US$ 305
US$ 282
Marriott
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
JW Marriott
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 177/night.

SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$ 300
US$ 82
US$ 73
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 87/night.

US$ 78
US$ 60
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 90/night.

US$ 422
US$ 304
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 363/night.

Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
Renaissance Hotels
US$ 453
US$ 358
US$ 787
Marriott
1,940 results
All reviewsla salatree housesea fire saltprivate poollagoon villasalt restauranttreehouse barturtle villagebath saltsoutdoor bathtubour honeymoonseafoodcoffee clubday bedhappy hourheaven on earthgolf cart
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We’ve been to Anantara 3 years ago and were really charmed by the resort itself and the welcome and service we’ve receive. This year we decided to come back and God it was great.

People working for Anantara are amazing, you know that Thais are very gentle and polite, but Anantara staff are taking it to the whole new level. They remember your names, your choice of drinks for breakfast, they are nicely chatty and are looking for any opportunity to assist and impress.

We love the facilities, the resort is well designed, very quiet, incredibly green and comfortable. We stayed in their standard pool villa, which is beautiful from any angle, inside and outside. Overlooking the pool and trees from the bed or looking at beautifully decorated villa from the pool deck – it’s absolutely stunning. September is a rainy season, so we stayed inside a lot, and as much as I was really gutted that it rained non-stop for a few days, just enjoying the views around me and relaxing in the comfy snugs inside the villa totally made it up for the lack of sunshine.

Resort smells great, jasmine scented amenities and incenses, flowers, the environment engages all the senses. Very overwhelming but soothing at the same time.

Thing which concerned me a bit was the welfare of ducks at the resort. They are adorable, there are couple of flocks of 2 different breeds around the resort, they gang up in the water around breakfast terrace and together with fish wait for bread treats thrown by guests. It’s an amazing experience, in a couple of days you recognize them and see that each one has a character, but there are a couple who look like they need some care (the small ones which are bullied by bigger ones have their tails pinched and looking sore) and I was looking around to try and find their shelter, but couldn’t find any. Goose is a domesticated bird, they need a dry covered shelter, like a small shed to hide from the rain and to rest for the night. There animals form a great part of guest experience and need to be treated like any other asset  But they are all nice, active and fat, happily playing around, so it’s not a complaint.

In fact, there was nothing really to complain about, breakfast menu had all we needed, service was great, cleaning and turndown were exceptional, it is worth every penny they charge 

I was very sad when we were leaving, I hope we’ll be back again. Of all hotels I’ve been to this will be the one I will recommend with a hand on my heart.

Thank you, Anatara team and see you again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Anantara M, Rooms Division Manager at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Mariia M,

Thank you again for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas and taking your valuable time to share your wonderful review. It is a real pleasure to have you with us again.

I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the hotel facilities, hospitality service provided by our team members. Your encouraging words brought many smiles among us – certainly a wonderful compensation for all the hard work by the team.

The entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort, hopefully in not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Piyapong Kunluck
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I travelled to the Anantara with our children aged 6, 3 and 1. We were made to feel welcome and looked-after from start to finish. We were allocated a member of staff, Bier, to take care of us during our stay. Bier made a point of coming to find us every day and was incredibly helpful with making restaurant reservations and organising babysitting. My husband hurt his foot on the last day of our stay and Bier insisted on accompanying him to hospital, which was above and beyond the call of duty! Nothing was too much trouble.
We shared a two-bedroom pool villa and the rooms were gorgeous, with big comfortable beds and traditional decor. The cleaners come twice a day, and do a really thorough job. The resort is set out as villas centred around a lagoon, and is very pretty throughout. The pool area is beautiful, as is the beach. Our children used the kids' club and the childcare team, led by Jina, were absolutely wonderful with the kids, putting on a range of activities each day. The children were actually asking to stay longer at kids' club, which is not a request we've had on holiday before!
The food at the resort was a highlight of the trip. Executive Chef Darren makes an effort to go out into the restaurant and resort welcoming guests and making sure everyone's needs are catered for. He arranged a special Indian menu for us one evening, cooked by chef Sunil. It was superb; some of the best Indian food we've had. Our kids are usually quite fussy but loved trying new flavours, as well as old favourites such as pizza and pasta on the children's menu.
All in all, a wonderful holiday and we'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Two-bedroom pool villas are great for families. Ask for a room near the pool and kids' club as the resort is quite large.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SophieT1981

Dear SophieT1981,

Greeting from Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas.

Thank you for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas for your recent family getaway. I am delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and that you had a relaxing experience with your family.

I have shared your comments with Bier, Jina, Chef Darren and Chef Sunil as recognition for the attentiveness and care provided, and to serve as added motivation to continue delivering service excellence to our future guests.

SophieT1981, thank you once again for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for even more memorable moments.

With kind regards,

Piyapong Kunluck
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2017

It's my first time doing a Thai Cooking class. The experience at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket was truly amazing. At their Thai restaurant La Sala (where buffet breakfast is served), Chef That was responsible for the Cooking Class. He is such an awesome teacher who started by showing the ingredients for every dish & took me through every single step for preparing the dish. He always demonstrated how to prepare the ingredients to make sure that I can follow. Picture-taking is one of the fun parts of the class! Since I took the class by myself, nobody was there to take pictures for me. Chef That was so kind that he took pictures for every dish I cooked as I was preparing. And with me in the pictures too. It was such an enjoyable experience throughout the process from understanding the herbs, the seasoning to the cooking part. That is a wonderful & patient teacher. Everything at the Cooking Class was arranged to its perfection. The dishes were so delicious. I even got an apron, a chopping board, a photo frame & a certificate!

By the time our class was over, I even got to invite my mom to join me at La Sala to enjoy the food. Thanks to Au who works in the restaurant & has kindly arranged a golf buggy to pick up my mom from the villa. Au works in La Sala for the breakfast session, and we ran into her many times in the morning. She is one of the most approachable & friendly staff at La Sala who attends to your every need and has truly demonstrated what service excellence is. We had so much fun talking to her.

Will highly recommend the Cooking Class taught by Chef That!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Anantara M, Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms) at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear sylvialammy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor and choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. I appreciate your positive feedback and am glad that you enjoyed our Cooking Class. Your encouraging comments on our associate will certainly be passed on to Chef That and Khun Au.

It is rewarding for our team to learn that our guests felt well looked after and recommended our resort. I hope that you had a comfortable stay and look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Good:

spacious room (we stayed in Sala Pool villa). I like the rustic decoration. Very clean pool in my villa. Bed linens are clean - the turndown service is very good. Nothing to complain about the room except that there are a lot of house gecko in the villa. Also, many ants around the villa - but this is not a point to complain as all in all there are a lot of trees around

Restaurants: we had our breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner in La Sala. Why? Because we both like the staff there. Very friendly and we feel like we are very welcomed. La Sala team is wonderful. We especially want to name a few staff that worth our appreciation: Au, Samorn, Toy, Fan, Bee, Gift, Au, Ann, Nam. They gave us very good memory with our stay. Last but not least, the Indian chef prepared an authentic Indian meal for us (not on menu, we highly recommend it).

Spa: we took a complimentary Thai massage class for an hour. The teacher is very good and gave good teaching and lesson.

Down side:
Gym is quite small with limited equipment.

Very very limited yoga classes. Mind you that you need to pay extra for Ashtanga and Hatha. Around 1000 Baht and 800 Baht respectively.

Fruits selections for breakfast has room for improvement. We expected to have mangosteen but couldn’t find it. Was it because it was not the season?

Overall, the stay was present and we would definitely return next year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Anantara M, Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms) at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Richard L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed services from our associates and had a relaxing time staying with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I really loved this hotel. The pool villa was very quiet and peaceful with lots of trees and flowers. It's almost like a forest or jungle. You can see different animals around the hotel. Treetop house was my favorite as well as the Spa.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear yokeeatsea,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had a relaxing time staying with us.
Thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you again for a restful holiday in Phuket soon.