3,411 results
All reviewssand boxloca vorethai restaurantquan spasandbox restaurantsand barpool villabreakfast buffetdeluxe roomturtle villagekids poolmai khao beachthai boxingeggs benedictspecial thanksmain poolfree shuttle
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely holiday in this beautiful resort. The staff were very friendly and hospitable from the moment we checked in till we departed. The room was lovely, however thought that the Housekeeping would have been able to do a better job. Nevertheless it was a lovely stay and relaxing holiday for us!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexW5299
Sander_Looijen, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Alex

Thank you for the review, it is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed our Thai hospitality, something we indeed pride ourselves with.

Thank you also for your comments on the improvement areas and I will ensure to personally look into this.

We look forward welcoming you back again a next time.,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is my second stay at this resort. First time Aug 2016 and this time Aug 2017 for my Birthday. I usually like to try new hotels when on holiday, so last year I visited other 5 star hotels in the Mai Khao area to see them myself and also this year researched more and read hundreds of reviews to find another nice 5 star resort, however I came back to the Renaissance...this resort comparing to other Phuket top 5 star hotels, has a newer fresh look with a modern contemporary design and very relaxing atmosphere, located in a higher class part of Phuket away from crowded Patong with easy access to everything you need nearby and very close to the International airport. The staff are definitely the factor that make this resort exceptional. Upon arrival they have a very pleasant warm and welcoming check-in process, and make every single guest feel welcome. Let’s start with Sky, the hotel Navigator who is for sure the star of the show. You can rely on her unbiased recommendation on everything you need to know about Phuket, e.g. tours, shopping places, markets, restaurants, beaches… At the front desk I met Hall, Lillie and Pablo who were extremely helpful with every single need/inquiry we had. In the restaurants Jasmin and Aod were surely making your visit a memorable time. Special Thanks to the fine Cocktails by Phil –the cool Guy-. And last but not least, in the Kids Club Neena was so sweet, kind and caring that unlike most other holidays, we left our little one at her care with peace of mind. My little one keeps talking about her even now after a few weeks. Many Thanks Neena! I should also mention and Thank the general manager of this resort, Sander who is in my opinion is one of the most successful managers in this business. He is everyday everywhere…encouraging and couching the staff and having one to one chat with every single guest in the resort, make sure they are completely happy with their stay, which in day and age is priceless.
Genuine smile and care cannot be pretended, it has to come from heart… You nailed it again Renaissance Phuket Team! THANKS AGAIN!

Room Tip: If large family ask for two rooms with interconnected door.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentTraveller666

Dear FrequentTraveller666

Thank you very much for your review! It is super exciting that once again we have been able to deliver on our promise of providing memorable experiences.

It is always nice when guests return to our resort and have a great time

Thank you also for leaving all the kind comments about our team, I am indeed proud of the countless great ambassadors we have working here and I will make sure to share your review and forward your appreciation.

We very much look forward welcoming you back again a next time, please do not hesitate to reach out in case you like do so.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The star factor of this place would be the amazing service. From the moment we arrived at the property to checking out, the staff were nothing but welcoming, kind and helpful. We had to wait about 6 hours after checking out before we headed to the airport and the staff kindly let us hang around the property and continued to offer us complimentary wifi. Further, after checking out I had unknowingly left my iphone charger in the hotel room and housekeeping got one of the frontline staff to deliver it to me. They also went out of their way to find and provide us with a universal travel adapter when we requested for one even after checking out.

The rooms are very spacious with a balcony and an additional sofa which is large enough for an adult to sleep on (so a third person could easily join in). The king sized bed is also extremely comfortable and the sheets were very clean. The toilet was also very spacious with a separate shower and bathtub. The bathtub was also functioning very well and there was plenty of hot water.

The breakfast buffet had a wide variety and was of very good quality. I had no qualms about paying SGD 30+ every morning for it. Lots of bread, cured meats, vegetarian options, fruit, smoothies, eggs benedict, and truly delightful desserts.

Although the hotel spa could be quite pricey, there is what i believe to be a 3rd party vendor within the property offering massages at a very good price (about SGD 20). Its like an open air hut facing the beach which makes it very relaxing and enjoyable.

One of the only two issues observed is that there is not much to do in the area so you will end up spending on room service a lot. However this was not an issue for me as my intention was to find a very quiet and comfortable hotel to just relax in and not have to move around. The other is that there are a lot of flies and mosquitos, but this is due to the fact that there is so much pretty greenery and water features on the property. This wouldn't be a huge issue if you just bring along some insect repellent, which they also provide in the hotel rooms (can't remember if it was chargeable).

Another small gesture which also made my stay a lot more pleasant was that everywhere we sat, be it by the beach, pool, or lounge, the staff always brought us complimentary iced water and cold towels and asked us to let them know if we needed anything else. It made us feel very special and well taken care of as hotel guests.

Overall, it was a very very pleasant short getaway and I will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Sander_Looijen, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Heather

It is great know that you have enjoyed a calm relaxing and experience, exactly what our hotel is all about.

Thank you for highlighting the breakfast offering, something we indeed pride ourselves with and get nothing but raving comments from our guests.

Great also to know that the team around the pool has been able to impress with their service, I will make sure to forward your kind comments.

We are already looking forward welcoming you back a next time again.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Peaceful hotel with a nice private beach (a violent one given the weather conditions). Kids pool was great as well. My kids enjoyed it a lot. Special thanks to Samak for helping us with the rooms. The gym was well equipped as well. Food was good, wish the international restaurant had more choices. Rooms were very good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Ramash

Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

We are excited that you had a happy stay. I will make sure to send my appreciation to Khun Samak for a job well done.

We look forward welcoming you back a next time again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I spent a night in this Resort beautiful grounds and great rooms, it is one of the best I have found in Phuket so far. You won't be disappointed. From the quality of the food dishes to the stunning rooms and common areas.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mrtravelbee

Dear Mrtravelbee

Thanks for the nice review! We are excited that you had such a good time with us.

The Chefs are especially happy to know you have enjoyed the food, they are looking forward welcoming you back to cook some more of their specialities.

Until a next time.