“Cheap and cheerful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

The lagotel is a nice, friendly family all inclusive hotel, great entertainment team, loads of daily activities. Stunning pools and plenty of space to sunbathe.
Only down side is that it's near lots of marsh land and there are loads of Mosquitos but use deet and you'll be fine

• Stayed September 2011
19 Thank Laura1984
ricardeix, e-comerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Hola
Thanks for your nice words.
we hope to see you again soon.
Best regards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Had a fantastic time there hotel could be more friendly and the reps could be better, kev slipped on the wet floor where the maids had been mopping and no warning signs to say it was wet outside our room, food wasn't brill but could always find something to eat would go back but defo have to be all inclusive as it's very expensive there,

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Kempsters
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Went here with my husband and 3 children, we loved it. Kids club was brill, the food was nice, rooms are clean and spacious, the only thing that I found wrong was the snack bar closed too early, but other than that a brilliant place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
12 Thank laura h
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Hola
Many thks for your nice words
We will remain working hart.
Best regards from a (now) cold Mallorca
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed in the Lagotel Hotel in September for a week. Travelled with First Choice who arranged transport from the airport. It was pouring rain when we arrived and there was rain coming in the window and celing of the bus, there was so much it was on the floor of the bus and runnng down the passengers. When we got to the hotel, check-in was fast and we would be still in time for lunch if we hurried. We took our luggage to our room and went to the restaurant, I was disappointed as there was only a few cold bits left, I tried asking the staff for hot fresh food but nobody understood. We just thought we will manage until evening.
The room was spacious with a nice balcony,, we were overlooking the pool area which was nice. Just down from that there was a building with chimneys could be a factory which gave a bad smell at times when we had to close the balcony doors, we also found a bad smell through the hotel during the morning which we assumed was from the same place. This hotel in my opinion was more like apartments.
We hired the safe for the week. No pool towels available to hire you must bring your own. Swimming pool entrance is not until 10a.m. and closes at 6p.m. There was no shortage of sunloungers but it was September so it may be different in high season.
Food was OK but some of it was not great, we were all inclusive and it was the worst all inclusive foodwise we have experienced.
The beds are rock hard we put a blanket over the mattress for comfort. Our sheets the first night had marks (looked like stains) at the bottom, we didn't complain, but on Tuesday we went to the market in Alcudia which we enjoyed and when we returned to our room to change we noticed the sheets had been changed to be replaced by ones with holes, the maid could not have missed this as the holes were in the middle. I went to reception and explained, no apology, I asked for new ones and said I'd make the bed myself, he say no problem your in the right place I'll get the maid to change them. I mentioned this to the First Choice childrens rep who was amazed and told me I should mention it to our official First Choice Rep which I did that evening. I was so sorry I did, I was shocked and embarrased by her attitude, her comment was some people class this as a 5 Star Hotel, again no apology. Our bed was never made properly after that.
The evening before we were due to leave, I decided to return the key of the safe, in the morning we had left our money, jewellery etc around the room while we went for breakfast with the "Do Not Disturb" sign clearly visible on the outside of the door. We returned from breakfast to find the cleaner had been in our room and had stripped the bed. This was 9a.m. and we were allowed to be in that room until 12 Noon. Was this revenge for complaining about the sheets.
We enjoyed the entertainment and there was entertainment for children in the evening. We did not travel with children but I would not recommend this hotel for anybody with children as I could see no security and there was an entrance at the back of the hotel leading across the road to another pool, non residents could freely walk in an out of the hotel.
There was a courtesy bus from the hotel to the beach every day and you were given a snack to take with you if you booked it in advance which we did, don't bother with the snack it is very basic.
I definitely would not return to this hotel and would not recommend it.
Reading the other reviews before we went on holiday I noticed the Hotel leave messages to previous guests with comments, I suggest they deal with the guests while they are on the premises and when there is a problem deal with it and not ignore it. Very disappointed with Lagotel Hotel and First Choice.

Room Tip: No suggestions
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
19 Thank rosiemLondon
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Now, before I start reviweing, I'm an 11-year-old boy, so I would only read this if you have kids! Lagotel was great! We stayed there for the October half term and it was brilliant. Get ready because I'm going to tell you what it is like for kids!

First things first, the food was OK, but that is coming from the fussiest eater you'll ever meet. I would have eaten a lot more there if it was hotter- most of it was just warm! But my mum and dad (and sisters) thought it was very good. There was a great choice for everyone- including lots of chips, loin steak, vegetable stir-fry, and loads of scrumptious puddings. In my opinion, the best bit was the snack bar, where you could go up at any time in the day and get a plate of chips, nuggets, a burger, hot dogs and other things. The choice of drinks was brill, too!

Most of the staff were quite friendly, especially the lady running the snack bar! The entertainment was... OK, really. Most nights it was a disco for little kids, bingo, and then a musician of some kind. The musicians were good, but I suppose it got a little boring after a while.

The swimming pool was great but very cold! If want warmer water to swim in, have a walk down to the beach - its amazing! The sand is very nice -no lumps or rocks- and the sea is perfect for swimming in. It is very clear and fun to mess around in.

The rooms were awesome even though there where only a few channels on the TV in English! Most balconies have pretty nice views and the beds were reasonably comfy. The games room was good as well, with all games costing 1 euro. Another good thing- The pool tables costed 2 euros a game and it was always fun to play! I did think the sports were slightly overpriced though- It was 10 euros for a game of crazy golf for a family of five.

So all in all it was a great place to stay! Now I shall finish with my top tips for kids:

1. Ask the barman for a fruit cocktail- they're really nice!
2. Give the kids club a go. I didn't myself but if you enjoy that type of thing then it looks like the place to be.
3. Don't slowly get in the swimming pool- JUMP!

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
50 Thank 11_year_old_reviews
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Hola amigo!
Thanks for your nice review, we all enjoyed reading it we have a big smile on our faces.
Hope to see you again.
OLA Hotel Maioris
OLA Hotel Maioris
#1 of 48 in El Arenal
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,252 reviews

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK