See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2015

We really enjoyed our stay with Linda. After a long days cycle it was wonderful to sit in her beautiful garden with a cup of tea & watch the fish rise! Excellent rooms & a very good breakfast. Linda was extremely helpful with local knowledge & advice. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms excellent. Real bonus was the beautiful garden to sit & relax in.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We arrived at Ty Aven early afternoon, unloaded the car and were shown to a lovely clean room with a proper en-suite bathroom, not a pokey little cabinet, quite a relief as I am a big bloke. The bed looked immaculate and turned out to be very comfortable. Went out early to dine in the village, then came back in time for the boss to watch Corrie on the flat screen TV in the bedroom, while I went down the beautiful garden to watch the fish rising in the river. I was offered the free loan of fishing tackle, but just sat with a glass and a cigar and enjoyed the tranquility. The English breakfast was a bit on the large size, so didn't have to buy lunch that day. All in all, a wonderful stay,and we would go out of our way to stay there again. Thanks.

Room Tip: Choose a double, twin or family room, all are equally nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor W
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed for one night on a cycling trip along the canal. Very friendly and welcoming with wonderful garden to sit out in. Very attractive and comfortable room. Bikes stored securely without problem. Recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2012

It may not look great from the outside front but inside and at the back it is wonderful, fantastic rooms, wonderful warm welcome from Linda and Trevor who could not have been more friendly. At the back, the house backs onto the beautiful old mill pond with a stunning garden and decked bank for fishing - rods and bait supplied - heaven! - and the cooked breakfast was to die for! I can't recommend it too highly - go there!

Room Tip: They are all beautifully decorated with all facilities and five star bathrooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I arrived at Ty Aven after a long day cycling along the Brest/ Nantes ship canal. I was immediately made welcome by Linda West who gave me an enormous ensuite bedroom with a modern TV and for the first time in France (for me) British/ American satellite programmes. I spent an enjoyable evening in the village which had a reasonable selection of bars and restaurants and the local shop allowed me to fill my panniers with essentials before the next days cycling. Before my departure I enjoyed an excellent continental breakfast. If you are an English speaker wanting to visit a 'home from home' in the heart of the Breton countryside then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo