This was our second stay at the Marriott. We are owners of property in Maui and traded for a week here. This stay was much better than our last but I think that was due to the amends Marriott's VOA (Vacation Ownership Advisors) program had to make to us because they really messed up our plans for this trip (too long a story to get into). We dealt specifically with one person and a few supervisors to get our plans arranged and Marriott knew we were not happy. So this was an apology to us of sorts.
Our past visit a few years ago was fine except for the fact that our air conditioner went out in our villa for two days and maintenance could not seem to fix it. We had poor communication with the staff and asked to be moved but to no avail. This time our villa was air conditioned well and we were in a quiet area of "Giverny" looking out over the stream and golf course. We did request this area because this is the area we had stayed in previously. We have grown daughters so we did not need to be by the pool nor did we want to be near a lot of noise. From what we could tell there was noone staying in our adjoining villas because we did not see or hear anyone. We also did request a villa on the end for less noise.
We had a two bedroom villa with 2 1/2 bathrooms, a kitchen and living/dining area. Our villa was well furnished as before but needed a bit of updating because the sofa seemed to be the same one as our last stay (same fabric) and it seemed lumpy in places and worn. This is probably due to the sofabed in it. The beds were very comfortable and the master bath was very spacious. The caulking on the master tub could be refreshed, however. Overall, the villa was nice. We knew what to expect since we had stayed there before. I do think refreshing the furniture would be a good idea. The washer and dryer are always a plus. The patio outside with table and chairs is a very nice spot to read or enjoy a glass of wine. The kitchen is very well stocked and we appreciate the "American" coffee maker.
We enjoy the Parisian countryside atmosphere of the resort and the gardens. We also like its vicinity to Paris. The Auchan grocery is wonderful (near the resort property). We went there many times to buy wine, bread, croissants, jams and other groceries. The mall is also nice to walk around. The outlet area is nice too but was not too thrilling to us since we have many of these in the U.S. The resort mini grocery was also convenient if you need to pick up a quick item. The grounds are very beautiful to stroll around and we liked the Monet touch with the bridge and statue in our area. There was even a stray cat lying by the bridge!
We did not use the pool but walked around it and noticed the big chess game nearby-fun for the kids. The pool is very large and nice. The gardens are very beautiful with the blooming flowers but the kids' playground equipment seemed a little out of place in the middle of the gardens. The ponds and stream with the swans and ducks were very pretty. We also did not go to Disney as we were visiting Paris and Belgium so we drove in and out of the city.
The staff was very helpful with questions we had and the Concierge helped my husband with car rental return questions and arrangements. The front desk accommodated my request for an electrical converter.
For our needs, this Marriott property is nice and spacious. We like the condo/house type feel of it. We are mostly out sightseeing during the day so we are not in our villa very much. However, perhaps because of its close proximity to Disneyland, it is very kid friendly. There were many children roaming around and swimming. Most of the time we saw families with small children. So if you want privacy or a quiet resort, you might want to rethink this property or request a quiet area as we did.
Our suggestions about staying here would be to check up on your plans before you go whether by email or phone and make sure your arrangements are understood before you arrive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of our guest favourites in Bailly-Romainvilliers The Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France resort is situated in Bailly-Romainvilliers, in the countryside just beyond Disneyland Paris. It offers fully equipped villas for up to 8 guests with free internet access. The Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France resort offers 2 to 3-bedroom villas, each with living room, dining area, full kitchen and private terrace with scenic views. They also have satellite TV and a DVD player. Each villa is equipped with a bathroom and guests can take advantage of complimentary towels and bed linen. Guests are also invited to enjoy the indoor pool and seasonal outdoor swimming pool as well as the fitness centre. Guests can enjoy a meal at the on-site restaurant. Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France overlooks Golf Disneyland, a 27-hole golf course near the theme park. Val d'Europe Shopping Centre and RER Station is just 5 km away. In Bailly-Romainvilliers you will find a cinema and a small restaurant. This property also has one of the best-rated locations in Bailly-Romainvilliers! Guests are happier about it compared to other properties in the area. This property is also rated for the best value in Bailly-Romainvilliers! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! Hotel Chain : Marriott Vacation Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Village d`Ile-De-France Hotel Bailly-Romainvilliers
- Marriott Ile-De-France
- île-De-France Marriott
- Marriott's Village D'lle-De-France Ile-De-France/Bailly-Romainvilliers