Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Patrick S
Montreal

"Where serenity starts. . ."

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Feb 2015
Or so says the staff's shirts. =)

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Beach Placid resort. It was everything I wanted it to be.

I can't say enough great things about the staff. When I had to go to the hospital for what turned out to be a lung infection, a girl from the front desk and a driver came with me so that there could be no misunderstanding. And the following day, another driver took me all the way to Bantayan town and back, just so I could get my hands on the antibiotic required to treat the infection. Everyone, from the drivers, the front desk girls, the waiting staff at the restaurant, and the maids, is nice and friendly. The waiters and waitresses, especially, were always fun and talkative. Even better, they're never pushy, trying to get you to rent a motorbike or book a tour to another island. The vibe is cool and relaxed, just as the name implies. This resort truly has a good group of people making sure that travelers enjoy their stay on the island.

The grounds are well-tended and the entire resort looks great. Walking around Santa Fe and along the beach, you can see signs of destruction brought by last year's typhoon everywhere you go and many resorts are in the process of being rebuilt. Not so at Beach Placid resort, where everything appears in order.

They have a nice stretch of beach with a number of long chairs available. Seaweeds are raked away every afternoon, so the beach remains clean every day.

I booked the lovely seaview cottage 17, which was just perfect. Spacious enough for a solo traveler, with a clean bathroom and an aircon that worked well, I couldn't have asked for more. From my balcony, I was about 50 feet from the beach itself.

Being a bit outside of the town proper, I was concerned about being forced to eat at the restaurant more often than not. But to my surprise, every meal was excellent. The food is tasty, the portions generous, and the prices quite affordable. So much so that I ended up eating all of my meals there. Save a few bites for Shadow, a friendly dog that hangs out around the resort. If you do, she'll be your friend for the rest of your stay!

If I ever return to Bantayan Island (which is a possibility, as that lung infection prevented me from making the most of my trip), I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

Highly recommended. . . =)
Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, responded to this review
Responded 20 Feb 2015
I am so glad your stay was enjoyable inspite of health problems. At Beach Placid we treat our guests as family. We do anything to make your stay
pleasant which includes taking care of guests when they are sick. We do hope we see you again in the near future. Take care!

Joan
    ₹1,704
    ₹4,141
1.8 km from Beach Placid Resort
View more hotels in Bantayan Island
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

We had such a great time last year we decided to include Beach Placid in our Summer Tour 2015. The staff are so friendly and the food excellent and reasonably priced located on one of the best beaches you will find. Well worth the visit

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2015 via mobile

Neach Placid in Bantayan is a very nice place to relax. Our cottage was clean and  spacious just few steps away from the beach. Food in the restaurant is really really tasty. They have pancakes, salads, fish, pork and chicken, pizza, pasta and lots of cocktails :)
Staff was really helpful and polite.
They have laundry service, motorcycle  and bicycle rentals, massage, island hopping, wifi.
They offer also free lift to and from port in Santafe.
You can see that the staff is taking care of the plants and area around cottages.
There are small details to fix like moving taps, shower, locks in the door.
Local people are very nice and happy to see tourists.
We definitely can recommend this place!

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pgrynda
Reviewed 27 January 2015

Staff super nice. But theres no amenities here only soap. So make sure to bring toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo etc. Sun rises at 5am so set your alarm clock.If theres alot of cloud.. you might miss it. Feed the small friendly dog he is homeless and hungry but wont be pesky. He will keep his distance. Rent a bike or have the front desk book you a ride to the fish market at 9am (fisherman delivers goods at 5am 9am 10am) theres no lobsters (unless you are lucky) here but crabs shrimps squid (cuttlefish) are excellent. Buy parrot fish as well. They have crab farms so get them at 250 peso per kilogram. Also you can buy conch shells too at 90 pesos. Buy a half kilo of rice plus things needed for cooking (the guide will tell you). In all the guide named Toro will take you to the market on his motorbike and help you buy/carry fish and rice and veggies for grilling for 170 pesos. (120 peso plus 50 peso for gas) then take you on an island hopping tour. The only island you need to visit is virgin island for snorkelling. The rest is crap. But if you are bored go to nature park.. take a swim in the small cave, feed the monkey and swim in the swimming pool. But id probably just go to virgin islands. Pay 900 peso for the entire boat (2 people) and pay 500 peso for the entrance at virgin island. But since you will be asking your guide to grill the food and cook the rice prepare plates etc which they will provide.. you will need to rent a cottage. I paid 300peso for this. While you snorkel the guide will prepare lunch at the grilling site using natural coal and wood. He will prepare all plates and spoon fork.. clean fish make sauce etc. Spend as much time as you want but will probably want to go home by 5pm before the winds come. Pay 100 peso as tip (or 2us dollars) and if you go more than virgin island tip them 5 dollars. In all you can expect to spend about 40 dollars for an entire day with a full guide plus fresh grilled fish and rice.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TURKI A
Reviewed 21 January 2015

It was a long 6 hours trip from Cebu City. Coming from Manila, we literally took all forms of transportation (air, land and sea). But all exhaustion went away when we arrived at the resort because the atmosphere was really relaxing. We got a beach front room and we had a great view of the beach and the sea. The beach area is quite big and not crowded. Our trip was timed a few months after Super Typhoon Yolanda struck the island and the devastation brought by the storm was still visible. But the resort was operating normally. Accommodations are very basic but acceptable. Our room was clean and size was quite big for two persons. Their restaurant serve good food and servings are more than enough for one person. Seafood dishes are highly recommended because of their freshness. One can order a buko juice drink from an ambulant vendor and it will be served directly from the tree, that's the freshest that you can have it. :)

The resort staff, who were very friendly and accommodating, arranged a trip for us to Virgin Island for a reasonable price. The visit to this island is highly recommended because it was really beautiful there and it was not crowded. Though there are no comfort rooms available in the island and bottled water can be very expensive. The water is crystal clear and the sand is white and fine. We also rented a motorcycle from the resort to tour around the Sta. Fe town where the resort is located.

We stayed for three nights but my husband and I still feel that it was not enough to enjoy and savor all that the Beach Placid resort can offer. Our trip was very memorable because we saw first hand the devastation brought by the super typhoon and at the same time we also saw the efforts of the people to rise up from this tragedy, The resort was one of the few that had normal operations shortly after the typhoon. Beach Placid Resort is located very near from the Sta. Fe port that it took only a few minutes to get there. We were picked up by their resort shuttle service. We really had a great time and we expect to return with our kids.

Room tip: Get the beach front rooms
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sette_G
Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

Stayed here only for one night. Left earlier than planned. The room/cabana was very small, but right on the beach. Everything clean. The bed matress was old and worn out so we didn't sleep too well. Nothing fancy about the place what so ever. I thought it would be a much more "chill out, hang around" kind of a place than it turned out to be. That seems over all hard to find in Bantayan in my point of view.
Hot water in the shower.
Good for a night or two. Not more.

Date of stay: December 2014