All reviews special thanks food truck shower and toilet dunas bar incredible hotel junior suites are towel cards family room foam party half board bubble pool fabulous location the main swimming pool recommend this hotel to anyone kids pool fantastic family breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I booked a very last minute solo holiday in Mallorca the first week of September. I was very lucky there was a spot for me left in this Iberostar hotel. I went there for relaxing, eating a lot of food, and some sports.
I asked for a quiet room, so away from the evening entertainment. The room faced the busy street, but it had sunshine on the balcony in the evening, while there isn’t any anywhere in the hotel anymore. The room was very ok for one person. Maybe it would be a little cramped for 2, with no privacy. (Of course the price for the safe is completely ridiculous and unacceptable.) The fridge was very handy. The walls are paper thin and there is a lot of noice from the street, but yet I slept like a baby.
The room was kept very clean, sometimes with a sweet treat. And very rare: there was enough light and enough mirrors in the room.
Breakfast is wonderful! So much choice, also healthy options and also for people with allergies. All the drinks you want, even sparkling wine. There was not a lot of variation in food over the different days, but there is so much on offer that that is not a problem. There was enough space to eat on the terrace outside, in the sun or the shade.
Dinner was also great! Lots of choices, variation between the days. Almost no healthy warm food though, vegetables were extremely oily.
I think it’s an enormous disgrace that you don’t get anything to drink if you chose half board, not even water. They said it’s because the hotel is on an island, so water is very expensive. But in the morning you can get everything you want, including water, coffee and thee. So that excuse doesn’t make any sense.
Unless I came when the restaurant opened, I had no place to sit outside for dinner, so I had to sit in the cold airconditioning. Since there is no sun in the hotel in the evening, you can’t have dinner in the outside in the sun.
The inside of the hotel is quite bare, but the outside is very beautiful, with a lovely beach area. It’s very clean all over. The free WiFi works perfectly all over the hotel. It is not allowed to reserve loungechairs with towels :-)
The staff is extremely friendly everywhere, very pleasant. It’s a family friendly hotel, but I was never bothered by loud children of annoying animation. The guests are mainly couples with very young children.
I enjoyed the yoga, pilates, Zumba, aqua fit,…
The hotel is not equipped to deal with bad weather. There is no nice inside area. When it rains, staff has to place towels by every door and the dining area becomes even more slippery than usual.
It is a 5 minute walk along the beach to the windsurf area of Watersports Mallorca and a 10 minute walk to the kitesurf area. I really enjoyed all their different watersport options, I can really recommend.
I had a really great stay at this hotel. Except for no water at dinner, I don’t have any big negatives. I can absolutely recommend this hotel. I still think about breakfast and dinner there often :-) Thanks for the great service!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Veerle S
Hoteles2017, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for making IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro the hotel of choice for your holiday. Your review is another incentive for us to continue working in a positive and motivated fashion to give our absolute best so our guests feel as comfortable as you were.

We would like to express our appreciation for your helpful feedback and we will certainly make sure it is brought to the attention of the appropriate management. We thoroughly appreciate the importance of such details as they assist us in our quest to provide our guests with the very best experiences whilst in our hospitality.

Again we thank you for your kind words and look forward to your next visit to an IBEROSTAR Hotel.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Love so much about this hotel right on the beach in the most enviable location every! The main swimming pool is nice and long and perfect for swimming laps. The children's pool is in a different section so we had a fairly peaceful time of it sticking with the mostly adult area. There's a bar alongside the pool and daily entertainment poolside. The cherry on top is that staff bring around little treats through the day as you bake in the sun - cup full of strawberries or a chilled fruit juice for example. Entertainment isn't in your face but well chosen. Some days I joined in with the aqua aerobics and was tempted by the yoga but didn't bite. None of the activities are intrusive.

Food-wise they served up some of the better food I've had in hotels at this level. It was important to me that there were plenty of vegetarian options so I checked beforehand that they would have main course options that would were suitable. On arrival I found that there really weren't that many main course vegetarian options beyond pizza and pasta so I resigned to making the most of the salads. For vegans there was almond or soya milk on offer and dairy-free yoghurt at breakfast. Quite a few of the items labelled as vegetarian were not vegatarian and had fish or meat. The hotel is trying to cater to people who don't eat meat or fish but they aren't quite there yet. Vegetarian moussaka with meatand vegetarian green jelly desert made with gelatine got me chuckling but also disappointed. A little more training of staff is required before they are properly vegetarian friendly, but they are almost there. Well done for trying!

The room was on the small side with very little storage but I had read the reviews so was not surprised and planned accordingly. The fridge was much appreciated and nicely cool and the air condition like the free wifi was excellent. Staff were lovely and there is a bus stop right outside the hotel where you can catch a bus to Puerta Pollensa or the charming historic old town of Alcudia. Make an early start as the buses are often full and don't stop and taxis are a challenge to find.

I would return in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2017
Hoteles2017, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear guest,

First and foremost we want to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for your friendly review and at the same time for your constructive review of IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro.

