We have just returned from a week at the Centara Karon Resort. Unless you don't mind cheap and cheerful then don't bother. If you are expecting a traditional Thai welcome and service then don't bother. KIf you think you will not get ill, then don't bother.
Our room was large but tatty and compared to 4 stars in Bangkok, definately a 2. The Lotus restaurant is open and there are birds that take great pleasure in contaminating the food that is left open to the elements, so only eat fresh cooked and covered food and do not leave anything for the flies to land on whilst you leave your table. And the reaon for this warning is that Phuket has open sewers and open cespits and where do you think all these birds and flies have been before breakfast ??? Take a look around the childrens pool and you will not only smell the waste but you will see it through the open grills. We read headlines in the Karon local asking the locals to stop emptying their toilet buckets in the sea overnight - I jest you not!!! The staff are unfriendly, lazy and bordering on rude but then I understand there is no unemployment in southern Thailand but is that an excuse. Will we be back to Phuket NO, will we book any of the Centara Hotels again - NO. If you do decide to consider Phuket, then do some serious research beforehand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Fastbooking and Ctrip TA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon