1,369 results
All reviewskaron beachbeach bagfree wifichanged dailyreception staffair conditionersister hotelgreat holidayswim up barnoodleswelcome drinktuk tukegg stationyogurthappy houredwardthailand
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Stayed at the Andaman for 8 nights on a Scoopon package. Stayed on 4th floor facing the beautiful Karon Beach. Hotel is maybe 150 metres from water's edge and the beach had a very gentle surf and crystal-clear water for the duration of our stay.
Hotel is likewise about 150-200m from 5 or 6 small open-air restaurants in 1 direction and a couple of larger restaurants in the opposite direction, all selling delicious and cheap food.
Tuk Tuks and taxis can be found 100m from the hotel on the main road with fares to Kata or Karon temple about 200 baht (about $AUD8).
Hotel has two good pools with plenty of towels and pool chairs. Never a shortage and if one pool is too sunny, hot or crowded, the other will be less so. There is also a shallow, toddler pool. Swim up bar and poolside drinks available.
Breakfast in the hotel is a buffet and, from my western background, a very comprehensive buffet. This is not a champagne and caviar breakfast but ranging from 3-4 varieties of juice, some cereal, plenty of chopped fruits, always 2 varieties of yoghurt, cold sliced meats, a cheese, olives, gherkins plus a least 8 hot foods, ranging through massaman tofu, sausages, bacon, fried rice, baked beans, cooked tomato etc.on top of that toast, croissants and sweet cakes, with coffee and tea.
The room I stayed in on the 4th floor was spacious with a king sized bed, table and desk, 3 chairs but, to my mind, a fairly dysfunctional day bed. Coffee making facilities and mini-bar/ fridge worked well. Balcony at this level is very small and really just enough space for drying a few clothes and towel.
Housekeeping was adequate with towels replaced every day as needed along with the pool towels.
The little things in cleaning and maintenance indicate a more thorough regime is required. Air conditioner leaked for several days and cleaning staff did not notice either the soaking towel under it or the bucked of water??? Previous occupant's make up could still be found on tiles several days after we moved in. Sliding door on the wardrobe was never going to work and grime around sliding balcony door looked poor. Many chipped tiles in the bathroom and shower and shaving in the bathroom was a problem with the inadequate lighting.
But, overall a very good hotel. Location suited me. Staff are friendly and helpful. One disappointment was the tour desk and I am not sure if in this modern era whether the hotel sees itself as a facilitator of tours.
Hotel booked my transfer back to airport at 1300 baht (about $AUD52) which was a better price than many other hotels in the area were charging. Be warned, the airport is 40 -60 minutes away.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes without a doubt.

Room Tip: Rooms at 3rd or 4th level facing the street had good beach and sunset views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken2234
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Remarkable service. From management to reception. bar staff and kitchen and cleaners. Outstanding. We felt instant friendship with them all. The room {420} was perfect. the views incredible. It was nice to be remembered from our previous visit. Location was perfect just a short walk from the main areas of shopping and beach. Breakfast was tremendous. Manager in particular was absolutely lovely lady. Great value. Recommend to all, get a group together. This is a place for developing long term friendships. Also very family friendly environment. Your kids will love the pools.

Room Tip: Higher floors, views you don't get tired off.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John R
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We rested in the second half of October. We lived in room 436 (4 floor). We thought that it would be noisy from the pool, but the guests at the hotel are adequate and behave well. At the initial stage, the employee Abner was very helpful for us.
Excellent view from the window to the sea and the pool, the rooms are clean, cleaned every day. There are bathrobes, towels, water, coffee, tea, even toothbrushes.
Separately there is a kit for the beach (a bag, slippers, towels).
There is a large wardrobe with hangers and a safe.
Breakfast at the European level.

Room Tip: view from the window to the sea, the rooms are clean, cleaned every day, bathrobes, towels, water, coffee, tea, even toothbrushes.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank vorfolomeev
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is my first time in Thailand. The hotel had good location right next to the beach. There are many restaurants on the main road.I was in superior room with balcony on 4rd floor. There are some negative comments about doors and windows, but it's not problem if AC is working inside is cool and nice.
About mosquitoes they don't provide electric repellent, I used my own Raid Electric mosquito repellent. Didn't have any bites in the room, when outside I used Autan.
I had late flight but I had to leave the room at 11am. They allowed me to keep my suitcase back in the reception. I was able to go to beach, pool and spend my time in Karon. From 6pm to 7pm I even had free shower in the Spa. They said we can use all facilities except the rooms until we leave to the airport.

The best experience in this hotel as many other reviewers say was the service - really nice people, always smiling, always willing to help. I was impressed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Atanas A
Reviewed 3 October 2017

It was our first time in Thailand, and wow from arrival at airport to the Hotel was a pleasant experience. Staff at Andaman really welcomed us with open arms and nothing was to much to ask for, everyday you were greeted with a BIG smile, and the service was fantastic. the rooms was clean and neat and breakfast was good. And its close to the beach and surroundings. will definitely recommend.

Room Tip: will recommend 4th floor nice and quiet with a nice sea view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends