“Great Find”
Review of Phuket Crystal Inn

Phuket Crystal Inn
Ranked #30 of 93 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed 25 November 2015

After winging it and being dropped off randomly by the taxi driver in Old Phuket Town, we walked down the street for awhile and saw the sign for the Crystal Inn.As it was pouring at the time we asked for a price and decided to take a room. We ended up on the 5th floor (top floor) and had a very nice room. Room was clean and the decor matched the theme of the hotel. There was the normal complimentary water and WIFI. We had no issues with the WIFI here and the strength was ok. Did find the wireless router was close to our room though.
Location is not too bad, we were 5 minutes walking distance a supermarket and a couple of malls. There were plenty of taxi drivers around and for the right price will take you anywhere. The hotel did price us one taxi the next day to our pier, but found one cheaper on the road.
There is a block with street food around the corner of KFC which is really cheap and well worth eating there. We were the only tourists eating there and it was brilliant food. If the locals eat like this, they are lucky people.
There was a slight language issue here, but that was ok, as there was always someone who knew a bit of English. Otherwise, we had no issues here. The room was tidy and clean, the WiFi good,the shower was great and the area free of tourists. In the end, it was a great find.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

I booked my holiday to Phuket through a UK company called Barrhead travel. My flights were just under the £400 mark and for myself and my 2 friends for a triple room we paid over £600 together for this room. It is a lot cheaper to book direct but I did trust the advisor would have given us somewhere nice to stay, my own fault really I should have checked it out before coming.

Anyway the hotel, it's ok, not very modern but that's not my problem, I can deal with a 'not so nice' hotel, but what I can't deal with is the shower being freezing, the tiles having mould all over them, the ceiling above the shower looking like it's going to cave in because it has clearly got wet a few times. The toilet in our room just overflows when you flush it and leaves a mess so we have to use the lobby toilets. The place isn't overly clean, rooms very dusty. Although one good point o must say is that the maids are very nice and very considerate and do try their best.

The lobby, I got back to the hotel after being out all day and one of the 2 staff members was sitting on the stair to the hotel smoking a cigarette, I said hi and he didn't even look up. The other one had his head down on the desk snoring.

Myself And my 2 friends parted for one day while I went off to do some things I wanted to do, so because you only get one room key we decided to leave the key behind the desk in the lobby so whoever is back first has a key. I got back first and the woman I had gave my key to had finished her shift and the 2 men were telling me you only get 1 key, it took me 20 mins to explain to them id left my key behind reception.

They don't speak good English at all. Which is completely fine! We are in their country and I highly respect that they don't need to speak English, but when you try to explain to them what you are talking about they can be quite flippant.

The wifi, I asked for a hotel that would have wifi as it is a big deal to me so I can contact home easily. The wifi worked perfect for the first day and then ever since it just decided when it would work and not work. Pain!

I won't come back to the crystal inn.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 7 November 2015

Nice location.
Good to save money and stay close to old town.
The rooms are old. But, OK.
If your requirement is not too high, it is good.
If you wans to stay as couple, you should pay a bit extra for other hotei.
Wifi does not work well.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2015

it was a good experience in this hotel, the breakfast and the room were good. the hotel kept our big luggages while we went for 3 day to phi phi islands. the only concern about the hotel is that is not very central.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed there for be night only, on my way to phiphi island.
I wasn't expecting anything so I wasn't disappointed.
There are a few shops just a short walk from the hotel. Also fast food restaurants and a 7/11.
The only bad thing for me was that you had to sign in to use the Internet almost e erything hour, and the quality and strength was quite poor.
Don't think I'll go back there

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business