Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Outstanding

My first visit to India with 3 friends, and The experience with Rita and her lovely team was truly... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
CathD71
via mobile
Incredible gourmet experience

I spent the most wonderful day with the talented Rita and her wonderful team! The course completely... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
buncebrit
Verona, Italy
via mobile

All reviews cooking class local market her husband the kitchen fish market indian food delicious dishes learning how cooking course chai learn how amazing teacher prawns feel at home the real deal explained everything lovely lunch
Reviewed 5 April 2015

I attended Rita's gourmet goa on a 5 day comprehensive cooking course. I work in the catering industry and when abroad find that taking part in cooking classes is the best way to learn about the local food and the best way to prepare it (other than actually working in a pro kitchen). After a fair bit of research i decided that Rita's was the best bet and I have to say the classes did not disappointe. We had exchanged emails previous to my visit to discuss my options and if there was anything specific I would like to cover.
The course was spread over 5 days, starting at 0930 and usually finishing somewhere between 1500/1600.
Each day started with a detailed printed itinerary of the day ahead, along with all the recipes printed on headed paper, a nice touch.
The day stated with bfast, which you prepare and cook yourself,sambar, coconut chutney, idlis, chapattis, roti, puri,stuffed paratha, tomato chutney and more spread over the days.
I particularly enjoyed this part of the course, everything was pretty quick and relatively easy, hot and fresh.
We would then have time to enjoy breakfast with a cup of chai and a chat.
It was then on to lunch preparation. We would cover around 8 different dishes per day, vegi, meat, fish, rice a dessert. All goan or goan/Portuguese
Chicken Cafreal, lamb vindaloo, fish curry rice, crab xec xec and many more.
Each dish was prepared freshly, masalas made as needed, sharks cleaned, crabs preped!
Any questions about the dishes (or any other dish for that matter) were answered clearly and with a smile.
Lunch would be served around 1530, with a cold beer, fresh coconut water or any other drink of choice.
All in all a very worth while experience hosted by a very knowledgeable and talented lady, Rita.

3  Thank Ross I
Rita S, Owner at Rita's Gourmet Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Greetings to you Ross...!
Thankyou for reviewing the cookery workshop experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the comprehensive 5 days cooking session in Goan Cuisine. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

My sister and I joined two others from our cruise ship for a fun day of cooking and shopping with Rita's Gourmet. Rita arranged a pickup from our ship, took us on a shopping adventure through the local market, and guided us through creating 7 authentic and tasty dishes! Her hospitality was superb! We had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Rita's husband and daughter. It was a treat to spend time with such a special family. After two delicious meals (breakfast upon our arrival and the great lunch we prepared) we sadly said farewell. We were on a tight time schedule and Rita made sure we were back on our ship in time for its sailing. Rita followed up with an e-packet of recipes and photos in addition to the packet we received in our class. It was a fabulous experience!

3  Thank CarolBart

Thankyou Carol for reviewing the culinary tour experience. I am glad that you enjoyed the day's culinary workshop. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.

Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Our third cruise port was Goa. Today Jennifer and Phil, a couple we met on the cruise ship, joined us for a memorable cooking class with Rita Shinde (www.Ritasgourmetgoa.com). We visited the local vegetable and fish markets to purchase ingredients and then cooked 7 dishes in Rita's outdoor kitchen. The food was great and Rita and her husband were thoughtful, generous hosts. Lunch was delish!!

Thank you Rita!!

Greetings to you Nancy..!
Thankyou for reviewing the culinary tour experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed the day's culinary session. We try our best to extend the travellers the best so that they take back home memorable culinary experience from Goa.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

We had a great day out with Rita, checking out the local food/fish market, cooking up a traditional Goan menu and learning alot about different ingredients/techniques. Upon arrival, we were served an Indian breakfast with chapati's, tomato chutney, coconut chutney, sambal and so on. It was delicious. Throughout the day, Rita and her friendly tea keep you hydrated and are on hand to assist and guide. There was a lot of food to eat afterwards too!

I can highly recommend this course and we look forward to returning next year to learn more.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

It was really a wonderful time spent at Rita's Gourmet cooking classes, loved every minute of it. As other reviewers have mentioned, the experience at Rita's is the real deal, a very rewarding day to spend, the day while learning / cooking / eating. Recently spent an absolutely brilliant 2 days at Rita's Gourmet learning how to prepare several Authentic Goan dishes. From the minute I arrived I felt at home and Rita and her staff made me feel so welcome. We reviewed the itinerary for the day followed by a great cup of Tea....Rita is a great host, really patient and the whole course was great. Regarding the food, it leans more toward home cooking. Her equipment, as in other cooking courses, resembles a home kitchen more than a restaurant and so do her techniques, ingredients, dishes, and tastes.The cooking exprience was really great & would like to go back to learn something new.................m coming back Rita....