“Absolutely stunning” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Mai Khao
Perth
“Absolutely stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Anantara, Phuket last year for our anniversary. We stayed in a lagoon villa and it was just magic. Origianlly we booked 8 days, but on the 6th day I extended the stay and changed our flights. We ended up staying 12 days in this paradise!!

The staff were excellent and we felt they were genuinely pleased to see us every morning. We made great friends there with the staff and I hope Mena and Yah are still there when we come back to visit this year.

Yes, we have decided that there is no other place we would rather celebrate our anniversary this year. Unfortunately due to work commitments we won't be there on the correct date of our anniversary.

The villa with private pool was great. The king sized bed was comfortable and you are able to choose what type of pillow you would like. I found the buckwheat pillow surprisingly good to sleep on!! The pool was a good length, allowing me to "torpedo" the length. We had so much fun lazing in the pool and torpedoing from one side to the other. I think we spent the majority of our time in the pool and were in danger of missing out on the Thailand experiences around us. The water was very nice and I had reservations about placing my head under water in a foreign country as I had never been here before but once I felt/seen the water and the high standard that the Anantara keeps my reservations disappeared very fast. I was doing handstands in the water and horsing about with my partner. I think on average we spent 12 hours a day in that pool.

Breakfast was unbelievable. I love mango's and felt guilty as I was eating so many but they kept bringing them out and I just cant help myself. You need to pace yourself with the breakfast and remember you will be there for more than one so don't try and fit everything in because you won't be able to. They have pastry's, Asian cuisine, cereals, eggs, bacon, toast, potato, rice, sushi, fruit.... Everything!

Once I had been there a while, Yah asked me if I would like traditional Thai breakfast. For the next 3 days I was treated to some of the nicest and finely prepared Thai breakfast's and felt so special to be getting this treatment. He also had the chef's prepare fresh juice for us both on the spot. Fantastic!

The restaurant prepares great meals but can be a little pricey so we only ate there a couple of nights during our stay. The coffee club near by is surprisingly good and if you want more traditional Thai I recommend seeking out "Uncle Lerns". Very well priced and fantastic food. There is the bill bently pub near by but we were not impressed with this at all.

The only down side I can think about the Anantara is its isolation, which is also an up side. Because of this, you're limited on food within walking distance. Also, shops are limited if your here on a shopping holiday. Turtle village is about 150m walk from the front desk and this is where coffee club, bill bently pub, and a fantastic ice creamery are. There is also a supermarket/deli underground and is good for toiletries/sunscreen/snacks.

My partner Helen and I will be returning from July 19th to 27th this year, 2012. (We have yet to book it). We are so excited to be heading back. We contemplated seeing somewhere different or staying in a different resort but could not see a reason why.

Dean.

Room Tip: The Sala Villa is nice, but I don't think its worth the extra $$ just to have the sala. We used...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Perth_32
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our second part of the honeymoon trip in Phuket was to stay at Anantara and we were not disappointed at all !!! Great villa , great pool ! They gave us a free cake to celebrate our honeymoon too !!

We also took a walk at the beach to watch the sun set and it's breathtaking !!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

When we arrived we were so impressed! Warm greeting, very friendly!!! Our son was given bread to feed the fish while my husband checked in. The room was amazing!!!!!! Soooo beautiful!!! We loved being in our villa and by the main pool. The beach was ok, big waves and no umbrellas on the beach but they did have chairs. The breakfast buffet was delicious so many choices and juice choices too (lemongrass, ginger, etc.)
We would stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BethJag
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Great service with extremely attentive staff and lovely accommodation. Perfect retreat for relaxation with a great selection of restaurants. A little out of the way from the main tourist destinations which is actually one of the appeals of the anantara. Each villa has its own wonderful private pool or the main pool is equally as relaxing with day beds in the water. The poolside food and activities are fantastic and the organised activities during the day and night dining options make a pleasant change from typical hotel or resort options. Will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Wooyou78
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I visited Anantara Phuket last week and fell in love. The service was amazing. I didn't want to leave and regret not booking a longer vacation! We loved our villa. It did get loud sometimes from the hotel nearby, but the privacy of the villa was great! I felt so relaxed and rejuvenated being here!! Would love to return :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
15.0 km away
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 94 in Thalang District

Been to Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK