We had no hesitation in re-booking this hotel after staying last year (May 2011). We requested the same room (112), a ground floor room and sure enough they allocated it to us on our arrival. There is little more to add from our review last year as everything is spot on. One word of warning though, is that the sea by the hotel is notoriously fatal with 3 drownings occurring during our stay in the month of May 2012. Red flags were up but French and Russian tourists lost their lives by ignoring the warnings. Please be careful and watch your children especially. Paddling in the sea is fine, but be warned if you're going deeper than waist-height.
Going back to the hotel, we didn't want a pool-access room due to potential noise in the afternoons, people swimming, noise from children but rooms 110-113 are near enough to the pool then you don't have far to walk (10-20 meters) until you reach the pool. Plus they are cheaper by about a third in cost.
One niggle is that we ordered lunch by the pool and it took 1 hour to cook a burger, and this was during low season when nobody else had ordered. After this, we ate elsewhere. I know its Thailand but this is the worst poolside service we have experienced.
They have a spa on-site but their prices are out of touch (big time) by the rest of Phuket. If you want a massage, pop to the massage shop at the entrance to the hotel near the security guard's hut. My wife was very impressed with having her manicure and varnished in a fancy pattern for 500 baht
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa boasts beach front vistas of the spectacular azure waters of the Andaman Sea, endless expanses of golden sand and beaches and awe inspiring evening sunsets. We provide the perfect location & accommodation, offering our guests all the comforts & luxury they have come to expect from the minute they walk through our door. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa offers a culturally diverse selection of dining options from intimate a la carte dining to room service and takeaway. Exercise in our fully equipped gymnasium, swim laps of our pool, enjoy relaxing massages & beauty treatments, inspire & develop your culinary skills by enrolling in one of our Thai or Indian cooking classes. At the end of the day, relax in our tropical surrounds enjoying a refreshing cocktail, listen to mood music from our resident entertainers as you watch a spectacular sunset and the closing of another day in paradise. Karon Sea Sands offers guests traditional Thai hospitality complimented with modern facilities & amenities. Our professional, experienced and courteous staff are on hand to look after your every need and to ensure that your stay with us is a pleasurable and memorable occasion. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, your ultimate resort destination, and we are in the right location! Situated on the south western seaboard between Kata and Patong, Karon is 60 minutes from Phuket International Airport, 15 minutes from Patong or a 30 minute drive to Phuket Town. Our resort is situated within easy walking distance of Karon’s shopping centers, markets, tourist attractions and nightlife venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karon Sea Sands Resort And Spa
- Karon Sea Sands Hotel Karon
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Phuket