We stayed for 2 nights as part of the invite to listen to their timeshare presentation.
Agreed to many reviewers. Anantara is a wonderful and beautiful resort. It is wide spread with matured vegetation, and meandering ponds filled with waterlilies and ducks.
Can take the bicycles to explore both the hotel and the surrounding areas.
The beach was ok, abit of a slope to go down and is a quiet beach.
The lawn to the beach can be improved as there are patches of 'bald' lawn, probably from heavy traffic.
We stayed in the one bed room villa, the king sized bed is bigger than average (can easily fit in 3 or 4 people, with a side day bed which is just nice to relax to read. The room came with many amenities including slippers for walking outside, casual bag for going to the beach (not to be taken home, mind you), good shampoo and lotion. They can supply toothbrushes and shavers, if you have forgotten to bring yours.
The pool is stunning, maximum height of 5.5 ft (I think) with an outdoor bathtub too, suitable for a flower bath in the night. (they supplied the flowers too)
We spent lots of time, just lounging around our own pool.
If this is your first time to Phuket, spend some time in other hotels before going to Anantara because when you are in Anantara, you wont want to leave the hotel.
If not in Anantara, one can go to the Turtle Village next door where the prices are more reasonable.
Well, there is the Esprit Outlet next door offering discounts up to 70% off. And a grocery shop too for essentials.
Yes, we have a wonderful time, just relaxing, having some good R&R time. We will be back, next time with our children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas