So, we are half way through our week at Horizon Karon Beach. This resort is wonderful if you are looking for a relaxing and tranquil holiday. If you are looking to party, go to Patong. One thing to take into account though is the stairs, there are a lot of them. As the resort is sort of nestled into a bit of a valley there are stairs everywhere. If you have any serious mobility issues you may have to look elsewhere. This is my only negative of the whole place. The staff are fabulous, the food is plentiful and pretty good for buffet style dining and the pool in the Privilege Club is huge with a swim up bar (no kids allowed). Horizon caters for both families and those older people looking for some quiet time. We fall into the latter and chose to stay in the Privilege Club side of the resort. Our room is huge with 2 queen sized beds that are so comfortable it’s tempting to stay there all day. The bathroom has a separate shower and massive deep bath tub. There is no need to buy food if you get a package including breakfast and dinner. Lunch is taken care of in the Privilege Club Cafe from 12 to 2 pm where you can get finger food and a selection of spirits and soft drinks at no charge. The resort is located at the top of quite a steep hill, but don’t panic, they offer a free tuk tuk each way at call. To come back there is a phone linked to the resort at the bottom of the hill and they come straight down to get you. They also have a free bus that runs between the Horizon in Patong that you need to book in advance as it fills quickly. Overall the resort is well maintained, although a little rough around the edges in places, but you will not go wrong choosing to stay here. If you go down to the shops on the Main Street take care walking as there are no footpaths in some spots. There are many places to get a Thai massage, 1 hour for 300 baht which is around AU$12...bargain. Have not had one yet but it’s on the list. These are offered at the resort but at a much higher price. Lots of places to change money too. For AU$100 we got approximately 2570 baht. Make sure to bring your fat pants as you’re bound to leave with a few added kilos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket