Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
Baan Karon Resort(Karon)
OneLoft Hotel(Karon Beach)
1,521 results
All reviewsprivilege clubfree tuk tukclub wingsister hotel in patongprivilege areabuffet breakfast and dinneradults only sectionkaron beachswim up barpool viewsmall hillflights of stairsfree shuttle servicekids clubwalk upmini marthappy hour
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed 7 nights in Privilege Wing Deluxe room. Pace of life slower there and more relaxing mainly as no kids allowed. Its air conditioned breakfast room also pleasant to cool down in and doubles as a reading room. Room's view nothing special, not sea view but I was on lower floor. Sea view higher up I think. Staff great, all friendly. Saying 'Sawasdeekap' for hello went a long way and improved relations even more. Only the balding concierge in his 30's got on my nerves when he hung around for a tip after carrying my one light bag to my room. It's your job, don't hang around please, I'll tip if I want to. Breakfast acceptable, but eat in main wing as Privilege Wing no cooked breakfast which I found odd. Bed comfortable, room large, and clean. Swimming pools could be cleaned a bit more often round the sides and bottom but were acceptable. Eat dinner at 'Marina' or 'Two Chefs' (turn left at bottom of hill, 150yds) or at 3rd restaurant along in a group of 5/6 similar looking restaurants if you turn right, which is where the Thais eat too and which serves a nice Phad Thai stir fry. Hill up to hotel no problem for anyone in reasonable shape under 55 and 100% tsunami proof. Tuk tuk runs all day free of charge if you struggle. When you turn left at bottom of hill you will be accosted on the street by loads of indian tailors with fake smiles and chit chat trying to get you inside their shops. Do not buy from them. My niece bought a belt which broke and no refund was given despite the guy remembering us from the day before. Disgrace. Gym is pretty good at the hotel. Beach very close. All in all very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MigsEarWigs
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at the horizon for 9 nights. It was absolutely amazing and we wish we could have spent longer there. The resort was at the top of the hill which is not a big issue in fact i think most people staying there would probably be thanking their lucky stars when the tsunami alert came through last week as it is located in a tsunami safe zone. The hill is only an issue if you have mobility issues and if you're feeling lazy the tuk tuk service is available and quite reliable. We stayed in the privilege club wing - defiantly a must do if you do not have any children under 18. The room was spacious, well serviced by the resort staff, clean, cool and had everything we could possibly need. Throughout our stay we got upgraded to a pool access room and when we go back we wouldn't stay anywhere else - having direct access to the pool from your room is defiantly a bonus. The breakfast buffet was amazing and the themed dinners satisfied our needs. The lunches at the privilege club area were satisfying because if you have a big breakfast and a big dinner you don't really need a massive 5 star dining experience for lunch. It was convenient to go from the pool to have lunch at the resort before heading out again. The staff were more than accommodating! They were friendly and very helpful. Their English was sometimes limited but I can't understand why people write bad reviews about this because it is ignorant to expect them to have great English when it isn't their first language. Their English is more than adequate to meet your needs. The report grounds are beautiful and we loved the location. It was nice to be out and amongst it during the day at the beach and the shops but then return to a quite, peaceful resort in beautiful tropical surroundings - we had the best of both worlds here! The tour desk was very helpful and the concierge attempted to answer our questions. The free bus service into patong was definatly an added bonus as it can be expensive heading back and forth in a tuk tuk all the time. The day spa was amazing and gives you a peaceful experience that the massage shops can not offer. Although I would recommend the day spa for at least one treatment, the massage shops along the main street are fantastic - there is a great little one called Rena right of the resort down by the pharmacy. The restaurant at the end of the street overlooking the beach is also a fantastic option. Although there are many resorts to choose from in Karon we would defiantly go back to the Horizon because we had an amazing experience here!

Room Tip: Defiantly go with the privilege area if you do not have chn under 18yrs. If you can afford the extra $$$ the pool access rooms are a must do!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ErinDock
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Hi ta readers , I'm am writing this as I come up from pool to dry off so I can apply a new batch of sunscreen . So far the only complaint I have of this place is it is too relaxing , I'm talking the privilege. Club wing , no kids running around , sorry young family's it's not that I don't like kids but I have served my time (and enjoyed it) , the food is great both breakfast and dinner , and happy hour is not to bad , sometimes you have to make small compromises to enjoy , like there is no free beer so I had gin &tonic , other TA reviewers are correct the hill is a bit steep but the tuk tuk service is excellent . I'm here for songkran and like I said some older people don't want to play , just relax , so if your a 50 something year old person that wants to relax perfecto , but if you want a bit more fun go somewhere else

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a privelige club room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Leigh007-11
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Lovely staff and resort gardens, nice pools, great breakfast - the only deal breaker for me was the incredibly hard bed, literally like sleeping on the floor. Located 100m up a steep hill from the beach, but there was a free golf cart to take you up and down if you're feeling lazy. Karon beach is clean and quiet with crystal clear water with some nice beach front restaurants, and only 10 mins from Patong for more shopping/nightlife.

Room Tip: don't bother upgrading to the Privilege wing
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mtodd5
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We just finished 6 nights in a pool access room in the privilege wing. Spacious room, but with a hard bed. Air con is noisy but very efficient. Lots of steps and the hotel is located up a fairly steep hill. Free tuk tuk service up & down the hill for those looking for an easier way. Breakfast is fine and staff are lovely. Check in staff and concierge service is not as friendly. I would recommend staying at a resort with direct access to the beach - either Kata or Karon.

• Stayed: April 2012