All reviews the main house function room bridal suite forge valley wedding venue daughters wedding the general manager sunday lunch peace and quiet dalby forest north yorkshire pot of tea this lovely hotel two night stay evening meal bit dated lounge area
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Using our daughters gift of Afternoon Tea by Smartbox, by buyagift I booked it at Hackness Grange Country House Hotel ,a fortnight before our stay in Scarborough. After a lovely short drive to the hotel we were made very welcome and escorted to our table which was in a smart dining room. Having stated that we would prefer to have Tea as our drink the waiter left and told the chef what we had requested and that we would prefer to have a glass of Prosecco after the afternoon tea. The cake stand was brought in and placed on the table which was set in the window area and gave us a lovely vista. The whole assembly was delightful with ham , cheese and chutney and salmon sandwiches, and the lightest of scones with cream and jam which melted in the mouth. They were verging on being a butter shortbread. There were Profiteroles, Victoria sponge cakes with cream, Honey and butterscotch tartlets and a lovely delicate raspberry jelly. We had a lovely conversation with the under manager talking about the building and its location and the venue for weddings on the island. This was a beautiful outing for me and my wife and I would recommend it to people who love quality time and food in classic surroundings.

Stayed: October 2018
2  Thank gangan67
Roger B, Owner at Hackness Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Hi, many thanks for taking the time to write your review on your Afternoon Tea experience. I am so happy that your daughter chose us to gift to you our afternoon tea and that you enjoyed it. The chefs work hard at trying to make lovely home made pastries and cakes for the afternoon tea and they appreciate having feedback. Once again thank you for taking the time for writing your review, please do revisit us. Regards Roger

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Stayed here with a disabled gentleman for two nights, this was his main holiday for the year so it's important that things are right for him.

After checking in and sorting our rooms out it was discovered that the other gentlmans TV wasn't working, TV is a major part of this gentlmans life and so is vitally important, we told the front desk and the member of staff happily came to take a look. He couldn't get it working and was more than happy to allow the gentleman to change rooms, fortunately the new room was directly across the hall so it wasn't a problem.

We stayed two nights and in the main house in rooms that were both comfortable and well appointed. The ensuites were of a good size.

I was taken ill just after we checked out, we were fortunately in the car park. We had just spent some time feeding the ducks and walking around the pond before leaving. We made our way back to the hotel, where I called my office for assistance as there was no mobile reception, they arranged for someone to come and take over from me. During our wait the staff were excellent we were furnished with food and drink and I was checked over by the first aider, and for a good hour or so he checked on my condition several times. After that a member of staff was always within easy distance until my replacement arrived a couple of hours later.

The care I recieved was first rate and I will be returning again but this time with my wife on a proper holiday.

Many many thanks to all concerned

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank blades1701
Roger B, Owner at Hackness Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to read that you and your friend enjoyed your stay and that your experience with the tv not working was quickly resolved. I have passed on your comments to the team who are appreciative of guests who take the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife in the not to near future. Regards Roger

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of being treated to an overnight stay with two friends at this beautiful hotel.
We were given a warm welcome at reception and shown to our lovely spacious suite in the “Princes tower”. This comprised of both a double room and a twin room, lovely tasteful bathroom and lounge seating area with TV and tea & coffee making facilities complete with biscuits!!
I was lucky enough to have the double room all to myself. This had lovely french doors leading out on to a small balcony area with the most beautiful views of the grounds, and the room was very tastefully decorated.
We settled down for a while in the lounge area with a welcome cuppa and enjoyed chatting, no need of the TV, as who wants that when there is so much else to do.
We later went down to dinner which was absolutely delicious!! The staff were very attentive and courteous and nothing was too much trouble.
We even had the pleasure of being joined by Roger and Pinky the owners of the hotel who were absolutely charming.
We later retired to bed, which I have to say mine was the most comfortable bed and pillows, better than any other hotel I have ever stayed in, so I had the best nights sleep I have had for a while. As did my friends!
In the morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast before leaving.
All in all a wonderful treat and I would not hesitate to recommend this charming hotel to anyone wishing to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life!*****

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank FlossieFlinton

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so happy to read that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves with us and I have passed on your comments to the whole team. Many thanks. Roger

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Our wedding was held at the stunning and beautiful setting of Hackness Grange Hotel on 1st Sept 2018 and we were the first to be wed on their wonderful island location.
The hard work that was put in by the Hackness management team to get the island finished for us was amazing. They were still out in the dark the night before the big day drilling the decking down!! (I even got to drill in the last screw!). Such a spectacular place to get married, hopefully the photos will do the place justice!
Food - We were treated to a taster menu to help us choose, which was served with ample wine to try! All options were good so difficult to choose.
The food was fantastic on the day, and the wine was served regular so we never saw an empty glass. Evening hog roast went down extremely well also.
Honeymoon suite – Fantastic room with a gorgeous freestanding bath overlooking the views to the rear of the Hotel. Bathroom was lovely, very modern. Note to future Brides, do not lock the Groom out of the room and pass out on the bed!
The day ran like clockwork and was perfect all round…. Massive thanks to Sharron, Roger and the rest of the team who were all fantastic and very attentive.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VickyForbes
Roger B, Owner at Hackness Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Vicky, many thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your wedding with us and more so that we managed to get the Island ready for your use, it certainly was a challenge! The staff and I really enjoyed meeting you both and working together to making sure that you wedding went smoothly and we all look forward to welcoming you back any time to revisit and hopefully see some of he lovely photos that I am sure were taken on the day. All the best for the future Roger, Sharron and the Team.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time staying at Hackness. Staff was courteous and helpful - dinner was a delight. Situated in a quiet corner not far from Scarborough, this was a lovely weekend escape. Perfect for guests with dogs as our furry terrier friend Thompson had a smashing time running around the grounds

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tinycactus888

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor, I am happy to read that you and your four legged friend enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your revisit. Regards Roger