Thank you also for your constructive feedback, we are always happy to receive suggestions on how we can improve our hotel to better satisfy our guests wherever possible now and in the future.

Once more we want you to know that your detailed description is appreciated. It is nice to know that you had such a good time with us because of our efforts and we hope to have the honour to repeat this experience for you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

The staff is very friendly, the food is awesome, there are many activities for children and all kinds of nice small services like the staff walking among the people at the pool offering juices or granitas to kids. And the sea in the bay is shallow so also great for little kids. Altogether a great place for families. And the food is really awesome:)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JurajP117
Hoteles2017, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear guest,

We want you to know how happy we are that you had such an excellent holiday with us at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro and thank you for sharing it with others.

Our team will be particularly pleased by your praise, our staff is not only particularly hospitable but are also provided continuous training in terms of service and general working practice. Therefore we are very pleased that both the efforts of our employees and our passionately prepared gastronomy have left a good impression on you.

Thank you again for sharing your motivating comments and we look forward to serving you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Before I tell you why we might not return, let me first tell you why this hotel is actually really nice.

Beach: Playa de Muro is lovely. Of course, you don’t necessarily need to be in this hotel to enjoy this beach. Nevertheless, the beach is a big plus. Even in October, one gets sunshine from early morning to about 5 pm, so plenty of time to charge the sun batteries.

Hotel: Hotel is very nice: beautiful design, lush and nicely taken care of Mediterranean vegetation, and several swimming pools in the midst of it.
The area around swimming pools, outside restaurants, and inner halls are all very well taken care off: gardeners, cleaning staff, painters, janitors - they can all be seen early mornings focused on their work. And the outcome is clearly visible: it’s a very pleasant, clean and nicely managed hotel.

Restaurant: For the nine days we were there, we didn’t have any repeated menus. The diversity and quality was very good, including some quite unique dishes. For few nights they had special evenings (Spanish evening, Japanese evening, Mallorca evening, Mexico evening) with a specific dishes for those countries, which I found very nice.

Staff: 50 points! I really liked the staff, starting from reception to entertainment, to the restaurant staff. They are energetic, uplifting, and fun to be around. They really do put their heart into all they do and it makes a huge difference.
I’ve been to several hotels (of similar standard) but I never found such a happy bunch anywhere else. If we ever go back, it would be mainly because of the people working there.

Now, why not back: When we booked our room (and we were pretty late, only month before our travel) the only available room was so called “standard family room”. I didn’t realize at the time that there was anything else, because the “beach/sea view” was not even offered. Standard rooms are facing (partially) parking and partially facing a busy (and actually quite smelly) street in the back of the hotel. We had the last one in the row which faced the street.
Now, I realize one cannot choose it, it just how the dice fell – we could have been further down (away from the street). But it turns out we had (in my opinion) the worst room. We didn’t feel like opening the window (because of the noise and smell), and additionally, all standard rooms face north so there’s no sunlight. In summer, that might not have been an issue, but in autumn when I came to Mallorca to charge some sun batteries, it was a necessity. All in all, we spent most of our days outside, using room only for sleeping. It was fabulous weather though (almost every day) so we didn’t mind staying outdoors all the time.
An the last bit: the hotel and rooms are newly renovated, and one can see that, it clearly looks new. There’s one design bit that didn’t really work well: all the toilet cubicles/shower cabins have glass matte doors. You don’t see everything, but you actually see enough, and as the toilets/ showers open directly into the living area (not a closed bathroom), it means that all the visual, olfactory and audio inputs are there for all family members to “enjoy” while you do you business. We got used to it after a while, but though it might look like a nice design, in practical terms, it’s a failure.

So, all in all, it’s a really nice hotel. In my opinion, if we do go back again, it will be only if we manage to book a “sea /beach room”. Hope this was helpful :)

Room Tip: Beach/pool rooms face south, with plenty of sunshine, and away from the busy street in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank BrownDove
Hoteles2017, Quality manager at Iberostar Playa de Muro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your particularly pleasant and helpful review of your recent stay with us at IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro.

The quality service from of our staff, our numerous facilities and excellent gastronomy prepared with great care by our executive chefs should provide our guests a unique holiday experience.

Of course, we will also gladly investigate the areas of concern you raise in your review as it is through constant dialogue with our guests we can always be made aware of their particular wishes and preferences and thus ensure their well-being and satisfaction whilst staying at our hotel in the future.

Again we thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we will be delighted to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed for one week and had a great time in this nice hotel. No complains at all, very nice staff, good food, great locaction just on the sea side, nice rooms, friendliy people. We can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

Your review of IBEROSTAR Playa de Muro is very much appreciated. We are always very happy to receive clarification that our guests have enjoyed a wonderful holiday and have left with happy memories.

Our combination of both competent and friendly service is one of our main priorities and we are constantly working to provide our guests with a genuine all-round experience.

Again, we thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.