The official website set our expectations very high, and i would say they were almost met. New establishment, great service, calm and relaxing environs. Great breakfast buffet, they make egg benedict!and they had that honeycomb honey (sucker for presentation). Staff was exceptional and friendly, helped us with recommendations for island trip to Similan, you always need an island trip since most beach front resorts on the main island do not come with crystal blue waters.
Main let down was the size. Compound was a bit smaller than expected and the pool was way too small. There were too few deckchairs to accomodate all the guests. And this was even though i felt that the resort was only at 50% capacity. My partner and I left the pool for the spa after 30 mins of feeling crowded out.
Be prepared to pay for transport as the resort is far away. To Patong, we got a private car for 2, round trip was about 1600THB if i recall, and the ride was looooong, without traffic.
Would go to the JW next door if I return to this part of Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst tropical gardens, the chic boutique-like Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, a Marriott Luxury & Lifestyle Hotel, offers privacy and is only 15 minutes leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport. Our Phuket, Thailand resort's location is ideally adjacent to beautiful Sirinath Marine National Park, as well, providing the chance to completely enjoy the magic of our island. We offer 22 Pool Villas and 4 Ocean Front Pool Villas with private pool and large patio, 4 One Bedroom Suites and 150 Deluxe Rooms. Two outdoor swimming pools, Quan Spa with eight treatment rooms, 6 event venues, steam rooms, outdoor massage sala, fitness centre, bike rides, cooking school, diving lessons, Kid's world and children's pavilion with indoor recreation area and outdoor pool all delight travelers to Thailand. Golf is available nearby, and for your gastronomical journey, our hotel offers an all-day restaurant with fresh ingredients - our signature Loca Vore, Takieng - Thai Restaurant. We also provide The Lounge, Doppio for gourmet deli with coffee and tea leaf bar and Sand Box at Mai Khao beachfront serving international cuisine during the day and BBQ at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Renaissance Phuket Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao