1,961 results
All reviews la sala sea fire salt tree house private pool lagoon villa salt restaurant treehouse bar turtle village bath salts outdoor bathtub our honeymoon seafood coffee club day bed happy hour heaven on earth golf cart
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I travelled to the Anantara with our children aged 6, 3 and 1. We were made to feel welcome and looked-after from start to finish. We were allocated a member of staff, Bier, to take care of us during our stay. Bier made a point of coming to find us every day and was incredibly helpful with making restaurant reservations and organising babysitting. My husband hurt his foot on the last day of our stay and Bier insisted on accompanying him to hospital, which was above and beyond the call of duty! Nothing was too much trouble.
We shared a two-bedroom pool villa and the rooms were gorgeous, with big comfortable beds and traditional decor. The cleaners come twice a day, and do a really thorough job. The resort is set out as villas centred around a lagoon, and is very pretty throughout. The pool area is beautiful, as is the beach. Our children used the kids' club and the childcare team, led by Jina, were absolutely wonderful with the kids, putting on a range of activities each day. The children were actually asking to stay longer at kids' club, which is not a request we've had on holiday before!
The food at the resort was a highlight of the trip. Executive Chef Darren makes an effort to go out into the restaurant and resort welcoming guests and making sure everyone's needs are catered for. He arranged a special Indian menu for us one evening, cooked by chef Sunil. It was superb; some of the best Indian food we've had. Our kids are usually quite fussy but loved trying new flavours, as well as old favourites such as pizza and pasta on the children's menu.
All in all, a wonderful holiday and we'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Two-bedroom pool villas are great for families. Ask for a room near the pool and kids' club as the resort is quite large.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SophieT1981
Anantara M, Rooms Division Manager at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear SophieT1981,

Greeting from Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas.

Thank you for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas for your recent family getaway. I am delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and that you had a relaxing experience with your family.

I have shared your comments with Bier, Jina, Chef Darren and Chef Sunil as recognition for the attentiveness and care provided, and to serve as added motivation to continue delivering service excellence to our future guests.

SophieT1981, thank you once again for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for even more memorable moments.

With kind regards,

Piyapong Kunluck
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2017

It's my first time doing a Thai Cooking class. The experience at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket was truly amazing. At their Thai restaurant La Sala (where buffet breakfast is served), Chef That was responsible for the Cooking Class. He is such an awesome teacher who started by showing the ingredients for every dish & took me through every single step for preparing the dish. He always demonstrated how to prepare the ingredients to make sure that I can follow. Picture-taking is one of the fun parts of the class! Since I took the class by myself, nobody was there to take pictures for me. Chef That was so kind that he took pictures for every dish I cooked as I was preparing. And with me in the pictures too. It was such an enjoyable experience throughout the process from understanding the herbs, the seasoning to the cooking part. That is a wonderful & patient teacher. Everything at the Cooking Class was arranged to its perfection. The dishes were so delicious. I even got an apron, a chopping board, a photo frame & a certificate!

By the time our class was over, I even got to invite my mom to join me at La Sala to enjoy the food. Thanks to Au who works in the restaurant & has kindly arranged a golf buggy to pick up my mom from the villa. Au works in La Sala for the breakfast session, and we ran into her many times in the morning. She is one of the most approachable & friendly staff at La Sala who attends to your every need and has truly demonstrated what service excellence is. We had so much fun talking to her.

Will highly recommend the Cooking Class taught by Chef That!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Anantara M, Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms) at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear sylvialammy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor and choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. I appreciate your positive feedback and am glad that you enjoyed our Cooking Class. Your encouraging comments on our associate will certainly be passed on to Chef That and Khun Au.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Good:

spacious room (we stayed in Sala Pool villa). I like the rustic decoration. Very clean pool in my villa. Bed linens are clean - the turndown service is very good. Nothing to complain about the room except that there are a lot of house gecko in the villa. Also, many ants around the villa - but this is not a point to complain as all in all there are a lot of trees around

Restaurants: we had our breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner in La Sala. Why? Because we both like the staff there. Very friendly and we feel like we are very welcomed. La Sala team is wonderful. We especially want to name a few staff that worth our appreciation: Au, Samorn, Toy, Fan, Bee, Gift, Au, Ann, Nam. They gave us very good memory with our stay. Last but not least, the Indian chef prepared an authentic Indian meal for us (not on menu, we highly recommend it).

Spa: we took a complimentary Thai massage class for an hour. The teacher is very good and gave good teaching and lesson.

Down side:
Gym is quite small with limited equipment.

Very very limited yoga classes. Mind you that you need to pay extra for Ashtanga and Hatha. Around 1000 Baht and 800 Baht respectively.

Fruits selections for breakfast has room for improvement. We expected to have mangosteen but couldn’t find it. Was it because it was not the season?

Overall, the stay was present and we would definitely return next year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Anantara M, Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms) at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Richard L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed services from our associates and had a relaxing time staying with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I really loved this hotel. The pool villa was very quiet and peaceful with lots of trees and flowers. It's almost like a forest or jungle. You can see different animals around the hotel. Treetop house was my favorite as well as the Spa.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear yokeeatsea,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had a relaxing time staying with us.
Thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you again for a restful holiday in Phuket soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The villa in this resort will keep your privacy enough and it's private pool is fairly larger than many other pool villas. Resort staffs are well educated and trained to provide quality services. Especially staffs in Infinity poolside bar and concierge are good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear roganlee,

Thank you for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. It is fantastic to hear that you had a great time staying with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is rewarding for our team to learn that our guests felt well looked after and recommended our resort. I hope that you had a comfortable stay and look forward to seeing you again