1,264 results
All reviewssri lankaspecial thankssea viewseafoodindian oceanbeautiful hotelfood was greatbaby poolspecial mentionfront officemini barrooms are spaciousbeach frontclean beachmain restaurantrestaurant stafflunch and dinner
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It was all beautiful. Great service on Monday with a surprise birthday cake for my sons birthday! A great gesture. Also great service from Dasun, Priyankara, and Sanjeewa! Thoughtful even with the language barrier at times.
So far this has been a perfect breakaway. And will come again. Even if its before a cricket world cup! Keep up the great service with smiles handing out great times with no premise! Thank you!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank vishal r
Citrus L, Manager at Citrus Waskaduwa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the compliments and for your review. The team will be delighted by your feedback and for highlighting the experiences you have had with us. We are really happy to hear that, you have had a memorable stay with us. Look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights. Hotel was full of exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Some staff did seem to need a little more training but made up for that with their cheerfulness. Room decent size , great shower and bathroom though really strange internal window in bathroom.
Buffet food good, but the show cooking could have been improved by cooking more in advance as you always had to wait for the cooking to be done.
The beach was right by the hotel garden though we did walk on it a few times once we were out of the hotel’s sight the beach was badly littered which was a great shame and something that needs to be addressed by the local council/ government.
Swimming pool was a good length and very warm, plenty of sun beds . Only criticism was the booming music which was repetitive and so loud. Big thanks to Assistant Manager Abi.... who helped with our online checking and late arrival of our car to airport.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloucsj

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the compliments and for your review. The team will be delighted by your feedback and for highlighting the experiences you have had with us. We are really happy to hear that, you have had a memorable stay with us. We thank you for the constructive feedback which is truly invaluable to us and we will certainly take the highlighted areas in to consideration for areas of improvement.

While thanking you for taking time to write to us, we certainly hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our Hotel.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

location wise a little bit far away form the action, that said there are always tug tuks outside which will take you elsewhere quickly. However right on the beach.
gates to the beach close at 10pm, 1 night we had to get a security guard to open the gate to let us back in after eating further up the coast, he was friendly enough though.

rooms were big and well fitted out and clean etc.
staff were friendly,
food and drinks were no more expensive than other places we had visited in the country.

overall, we could have spent another few days here quite easily.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Citrus Waskaduwa following your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We hope you will visit us again on a possible future visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

At the end of our seven days tour around Sri Lanka , we spent six nights in here . Upon arrival , we received a warm and friendly welcome from the staff. Decor was warm and staff ever so friendly and smiley , starting from reception to Garden . We had a third floor room with balcony. Rooms have superb sea view & and comfortable beds with clean bathroom. We really enjoyed drinks and food , particularly the Sri Lankan food. There’s big enough varieties of food in the buffet , specially dessert corner, were superb, still mouthwatering remembering that. The swimming pool was great with plenty relaxers and shady , if you wanted it. Kasun, Nilan were really helped us to enjoy sun shine everyday. Main bar was really exclusive place to have a drink and spend time, and Kaushan, Charith , Sanath and Sajith were helped us to chill out all the time . The beach is right next to hotel , it was brilliant Creation of the nature. But you can not swim any time, with rough and high waves. WIFI is not that much strong , compared to other hotels, but it was ok , because you were on holiday!!!
Seriously, there was no fault to say, friendly , helpful staff and professional service made it . Sajith , Sanath , Kaushan , Charith , Ruwan, Madushan, Nilan , Kasun, Sandun, Lasith were really friendly and the Restaurant Manager Upul and Lobby Manager Vindya were really professional managers . They always ended up helping us a lot . Thank you to the every one , for made our stay , so memorable .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the community. It is delightful to note that you had a wonderful stay and that our standards and services were up to your expectations. The team will be delighted by your feedback and for highlighting the experiences you have had with us.

We hope you will visit us again on a possible future visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Citrus gets a 5* from me. I travelled solo to Sri Lanka, did four days of Safari tours, Elephant Orphanage etc. Then on to Citrus for six nights of relaxation. What gives this hotel a 5 is the staff, Abirami was so very lovely always checking to make sure I was happy and ok, always had a smile on her face. Akila was also never without a smile and a lovely lady. I have to mention Vindy too she was fabulous and always checking everything was ok. I spent alot of my time at the pool and the staff are all awesome. The pool is refreshingly cool and in that heat it's much appreciated. The grounds are beautiful and maintained daily by friendly staff all fenced in so you feel very safe. My room was more than adequate, amazing shower room, massive bed, mini bar and ocean view. It was cleaned daily and special mention to Awantha Charith from housekeeping who kept my room spotless and was always polite and friendly. The bar was awesome where I spent alot of my time drinking gin. And if I wasn't with my new found friends all the staff were great company Kaushan Chabi is a great barman friendly and everyone loved him. All the staff are great but these I mention stood out particularly and are an asset to your hotel. The food was more than ample loadsa choice but in all honesty due to drinking far too much gin and the heat I didn't actually eat as much as planned. However I did dine at the A'la carte one evening and it was presented beautifully and served again by lovely staff. Shanu' I believe was my waiter that evening and he was also very polite and a lovely lad. I had a lovely time at Citrus and would highly recommend, I hope to return in the future. Thank you for looking after me and making my stay near perfect. I made so many friends guests and staff combined.

Many thanks