Open today: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent cooking class!

We had an amazing experience at Rita’s Cookery class! When we arrived Rita and her husband Mukund... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Evav1806
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
via mobile
Perfect activity in Goa

The class was really great we learnt about all the spices and cooked different meals. Rita and her... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
floriang49
via mobile

All reviews cooking class her husband the kitchen market tour masala chai beautiful garden dishes goa instructions teacher teaching portuguese
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 December 2016

My wife and I attended a course at Rita's Gourmet in November. This involved cooking breakfast of dosas, puris and their accompaniments. We then went shopping for our lunch ingredients in the market at Vasco da Gama. We then cooked lunch consisting of characteristic Goan fish dishes, which were all delicious. I forget the names of the dishes, but have the recipes squirrelled away in our recipes folder for future enjoyment. Rita's warmth and hospitality all made for a very enjoyable and instructive half-days course.

1  Thank Tarakan1917
Rita S, Owner at Rita's Gourmet Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us and recommending the class. We are so glad to know that you loved the cooking class and the local farmer's market tour experience. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our best wishes to you.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

How else do you get to spend a day in the home of a local, have a meal together, shop her local farmer's market when you are in a foreign country and a strange city? Rita is the best. From her first responsive email to her transfer instructions off our cruise ship this week, she was professional, patient (with all my questions), kind and helpful. This is a woman who can cook! We enjoyed the welcome marsala chai she prepared in her beautiful courtyard commercial kitchen, covered from the hot sun and surrounded by her palms and gardens, explaining all the spices as they were freshly pounded. We then ate an authentic Indian hot breakfast, several sweet cakes (hubby loved having cake for breakfast!) and tasted some fruits we didn't know. After a tour of her garden and home, we set to work chopping, stirring, cooking, baking, kneading, tasting.... then sat to eat a feast! Fish. Chicken. Curry. Vegetables. Rice. Hot shrimp appies. It was the best Indian food we have ever eaten served by the most gracious of hostesses. I can't think of a better way to experience India, or Goa, then by spending a day with Rita who kindly answered all our questions and gave us a day where two worlds coincided. Way better than a day visiting yet another temple, mosque or tourist trap. It will be the day we will remember the best India has to offer!

2  Thank JDarlene

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us extensively and recommending the class. We are so glad to know that you loved every part of the cooking class and the local farmer's market tour experience. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our best wishes to you. We wish you a Bon Voyage and Good health!

Reviewed 30 November 2016

My husband and I spent 5 days in Goa and Rita's cooking class was our favorite part! Rita is so friendly and informative. She took us to the farmer's market and explained every piece of produce and fish that we didn't recognize. The cooking part was fast paced and exciting, and Rita and her helpers were amazing every step of the way. We would definitely go back!

1  Thank Stefanie D

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us. We are so glad to know that you loved the cooking class and the local farmer's market tour experience. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our best wishes to you. And of course will look forward to your next visit to Goa.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Treat yourself and sign up for a course with Rita. The recipes we made were delicious and authentic. From the start of the time together through to shopping at the day market for ingredients to cooking the meal and ending with fond farewells (and aprons) we felt taken care of by a knowledgeable master of the culture and the cooking.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Rita was extremely well-organized (very hard to find in India!): prompt in her response by emails and quick to explain any questions. Not only so, she really makes you cook, and guided by her professional instructions, the dishes came out wonderful! Her staff was very helpful, as well. We try to avoid oil and fat (quite hard to do in India), and Rita accommodated all my requests (no fried food, lots of seafood). She gave excellent suggestions as to how we should be able to modify the recipes when we get home, according to available ingredients. The market tour is a must. There are cheaper cooking classes, but you will not regret taking her class!

Greetings from Rita's Gourmet Goa.

Thank you for taking time out to review us. We are so glad to know that you loved the cooking class experience as well the market tour and yes also the somewhat oil free cooking. We also hope you will recreate the dishes learnt back in your kitchen. I along with my staff extend our best wishes to you.