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 205 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located only a minute walk from Surin Beach, Audy Restaurant is specialized in the Thai cusine, our meals are prepared by our skillful chef with only the most fresh spices and herbs of the Kingdom. Builded on the bottom of a small hill, customers may enjoy the cozy hill's shade which makes the place fresh even on the hottest days. With over one-hundred selection of meals, Audy Restaurant wish to bring its customers maximum satisfaction!
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely evening at Audy Restaurant last night. The staff are very nice and attentive (especially the waitress who waited our table, she speaks perfect English and has got curly hair) the seafood was very fresh, and there's a friendly kitty lurking around tables.

Another best things about the place is they provide pick up and drop off service right to your door step! Considering the high prices of transportation of Phuket, that's a total plus. The driver kindly stopped at 7/11 for us to buy water and took us back to the hotel.

The only problem we had was the prices of the food. We ordered grilled prawns (300 B) they were medium to small sized 6 prawns, and curry crab (300 B) ONE palm size crab showed up. The pineapple rice (200 B) was a bit too peppery.

The service was very good, but maybe they need some improvement on the food.

Fivali69, General Manager at Audy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear IrisThiriSu,
Thank you for your visit and kind note on TA. We kept note about your suggestions and we already improved. Hopefully we will see you back so you can experience the changes .
A lot of sunny greetings from our entire crew.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful service, great food, good prices , lovely music and a taxi that collects and delivers you back to hotel. Pure bliss

Hello dear Samdan1982,
Sunny greetings from Audy Restaurant! And thank you for this "Fantastic" review.
C-U next time !

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

While staying at Novotel Surin, my family found this gem of a place to the north end of Surin beach.
The restaurant/bar is open air - but with some shelter from any tropical downpours, and a plethora of fans, is very comfortable.

The staff are super friendly and Belgium manager is quirky. They have a resident cat called 'Cocktail' for the kids to pat (or should I say 'feed').

Upon arrival you are given an ice cold towelette to wipe your hands, and then given a free bowl of peanuts to share while waiting for your food and drinks order. The food and drinks were very cheap and tasty ... love a good Som Tam salad and Massaman curry.

At the end of your meal you get a free plate of cold fruit ( pineapple and watermelon ) to share and your choice of a free tea or coffee ( beware the coffee is strong !).

Audy even have a free shuttle service back to your hotel ( and free pickup as well).

We enjoyed the place and the food so much we ate there 6 nights in a row!

Hello dear Travelmum38,
Thank you so much for your 6 time in a row visit at our restaurant and your kind review.
We for sure enjoyed having you as fine guests.
Sunny greetings from our entire team !

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I know it is important that the staff is friendly, the location clean, which is all given at this restaurant (I mean regarding that it's just a simple restaurant and not a Michelin star location...)
But even with all these pros, the food is just horrible
Which I really can't understand why
They have all the ingredients and Thai cooking is not a big deal once everything is chopped and you have a few mandatory spices and fish sauce
So why messing up the food with heaps of MSG??
If I order a stir fry, I don't want to get the dish tossed with soup
It was meant to be with oyster sauce but not that the whole dish is flooded with it
And then the MSG, sorry no excuses, I'm sensitive to it and because I'm very curious a took a closer look to the kitchen witch you can just see from the street
And you can't oversee that there is this shiny white powder the ladies ad to all dishes...and no it is not salt
I love Thai food and ate a lot of it, btw cooked also a lot of it, but this food unfortunately ended with the taste which has nothing to do with Thai food
Anyway, as most of the guests were apparently from Western Europe maybe they won't even realise that it was that bad as most of Asian restaurants (especially Chinese) in Europe soak their food in MSG.

Really sad and not necessary

Dear Miss Anica1970,
We thank you for your visit and specially for you comment on TA. As I can see you have concern about MSG, I see you studied the subject well.
I also see you wrote 2 comments on TA, one is a coffee shop in Singapore (family or friends of yours?) and may I hope there was not too much caffeine in the coffee. The other review about our restaurant. Let me first state clearly that we don’t use MSG at all. We work with daily fresh products and we have no need to enhance tastes what’s or ever. It has been suggested that a fear of MSG may reflect anti-Asian racism, with MSG being seen as an "Oriental", alien arrival in Western cooking, likely to be dangerous. Food critic Jeffrey Steingarten argued that fear of MSG should be seen as a Western-centric mindset, lacking awareness of its common use in Far Eastern cooking without apparent problems: "If MSG is a problem, why doesn't everyone in China have a headache?
About your curiosity to go check on our kitchen, I have to wonder what you saw, but for sure isn’t MSG! Secondly, in my humble opinion I would tend to say that curiosity killed the cat …
For the last, I suggest you think twice before writing a review - especially if you cannot provide any solid proof - because you damage a company good reputation and judging by your bottom line the worst thing is that you do not even realize it... such accusation can lead you in a lot of trouble if we press charges against you at the local authorities for non-proven accusations.
We are one of the most successful restaurant in Surin Beach and we can prove it (just read the hundreds of reviews here), unfortunately once in a while we got bad (biased?) feedback such as this one but that's just another day in the online review biz.
I wish you a nice day

Reviewed 29 August 2017

A Belgian young man runs the restaurant, which is characterized by the quality of the food and the way of serving. We enjoyed many times lunch and dinner in this restaurant during our stay at Surin Beach and the food was always very tasty and cared served. During dinner, there was always a a musician singing songs, what made the evening very enjoyable. After dinner, you get fruit as a dessert for free and they organize free transport back to your hotel. There is room for over 100 people and this open air restaurant (there is a roof) has a pleasant atmosphere!

Fivali69, General Manager at Audy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear spiritandsoul,
Thank you for calling me "Young", I am very flattered. But most of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts on TA with this fantastic review, It gives us a lot of positive energy to do what we do and it mean a lot to my staff, that works from the hart... Thank you so much, we hope to see you back soon to share more beautiful moments.