My partner and I stayed at the Anantara, Phuket last year for our anniversary. We stayed in a lagoon villa and it was just magic. Origianlly we booked 8 days, but on the 6th day I extended the stay and changed our flights. We ended up staying 12 days in this paradise!!
The staff were excellent and we felt they were genuinely pleased to see us every morning. We made great friends there with the staff and I hope Mena and Yah are still there when we come back to visit this year.
Yes, we have decided that there is no other place we would rather celebrate our anniversary this year. Unfortunately due to work commitments we won't be there on the correct date of our anniversary.
The villa with private pool was great. The king sized bed was comfortable and you are able to choose what type of pillow you would like. I found the buckwheat pillow surprisingly good to sleep on!! The pool was a good length, allowing me to "torpedo" the length. We had so much fun lazing in the pool and torpedoing from one side to the other. I think we spent the majority of our time in the pool and were in danger of missing out on the Thailand experiences around us. The water was very nice and I had reservations about placing my head under water in a foreign country as I had never been here before but once I felt/seen the water and the high standard that the Anantara keeps my reservations disappeared very fast. I was doing handstands in the water and horsing about with my partner. I think on average we spent 12 hours a day in that pool.
Breakfast was unbelievable. I love mango's and felt guilty as I was eating so many but they kept bringing them out and I just cant help myself. You need to pace yourself with the breakfast and remember you will be there for more than one so don't try and fit everything in because you won't be able to. They have pastry's, Asian cuisine, cereals, eggs, bacon, toast, potato, rice, sushi, fruit.... Everything!
Once I had been there a while, Yah asked me if I would like traditional Thai breakfast. For the next 3 days I was treated to some of the nicest and finely prepared Thai breakfast's and felt so special to be getting this treatment. He also had the chef's prepare fresh juice for us both on the spot. Fantastic!
The restaurant prepares great meals but can be a little pricey so we only ate there a couple of nights during our stay. The coffee club near by is surprisingly good and if you want more traditional Thai I recommend seeking out "Uncle Lerns". Very well priced and fantastic food. There is the bill bently pub near by but we were not impressed with this at all.
The only down side I can think about the Anantara is its isolation, which is also an up side. Because of this, you're limited on food within walking distance. Also, shops are limited if your here on a shopping holiday. Turtle village is about 150m walk from the front desk and this is where coffee club, bill bently pub, and a fantastic ice creamery are. There is also a supermarket/deli underground and is good for toiletries/sunscreen/snacks.
My partner Helen and I will be returning from July 19th to 27th this year, 2012. (We have yet to book it). We are so excited to be heading back. We contemplated seeing somewhere different or staying in a different resort but could not see a reason why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas