“Back again and just fantastic”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Ranked #53 of 220 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 46
Description: Discover Firefly, Phuket's place to be, serving contemporary grill specialties with a modern Mediterranean touch, best enjoyed in the airy restaurant or on the shaded teak deck, bordering the impressive pool oasis that lights up after dark with countless "fireflies".
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We returned to Firefly again last week for an amazing meal and evening. Firstly I need to apologize for my previous review in which I complained that there was a chili in my smoked eggplant pizza that burned my mouth - I did not order the meal last time so did not view the menu but this time I noticed that one of the ingredients is chili! I ordered the pizza again and asked for no chili and it was excellent. The flatbed dip was also spectacular. I forget the name of the chocolate mouse cake type desert we had but it was over the top good.

Service with Val was top notch. She has all of the qualities of a veteran waitress. She makes engaging conversation, answers detailed menu questions and jokes with guests. The other servers were not as skilled as Val but if they did not know the answer to a question they would apologize and go and get Val.

The only issue is there are very few guests here. This place is wonderful and should be busy every night. I cannot wait to spend an afternoon here swimming and menu sampling in the future.

The pool at night is very cool with tiny LED lights underwater in the pool surface, as are the walls at the entrance. Very nice design.

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Flifsh1,

I would like to thank you for visiting again the Firefly restaurant, and I am absolutely thrilled that once more your experience with us was such a success.

Your comments have been shared with the entire Team and in particular with Valerie who is our shinning star who brings so much spirit to our restaurant with her dedicated and personalised service and wholehearted care to our customers.

I would like to also thank you for taking the time to send us the feedback of your experience with us, and I am certain that with such a wonderful review, we are soon going to see many more guests flocking to our beautiful and unique restaurant.

We are all looking forward to the great pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Lovely restaurant at the new Pavilions Suites. Good amount of space to eat, relax and swim. The food is well presented and of good quality. It is comparatively priced to eateries around the area of a similar standard. This is not a cheap Thai of street food venue. Local beers were around Bt100 and Pizza at Bt300, some good cocktails on offer. The staff are very pleasant and helpful with a good level of English spoken. Big thanks to Val and Preay who made the visits enjoyable.

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Escholte,

I would like to thank you for visiting our new Firefly restaurant while staying with us at The Pavilions Phuket. I am delighted that your experience with us met your expectations and that you liked our new Pavilions suites.

Your comments have been shared with theTeam and especially with Val and Preay who were ever so happy in knowing that their constant efforts in providing a good and relaxed dining time was so well appreciated.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our new Pavilions suites and Firefly restaurant, and I hope that we will have soon the greatest pleasure of having you with us again.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We went there for a lunch. Plat are veryyy small. Ici cream is better on 7/11. Unbelivable to have this kind of poor food on nice place

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear GLADIATOR1234,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us the feedback of our experience at our Firefly restaurant, and I am truly sorry that we fell short of your expectation especially with the ice cream and size of dishes. Your comments have been passed to the Culinary Team for review.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We spent one evening at Firefly for dinner. The service really was excellent and that was the highlight of our night. The cocktails also were very good. We went on the recommendations of our waitress who was spot on and took the time to understand what we liked. We were a bit disappointed in the menu however. It was very Western which I guess is to be expected at a hotel but it would have been nice to have some delicious Thai dishes. There were only a handful and they were like very westernised watered-down dishes - not what we would have expected from a nice restaurant in Thailand. It is a bit on the expensive side but that is to be expected as it is located in a premium resort. We would recommend this restaurant but hope they expand the menu to include some local authentic food rather than 2 or 3 token dishes. It was also a very humid hot night and we appreciated the waitress giving us cold towels - a small but meaningful gesture!

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear CelloOnWheels,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback of your experience at our Firefly restaurant, and I am sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations.

Indeed, the Firefly has a limited choice of Thai dishes compared to our Plantation restaurant who specialises in authentic Thai cuisine as our aim is to provide a variety of choices to our guests. Your comments have been passed to our Culinary Team who will analyse all the different points raised.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Enjoy the breakfast there especially the bread and pastry basket. Delicious. Weather a bit hot and wet this time of the year. But quite enjoy the peacefulness and the clean pools view together with green plants while having breakfast.
The mains of the breakfast is not bad, coffee is unexpectedly nice. Normally get some super diluted coffee and/or cold milk mixed with warm coffee, here they serve warm milk with tasty coffee.. nice!

JeanPhilippeJacopin, General Manager at Firefly, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Joshua L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, and I am delighted knowing that you have appreciated so much our coffee as we are doing our best to source the best local produce available in Thailand. Breakfast is such an important meal in the day, and it is so rewarding when our guests are so satisfied.

Your kind compliments have been shared with the entire Team who were delighted knowing that their constant efforts in providing a good service and good food has been appreciated and recognised.

I would like to thank you for choosing The Pavilions Phuket for your stay on our beautiful tropical island, and I hope to have the great pleasure of welcoming again should your travels bring you back here.