Just returned from our stay at Centara Karon, our first to visit to Thailand. We could not fault our stay, as it met all our expectations and more. The staff were attentive and accommodating. The facilities had something for all. The Centara is situated in a beautiful setting with exceptionally maintained gardens. The three pools gives options to families, couples or singles alike. The breakfast menu had varying options for everyone. The only issue was queuing to be seated at peak times, but nothing too long. Any snacks or room service meals were to be met with a high standard too. The surrounding area boasts a variety of restaurants to meet your tastes and we experienced particularly good food, at reasonable prices and service in Papaya and the Tandoori restaurant opposite. Both minutes away from the hotel. As recommended we also sampled the food at the Red Onion which was generally ok, however the service was horrendous. Didn't entice us back! Try and avoid the two fish restaurants on the main road on the opposite corners, seafood overpriced and small in quantity. There is a mobile crepe maker on the corner too and is a must at 40 bht. Most evenings we would sample the bars near by and again the hospitality was welcoming with prices somewhat cheaper than in the Centara. The Centara did have a happy hour at varying pool bars etc, perhaps earlier in the afternoon would have been a better option, as we usually headed back to our room by 5pm to relax before heading out for the evening. We tended to spend most of our time at the The Terraces pool and my only complaint was the continual playing of the same music disc. The resort itself generally provided bars with some live music nothing too rowdy. There were several bars with women to entice you in, perhaps not those you would want your children to experience, more for the male traveler. There are various excursions available, but remember to haggle for the best price. We opted for the elephant trekking and the trip to James Bond Island, and highly recommend both. Karon beach can be a little disappointing, as there is an appearance of being a tad dirty on the periphery but on the whole quite stunning. A little more attention should be given to its upkeep. Finally, we also used a local laundry service rather than the hotel and finished product was of a high quality for 95 bht. Hoping to go back sooner rather than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon