“Coffee or tea and cake.”
Review of Blue Cafe & Bar

Blue Cafe & Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Karon
Reviewed 13 July 2018

This cafe is owned by the Old Phuket hotel,good choice of drinks,plenty of different cakes,service is good,very clean cafe,would recommend to all.vouchers from hotel to be used here.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was our staple coffee cafe. Staff super lovely and remembered my previous orders. Great coffee - great cake! and great staff.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My friends and I were enjoying a relaxing afternoon and wanted a bite to eat on our way back to our hotel. We stumbled upon Blue Cafe & Bar, with its seemingly inviting aesthetic. We glanced at the menu, and I saw an array of smoothie options - yum! (I thought to myself). I wanted a carbohydrate to soak up the smoothie (I chose banana), and thought the chocolate chip muffin would suffice.

I waited approximately 8 minutes just to order my two items, even though I was first in line. Negligent, irritable, and plain discourteous are just a few words to describe the manner in which the woman at the counter handled this interaction. To say I was perplexed would be an understatement.

While I understand a language barrier is inevitable, this woman did not make much of an effort to greet me with patience or a desire to understand what I was ordering, and she did so in a disagreeable fashion.

I was trying to be courteous to the line of three other customers, and asked to pay so that the next customer could be served. The additional employee who decided to show up 10 minutes into this ordeal was curt and condescending when I tried to make this checkout process more efficient.

Needless to say, this quick transaction was prolonged, distasteful, and I exited the cafe with a cold muffin.

Also...I forgot the name of the cafe briefly and looked at the cup of my smoothie, and the font is illegible. Clearly staff is not the only facet that needs to be overhauled in this establishment.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

When my friend and I strolled into this cafe, we had two simple requests: a smoothie and two muffins. Should take about 5 minutes. Our experience at the Blue Cafe & Bar took 30. It seemed as if the woman behind the counter was deliberately moving as slow as she could. She answered the phone while preparing our order and had a conversation. She attempted to put grenadine in my friend's smoothie (my friend had asked for a strawberry banana smoothie at first) and my friend told her NOT to - so it was just a banana smoothie (although she did add some sort of odd syrup to it). Very odd. Ended up being a fake-tasting smoothie and two pretty good muffins, but a complete waste of time.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I do not drink coffee but the cakes were tasty. My daughter, her partner and my husband all said the cappuccinos are the best. My daughter and partner would have a coffee every morning after breakfast at Old Phuket Hotel as this is linked with them.