Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Excellent cooking class!

We had an amazing experience at Rita’s Cookery class! When we arrived Rita and her husband Mukund... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Evav1806
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
via mobile
Perfect activity in Goa

The class was really great we learnt about all the spices and cooked different meals. Rita and her... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
floriang49
via mobile

All reviews cooking class her husband the kitchen market tour masala chai beautiful garden dishes goa instructions teacher teaching portuguese
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

It was really an amazing experience and the best thing to do in Goa where you can see the really locals living there daily life and see the culture behind the market after that the good food will be serve with the amazing rita.

Date of experience: December 2016
Rita_Shinde, Owner at Rita's Gourmet Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Dear friend,

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for reviewing us. We are so glad to know that you loved the entire culinary tour experience and moreover fascinated with the rich Indian culture. I along with my staff extend our regards to you.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Went with three of my children for a 5 hour class
We all enjoyed a visit to the market picking up fish and materials for the day then Spent the rest of morning making a starter and three main courses as well as a sweet - great fun and learned a lot about Goan cooking
Rita and her staff made it very enjoyable - would recommend

Dear Youni,

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us and recommendation. Appreciate! It was such a nice feeling to enjoy cooking with the entire family and equally so glad to know that you loved the entire culinary tour experience. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our regards to all.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent day with Rita.
Breakfast on arrival followed by a tour of the local farmers market which was fascinating and informative (we have stocked up ready for our return to the UK).
Then cooking, 3 kinds of bread, a prawn starter, 3 mains and a desert. All great and cooked by us under Rita's watchful eye.
We learnt lots, ate too much and came away with some great memories.
I would recommend!

Dear Richard,

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us and recommendation. Appreciate! We are so glad to know that you loved the cooking experience. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our regards to you.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Many thanks Rita & staff for the market tour & cooking instruction. Brilliant day, wonderful quality food & insight into Goan culture. Rita is passionate about cooking which is reflected in her professional high quality classes. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank 835jillh

Dear Jill,

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us. Appreciate! We are so glad to know that you loved the shore culinary tour experience organised for the Cruise ship guests. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our regards to you.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I attended to the 5 hours Goan cuisine cooking course with Rita - before I attended the course, Rita and her husband were very responsive to my enquiries via emails/phone and provided me with all necessary information. I understand that Rita is happy to provide the course even when there is only one attendee. Rita's venue was only 5-10 mins drive away from Dabolim airport (by taxi it would be about 200 rupees), which was convenient for me to go to since I just landed Goa that morning.

I felt extremely welcomed by Rita and her husband once I arrived to the venue, which was particularly nice since I was travelling solo. The venue itself was very colourful and beautiful - it was outdoor with cover which made it a very relaxing environment!

Rita provided traditional Indian breakfast, gave a tour of a local market (Vasco market as I remembered), and the main part of the course was the interactive lesson on cooking Goan dishes as well as desserts. Throughout the course, Rita patiently explained all ingredients/dishes and answered all questions I had, she was extremely informative and I felt like I have learnt a lot in a relatively short period of time! Rita also made sure that I have a proper go at preparing and cooking the food e.g. cutting the fish, mixing the sauce, marinating the chicken, rolling the dough etc. Rita also has to assistants who were of great help.

Rita sent me a follow up email with all recipes as well as photos taken from her DSLR during the cooking course, how considerate!

Rita's passion on cooking was absolutely admirable and I have learnt so much from her, really you can't ask for a better teacher/course in Goa - it was the perfect start to my trip to Goa!

Date of experience: December 2016
Rita S, Owner at Rita's Gourmet Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Olivia,

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us so elaborately. Appreciate! We are so glad to know that you loved the cooking class and the local farmer's market tour experience. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our best wishes to you.

Kind regards,