All reviews pool villa dressing room walk in wardrobe karon beach happy hour swim up bar living area minute walk security man huge bathroom dressing area separate shower stayed nights pool side building work breakfast selection relaxing stay
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I stayed 6 nights late July/early Aug 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I researched thoroughly on TA so thought I should give back too. This was our first trip to Thailand.

We were in a garden bungalow which had a separate bedroom with own air-conditioner, the bed is a true king (unlike Europe) but being on a raised platform getting in and out is not the easiest thing to do.
There is a separate spacious bathroomm with bath (not used) and generous shower, including plenty of room to hand clothes/togs to dry etc, and a seperate walk-in robe space (incl safe). The living area had plenty of seating (if not the most confortable), a small fridge, tv and ac. Plenty of space to spread out and very quiet to relax. The pool is lovely and my husband loved the swim-up bar. The photos on the site and here do not do it justice. There is plenty of trees to give cover and help keep the temperature down (necessary!).

The staff were great and very attentive. We had breakfast every morning which was very good (eggs cooked to order, toast, bacon, local dishes, fresh fruit etc) and was very relaxing. The restuarant for dinner (only had a couple of nights) was ok but there are better options in the town areas. We were able to book activities through the front desk which was very good and we had pre-arranged an airport pickup which was handy as our flight was delayed and they were there even at 1am! I would recommend booking the shuttle back to airport too as we had trouble getting one (believe it or not) to take that far as it was a religious day. BHT1000 to the airport is the going rate. Tuk tuks to Patong, Kata etc are handy (200-400 baht) and the local bus (60 baht) is perfect over the hill to Phuket town centre.
The hotel is not so handy for the beach, Karon is probably a 5-7 minute flat (but hot) walk away but at this time of year the sea was fairly rough so we didn't swim there. Mostly went to visit shops or get a massage etc...

There aren't too many bungalows so it doesn't get too loud/noisy and is just very relaxing.
I visited the spa and it was good, though I think for the price I would just visit the massage shops down town several times!
Overall my expectations of The Village were exceeded and it is the perfect place for small family, couples and friends. It is very good value for money too.

Room Tip: I can't see what value you are getting with a pool bungalow as they seem to be the same just with a shallow part of the pool outside your front door so stick with the garden and spend your money on extra nights.
2  Thank TeamByrne
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Serene ambiance , beautiful gardens , relaxed atmosphere great food friendly staff .
We loved our stay here . These are great villas It's a really intimate little place 5 mins walk to beach, bars etc Comfy bed . We weren't that keen on karon itself But this place is a little oasis . I highly recommend it

Room Tip: Pool villas arent really worth the extra money as the pools outside them are so shallow
3  Thank David L
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We were upgraded from the front village due to renovations. The resort definately was as we expected with very helpfull friendly staff, the spa had great massages and was a fantastic price for the experience. The only small downside as stated is that you have to pay for the wifi and if I was being really picky the breakfast didnt have a great deal of variety but in saying that they are catering for a small amount of people due to the size of the resort. The villas were fantastic well presented and comfortable and the resort is only a short ride to either Karon or Phuket. I would definately stay here again if looking for a quiet and relaxing vibe.

1  Thank JPKTMBA
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at The Village Resort and Spa after much research and contemplation as we had never been to Phuket (or anywhere near it) before. I was extremely pleased with the resort and staff. The only down side to the resort is that wifi is not free. It is available for a small fee. The villas were well appointed and either had a great view of the beautifully maintained grounds or, even better, a private swim-up free form pool that meanders and connects to the main pool area with a sunken bar and plenty of room. Unfortunately, it was raining during our trip but the sun lounging decks looked very comfortable and spacious.

One of the best parts about the resort was the staff. They were very helpful and most could at least understand us in english. If not, they would grab someone who did. The spa was great. More expensive than the notoriously cheap places you can find around town but very nice, professional, and relaxing. They even gave us each a 50% off coupon when we arrived.

We enjoyed the private balconies with a table and two chairs, perfect for reading and relaxing come rain or shine. The beach was a short five minute walk away. Karon city was also five minutes (walking) away. Kata beach was a short tuk-tuk ride away as was Patong. I particularly liked being just outside the hustle and bustle of the city itself. The compound was very safe, an absolutely oasis.

I highly recommend The Village Resort & Spa.

3  Thank Shane T
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Great resort to spend your holiday, super wide rooms with super garden view.
The disadvantages were the rooms dont have free WI-FI internet and lack of variety of food in the breakfast. But still Super hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends