Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible gourmet experience

I spent the most wonderful day with the talented Rita and her wonderful team! The course completely... read more

Reviewed today
buncebrit
Verona, Italy
via mobile
Amazing!

We want to Rita's class in september and it was such an amazing experience, I'm a chef, and I was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Eduardo S
via mobile

All reviews cooking class local market her husband the kitchen fish market indian food delicious dishes learning how cooking course chai learn how amazing teacher prawns feel at home the real deal explained everything lovely lunch
Reviewed 12 April 2015

I do a cooking class every time I travel and this has been by far the best. Rita welcomed us so warmly into her kitchen and my friend and I had a wonderful day. We had a lovely breakfast to start before we visited the local market to buy ingredients. Rita taught us many things about the flavours and ingredients we would use. She kindly bought anything we thought was unusual or interesting for us to taste back at her home. We then began our cooking and due to the small class size of only 4, we were always hands-on. We made a great selection of Indo-Goan cuisine (appetizers, main courses, accompaniments and dessert) with plentiful refreshments of water, beer and juice. Rita's husband also joined us for a chat while we had our meal. It was lovely to see how involved and interested the whole family are in making sure we had a great time. Rita's kitchen is a wide open space, beautifully decorated. Rita is a knowledgable lady who goes the extra mile to make sure everyone is having a great time. We received a certificate, a recipe booklet and an apron at the end of the course. Rita also emailed a more comprenhensive recipe booklet and pictures taken during the class. I can't wait to make the dishes I have learnt with Rita's guidance. Highly recommend this great cooking class- it was the highlight of my trip to Goa.

2  Thank AisMc2013
Rita_Shinde, Owner at Rita's Gourmet Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2015

Greetings to you...!
Thankyou Aisleen for appreciating and enjoying the cookery class at my place. Hope the recipes learnt will find place in your kitchen. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.
Thanks and Best Wishes

Reviewed 6 April 2015

I was in Goa on business and spent a day at Rita's in Dabolim, doing the Indian (rather than Goan) cookery day.

On early morning arrival (well 0930..........) we were warmly greeted by Rita, and were offered drinks and then a savoury breakfast, which we cooked ourselves (OK, some help from Rita.....). The well equipped kitchen was outdoors under cover in the garden of Rita and her husband's charming home. Two cheerful assistants did all the advance preparation of ingredients, which was much appreciated.

Next, down to the local market to select the ingredients for lunch. It was enlightening being with an expert who could identify all the exotic fruit and veg on view in this lively place.

Then back to the kitchen to cook a mid-morning snack and a generous lunch, which we ate inside Rita's home. Butter chicken and several different breads were the highlight for me, although everything was really good.......

Rita is a genuinely charming and humorous lady, who is both a talented cook and patient teacher. I will be back again on my next visit to Goa, for another course, without doubt.

In summary, I can't recommend Rita's highly enough..........

3  Thank CT53
Rita S, Owner at Rita's Gourmet Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Greetings to you...!
Thankyou for reviewing the cookery workshop experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the day's cooking session. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

I attended Rita's gourmet goa on a 5 day comprehensive cooking course. I work in the catering industry and when abroad find that taking part in cooking classes is the best way to learn about the local food and the best way to prepare it (other than actually working in a pro kitchen). After a fair bit of research i decided that Rita's was the best bet and I have to say the classes did not disappointe. We had exchanged emails previous to my visit to discuss my options and if there was anything specific I would like to cover.
The course was spread over 5 days, starting at 0930 and usually finishing somewhere between 1500/1600.
Each day started with a detailed printed itinerary of the day ahead, along with all the recipes printed on headed paper, a nice touch.
The day stated with bfast, which you prepare and cook yourself,sambar, coconut chutney, idlis, chapattis, roti, puri,stuffed paratha, tomato chutney and more spread over the days.
I particularly enjoyed this part of the course, everything was pretty quick and relatively easy, hot and fresh.
We would then have time to enjoy breakfast with a cup of chai and a chat.
It was then on to lunch preparation. We would cover around 8 different dishes per day, vegi, meat, fish, rice a dessert. All goan or goan/Portuguese
Chicken Cafreal, lamb vindaloo, fish curry rice, crab xec xec and many more.
Each dish was prepared freshly, masalas made as needed, sharks cleaned, crabs preped!
Any questions about the dishes (or any other dish for that matter) were answered clearly and with a smile.
Lunch would be served around 1530, with a cold beer, fresh coconut water or any other drink of choice.
All in all a very worth while experience hosted by a very knowledgeable and talented lady, Rita.

3  Thank Ross I

Greetings to you Ross...!
Thankyou for reviewing the cookery workshop experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the comprehensive 5 days cooking session in Goan Cuisine. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

My sister and I joined two others from our cruise ship for a fun day of cooking and shopping with Rita's Gourmet. Rita arranged a pickup from our ship, took us on a shopping adventure through the local market, and guided us through creating 7 authentic and tasty dishes! Her hospitality was superb! We had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Rita's husband and daughter. It was a treat to spend time with such a special family. After two delicious meals (breakfast upon our arrival and the great lunch we prepared) we sadly said farewell. We were on a tight time schedule and Rita made sure we were back on our ship in time for its sailing. Rita followed up with an e-packet of recipes and photos in addition to the packet we received in our class. It was a fabulous experience!

3  Thank CarolBart

Thankyou Carol for reviewing the culinary tour experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the day's culinary workshop. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.

Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Our third cruise port was Goa. Today Jennifer and Phil, a couple we met on the cruise ship, joined us for a memorable cooking class with Rita Shinde (www.Ritasgourmetgoa.com). We visited the local vegetable and fish markets to purchase ingredients and then cooked 7 dishes in Rita's outdoor kitchen. The food was great and Rita and her husband were thoughtful, generous hosts. Lunch was delish!!

Thank you Rita!!

Greetings to you Nancy..!
Thankyou for reviewing the culinary tour experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed the day's culinary session. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.