We’ve been to Anantara 3 years ago and were really charmed by the resort itself and the welcome and service we’ve receive. This year we decided to come back and God it was great.
People working for Anantara are amazing, you know that Thais are very gentle and polite, but Anantara staff are taking it to the whole new level. They remember your names, your choice of drinks for breakfast, they are nicely chatty and are looking for any opportunity to assist and impress.
We love the facilities, the resort is well designed, very quiet, incredibly green and comfortable. We stayed in their standard pool villa, which is beautiful from any angle, inside and outside. Overlooking the pool and trees from the bed or looking at beautifully decorated villa from the pool deck – it’s absolutely stunning. September is a rainy season, so we stayed inside a lot, and as much as I was really gutted that it rained non-stop for a few days, just enjoying the views around me and relaxing in the comfy snugs inside the villa totally made it up for the lack of sunshine.
Resort smells great, jasmine scented amenities and incenses, flowers, the environment engages all the senses. Very overwhelming but soothing at the same time.
Thing which concerned me a bit was the welfare of ducks at the resort. They are adorable, there are couple of flocks of 2 different breeds around the resort, they gang up in the water around breakfast terrace and together with fish wait for bread treats thrown by guests. It’s an amazing experience, in a couple of days you recognize them and see that each one has a character, but there are a couple who look like they need some care (the small ones which are bullied by bigger ones have their tails pinched and looking sore) and I was looking around to try and find their shelter, but couldn’t find any. Goose is a domesticated bird, they need a dry covered shelter, like a small shed to hide from the rain and to rest for the night. There animals form a great part of guest experience and need to be treated like any other asset But they are all nice, active and fat, happily playing around, so it’s not a complaint.
In fact, there was nothing really to complain about, breakfast menu had all we needed, service was great, cleaning and turndown were exceptional, it is worth every penny they charge
I was very sad when we were leaving, I hope we’ll be back again. Of all hotels I’ve been to this will be the one I will recommend with a hand on my heart.
Thank you, Anatara team and see you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA and Ctrip TA so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas